Wikiposts

in need of some urgent advice

Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default in need of some urgent advice

i have a friend who is a podiatrist and would like some info on how she would go about getting her skills assessed. she will be 45 in 6 weeks time, has she left it too late to be able to emigrate or is there still some route she can go?
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice
Default Re: in need of some urgent advice

Hi
i am sure you have to be under 45 when your application to dimia goes in but as you said she has to have her skills assessed first it is possible but she has to get a move on and get her skills assessment done

Billy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:56 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
i have a friend who is a podiatrist and would like some info on how she would go about getting her skills assessed. she will be 45 in 6 weeks time, has she left it too late to be able to emigrate or is there still some route she can go?
Hi Robert,

Your friend should look at this: http://www.apodc.com.au/Education/Ov...applicants.htm and bear in mind that as she has a MODL occupation there may be employer nomination options downstream, particularly if she can complete the APODC recognition process.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robert cowan
The probability of your friend obtaining a positive skills assessment as a podiatrist and lodging a valid visa application before she turns 45 is about zero.

It might be possible for her to obtain a skills assessment in some other skilled occuaption and lodge a valid visa application and then POSSIBLY change her nominanted skilled occupation to podiatrist or DIMIA might do this for her.

There is another possible visa otion.

Your friend should consult a local Registerted Migration Agent immediately.

I would not try to run the case at this stage, but she might find an agent who will.

Best wishes
Westly Russell