Wikiposts

need suggestion

Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

alikhi will become famous soon enough
Default need suggestion

Daer All
I applied for 136 Visa on September 2006 from Pakistan as non MODL Software Designer (2231-15). Currently I have 5 point short (115) because I am not getting 6 bands in all parts in IELTS ( L=5.5,R=5.5,S=5.5,W=6) overall 6 band If I send this result what happened

My question is that is there any possibility I can re-assessment MODL (2231-79) coz I also working on C# can my Co give me the time frame for that what is the possibility
Please also advised me if there any other why I can successful
From

Ali
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all
Default Re: need suggestion

Originally Posted by alikhi
Daer All
I applied for 136 Visa on September 2006 from Pakistan as non MODL Software Designer (2231-15). Currently I have 5 point short (115) because I am not getting 6 bands in all parts in IELTS ( L=5.5,R=5.5,S=5.5,W=6) overall 6 band If I send this result what happened

My question is that is there any possibility I can re-assessment MODL (2231-79) coz I also working on C# can my Co give me the time frame for that what is the possibility
From

Ali
Hi
If you send you IELTs in now, your application will be pooled, and it stays in the pool for 2 years, after then it is refused...My advise take the test again......
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for your reply .Ok I will re take IELTS .If I want to choose any others option beside that what will be the best currently I am single If I married and wish to claim 5 point from my spouse is this possible ?Or IF I am reassessment as MODL?
Is my co give permission or not?

Regards
Ali
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

thanks for your reply .Ok I will re take IELTS .If I want to choose any others option beside that what will be the best currently I am single If I married and wish to claim 5 point from my spouse is this possible ?Or IF I am reassessment as MODL?
Is my co give permission or not?

Regards
Ali
Hi Ali
Another option would be a sponsored visa.. through the government, or by an employer, if you go through the government you need less points, if you are sponsored by an employer you gain the extra points... there are downfalls with both options..sitting the IELTs is probably your best bet, gives you lots of options.........
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

remember you can only claim 5 points for spouse skills, not for having a spouse. She would need to be on the skills list too.
You can't be reassessed as MODL, DIAC could add your profession to the MODL list in which case you could potentially ask your CO to look at your application in light of this. But if its not on the list there is nothing you can do.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:19 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Daer All

From

Ali
Hi Ali,

Yes you can submit a second skills assessment for one of the old GSM applications and if it reaches the case officer before an assessment is made then it will be taken into account. On the other hand your best option is to do the IELTS again - with that score you might even be justified in asking for a re-mark. And yes, you can get married and include your spouse however I don't think she can claim points if an occupation wasn't specified for her in the application. A bit hard if you didn't know her in September 2006.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply . Can I changed my visa option at this stage?

Secondly reassessment acs it will take one to 3 month for that I will informed my co for that?

reagrds
Ali
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply . Can I changed my visa option at this stage?

Secondly reassessment acs it will take one to 3 month for that I will informed my co for that?

reagrds
Ali
Hi Ali
I have read on many forums people changing there visa, but and it is a big but you have to be sure you get confirmation from your CO, i have read about one visa can canceling out another, could be a real mess, i would put any questions you have to George Lombard, he is really helpful, and has helped many people including myself on many difficult questions. The IELTs does seem to be the best way forward though for you.