Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

need some help on propective marraige visa ( Fiancee Visa)

Wikiposts

need some help on propective marraige visa ( Fiancee Visa)

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

z_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant future
Default need some help on propective marraige visa ( Fiancee Visa)

i have few questions for fiancee visa.

1) is there any specific format the letter from marriage celebrant in australia. what details this letter should contain . any idea?

2) i got all my photoes as digital image. i tried to get the print outs but the quality is very bad. is it ok if i send all the photoes in CD. is it allowed to do.

3) for the statutory diclaration from family members. again any specific format or just the signed letter from all the family member should do. anyone has to sign the letter as witness?

anyone with some suggestion?

regards

zak
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:46 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: need some help on propective marraige visa ( Fiancee Visa)

Originally Posted by z_zakash

1) is there any specific format the letter from marriage celebrant in australia. what details this letter should contain . any idea?
No set format, it should contain information about you and your financee, how, when and where you met. Your future plans, how you support eachother etc - all the details you need are in Booklet One.

2) i got all my photoes as digital image. i tried to get the print outs but the quality is very bad. is it ok if i send all the photoes in CD. is it allowed to do.
No. I wouldn't, everything gets scanned in and sent to file. Just chose a couple of photos and take them to a shop to get them developed, will only cost a few dollars. If they're digital even if the resolution is low they should still be printed fine by a professional.

3) for the statutory diclaration from family members. again any specific format or just the signed letter from all the family member should do. anyone has to sign the letter as witness?

anyone with some suggestion?

regards

zak
They need to go on a form 888 if they're being done by Australians. A JP/lawyer needs to certify them, and the Australian birth cert/citizenship papers

Cheers
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

The celebrant's letter needs to be on letterhead, signed, dated, and it has to include your names and the place and date of your intended marriage, and also that a NOIM has been lodged in Australia. I am sure that most celebrants will be familiar with it.

I would definitely not send a CD. I had this same issue. I'm not sure where you are located, but if you go to a photo shop, or a drugstore, they will most likely be able to print your digital pictures on photo paper, in regular photo quality. That is what I did, and you can't even tell that they are digital picture. I had mine done at CVS, I even uploaded them to their website, so I didn't have to go into the store.

Like mlbonner said, they should be done on form 888 if the people are in Australia, and they have to be certified by an appropriate authority.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

z_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Laurie1st]The celebrant's letter needs to be on letterhead, signed, dated, and it has to include your names and the place and date of your intended marriage, and also that a NOIM has been lodged in Australia. I am sure that most celebrants will be familiar with it.

just one more thing what is NOIM...

cheers
zak
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

just one more thing what is NOIM...

cheers
zak
Notice of Intent to Marry. You can find it easily online by doing a Google search. It needs to be filled out and lodged prior to your application, because it is part of what proves that you have a genuine intention to marry.

Let me know if you can't find it and I will post a link.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Laurie1st
Notice of Intent to Marry. You can find it easily online by doing a Google search. It needs to be filled out and lodged prior to your application, because it is part of what proves that you have a genuine intention to marry.

Let me know if you can't find it and I will post a link.
just one more thing is like marriage ceremoney has to be a civil marraige?

tahnx

zak
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

just one more thing is like marriage ceremoney has to be a civil marraige?

tahnx

zak
It does not have to be a civil marriage. Here is the list of all approved celebrants.
http://www.ag.gov.au/internet/marria...rants?OpenView

The States are listed on the left side, so you can search for the celebrants located in your State. You can also search through them by religions affiliation.

The NOIM has to be filed regardless of the type of ceremony that you have.