nervously awaiting New Sol

Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice
Default Re: nervously awaiting New Sol

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson View Post
in the draft list, is the IT Manager occupation gone?
seems to be, lets hope these are not the list, my friend is waiting on wa sponcer due not having enougth points. if they change the codes. this will screw people over
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson View Post
in the draft list, is the IT Manager occupation gone?
IT MANAGER WHERE ARE YOU? I HAVE SPENT MONTHS DOING MY ACS ASSESSMENT!!

MAVINE1
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by delectable View Post
Seems not worst and is based purely on academic qualification, mainly uni rather than needing to be actually a qualified accountant.
I disagree, my reading of it is CPA or equivalent simply means a member of the CPA or another recognised body such as ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW in the UK for example.

CPA tends to be the designation the member uses as well as the institute they are a part of. For example I am an ACMA in the UK but am also a CPA (Aus) but only have to use the (Aus) part as I do not reside in Australia but am a member of the institute.

Hope this helps

Si
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

delectable is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Si T View Post
I disagree, my reading of it is CPA or equivalent simply means a member of the CPA or another recognised body such as ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW in the UK for example.

CPA tends to be the designation the member uses as well as the institute they are a part of. For example I am an ACMA in the UK but am also a CPA (Aus) but only have to use the (Aus) part as I do not reside in Australia but am a member of the institute.

Hope this helps

Si
I've actually email CPA specifically about this.

If you don't have suffienct credits, i.e. the 9 out of 12 subjects, yoo can sit futher exams to qualify you and can even sit the exams in the UK.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by delectable View Post
I've actually email CPA specifically about this.

If you don't have suffienct credits, i.e. the 9 out of 12 subjects, yoo can sit futher exams to qualify you and can even sit the exams in the UK.
Did you get them to confirm if there were any professional experience requirements? If there are then the combination of the additional exams and the PER would make you a CPA or equivalent upon application.

I am not questioning your point but it may be worth you checking. You would not want to jump through one hoop only to find another waiting.

Good luck

Si
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

delectable is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Si T View Post
Did you get them to confirm if there were any professional experience requirements? If there are then the combination of the additional exams and the PER would make you a CPA or equivalent upon application.

I am not questioning your point but it may be worth you checking. You would not want to jump through one hoop only to find another waiting.

Good luck

Si
They said you need to complete all 5 modules in the CA programme and have completed 3 years 0f Practical Experience Program (PEP) to become eligible to become a member of the CPA.

For migration purposes it's all academic or tertiary. You need to have a degree of comparable level to Oz bachelor level.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I hope those waiting for the new list all get the news they hope for today.

Fingers crossed.

Mine are!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Strikers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kingseat View Post
I hope those waiting for the new list all get the news they hope for today.

Fingers crossed.

Mine are!
New SOL delayed until May

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#q
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As there will be no concrete information until the end of next month, there is little point in continuing this thread as it is likely to stress people out as to whether or not they will be affected.

Stay patient people and I hope the next month passes quickly for you.

Thread closed.