Network Engineer MODL - experience????

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:21 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Network Engineer MODL - experience????

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Agree with you on the CCSP: I didn't say CCSP will be okay for MODL - I said it may be useful.

Your opinion on CISSP is inaccurate - CISSP alone is enough for MODL, but will need an underlying qualification (Group A, B or RPL) to get positively assessed.

And I'll leave this as that

Peter
Sure we'll leave it at that. What would I know anyway, I am only a CISSP with a positive assesment who has spent time speaking with the ACS
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:23 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Sure we'll leave it at that. What would I know anyway, I am only a CISSP with a positive assesment who has spent time speaking with the ACS
Congratulations

Peter
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:53 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

Peter
Thanks

I dont mention it to big it up. I feel for the IT professionals out there who have done the job rather than the degree and the ACS give a hard time to. Having a degree doesnt magically grant you the skills to perform in any profession.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:57 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I feel for the IT professionals out there who have done the job rather than the degree and the ACS give a hard time to. Having a degree doesnt magically grant you the skills to perform in any profession.
No arguments about that.

I'm in a privileged position of being both IT-aware and part of the migration advice profession that gives me quite a unique view of such matters.

I like to look at the RPL as a alternate way to get a positive skills assessment - no less "glamorous" than an IT diploma/degree holder, which is a good thing.

If you were a self-taught engineer without paper qualifications, you won't get very far with IEAust!

Peter
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

If you were a self-taught engineer without paper qualifications, you won't get very far with IEAust!

The whole immigration system seems to completely ignore the idea of self-teaching completely. I think this is a shame, certainly for some professions (maybe not hands-on professions), as I think self learning is more than possible. The Open University system backs this up, yet if I spent the same time studying the same manuals/training guides off my own back, it would be worthless.