Wikiposts

need your help please

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:49 pm
Oz bound ,Yahoo !!!!!!!!

beachbum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need your help please

how do i get a visa for Oz , i'm 60 and am a skilled gas fitter and also have a brother in perth for 27 years , how do i go about it
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:57 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: need your help please

Are you looking to retire? If so there are some requirements listed on the DIMIA website. www.immi.gov.au

Don't know enough about sponsorship or last remaining relative visas. Might be worth taking the advice from a good immigration agent.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:57 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

hi there, i would strongly recommend using an agent - a good one that is!! check out MARA register and search for one in your area - just do a search on google or something!!

It is such a long drawn out and incredibly complicated process - they need to assess your skills via TRA and other organisations, then your eligibility etc. etc.

if you check out the DIMIA website they are extremely useful and provide downloadable booklets to read through - have fun though they are all a bit of a minefield and take some reading over and over!!

have a look at previous posts there are some really useful suggestions and links to websites.

good luck - i dont think you should have too many problems being a gas fitter and all - but then they are making it extremely hard or seem to be at the moment!

take care
vb2
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:17 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

At 60 you're going to be too old for a skilled visa of any kind, and I would suspect that some type of retirement visa will be your only option.

45 is the cut off age for the skilled visa applications.

Originally Posted by vb2
hi there, i would strongly recommend using an agent - a good one that is!! check out MARA register and search for one in your area - just do a search on google or something!!

It is such a long drawn out and incredibly complicated process - they need to assess your skills via TRA and other organisations, then your eligibility etc. etc.

if you check out the DIMIA website they are extremely useful and provide downloadable booklets to read through - have fun though they are all a bit of a minefield and take some reading over and over!!

have a look at previous posts there are some really useful suggestions and links to websites.

good luck - i dont think you should have too many problems being a gas fitter and all - but then they are making it extremely hard or seem to be at the moment!

take care
vb2
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beachbum
how do i get a visa for Oz , i'm 60 and am a skilled gas fitter and also have a brother in perth for 27 years , how do i go about it
There are few good agents in this forum as well. Try with them.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevereed
At 60 you're going to be too old for a skilled visa of any kind, and I would suspect that some type of retirement visa will be your only option.
Remaining relative visa may be an option, if the requirements are met.

Jeremy
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:13 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

nah dont think so, i looked into that, i think she would have to be my mother or grand mother - not just an aunt so to speak and also i think i am too old to be "adopted" as my age plays a part in that one too (30)

thanks for suggesting it though!!
vb2
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:19 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vb2
nah dont think so, i looked into that, i think she would have to be my mother or grand mother - not just an aunt so to speak and also i think i am too old to be "adopted" as my age plays a part in that one too (30)

thanks for suggesting it though!!
vb2
confused???.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevereed
confused???.
Yep! Totally!! I thought Jeremy was answering the original poster, and suggesting Remaining Relative for them?
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by beachbum
Hi beachbum

You're definately too old for any of the skilled visa's. The age limit is 45, no exeptions. Do you have a wife/partner who is under 45 with the required skills? Maybe you could look into that if appropriate or perhaps a retiral or remaining relative visa if this is not an option.

I would suggest contacting a MARA registered agent for advice. There are some good ones on this forum, who would look at your case and advise whether or not you have the criteria to apply for one of the many visa's.

Good Luck

Jan