Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Negative ACS Assessment. Is review a good option?

Negative ACS Assessment. Is review a good option?

Old Sep 27th 2016, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Neo13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post [Urgent Need] Negative ACS Assessment. Is review a good option?

Hi All,

I had recently applied for an ACS assessment against the code 261111 Business Analyst and received a negative assessment stating that my degree though a major in computing, was not closely relevant to the nominated code and thus required 4 years of relevant work experience ( I had only 3 years 2 months).

Now, I have got another employee reference from my previous employer where i worked as a project engineer besides the existing 3.2 year reference from my current employer.

The Roles/ duties listed in each are stated below.

Project engineer (11 months):

• Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards for different associated projects
• Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
• Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an application within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
• Researching, consulting, analyzing and evaluating system program needs
Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing database systems and assisting in enhancing the existing system design

Current employer (previously submitted)

• Identifying and analyzing client’s business processes and formulating business requirement documents across multiple projects in global markets including Australia, Japan, Singapore and USA.
• Implementation of various projects, acting as a central source of information, assisting in the development of project plans, resource planning and providing guidance to the development team in the design and development of the proposed solution.
• Performing fit-gap analysis of existing systems and proposing tailored solutions to enterprises across the financial industry
• Designing and implementing system test plans to ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system.
• Delivering product demonstrations at client locations and over WebEx to a global client base.
• Creating user and training documentation and conducting formal training classes

I am planning to review my existing application, including the reference from my previous employer under the 261311 Analyst Programmer code.

It would really helpful if anyone can comment if this would be the right approach taking into account the above listed duties/ responsibilities?

Also, if not, shall I modify my employee reference and submit a new application?

Would really appreciate any help in this regards.

Thanks.

Last edited by Neo13; Sep 27th 2016 at 5:09 am.