British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Need Sample Experience letter for ACS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/need-sample-experience-letter-acs-681845/)

jatsfru Aug 19th 2010 6:55 am

Need Sample Experience letter for ACS

Hi All,

I am looking for a sample experience letter to submit for Australia.
Can anybody help me with this information.

Thank you.

Pollyana Aug 19th 2010 10:25 am

Re: Need Sample Experience letter for ACS

Originally Posted by jatsfru (Post 8787286)
Hi All,

I am looking for a sample experience letter to submit for Australia.
Can anybody help me with this information.

Thank you.

An experience letter is based on YOUR experience, which is unique to you.

pseethar Aug 19th 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8787564)

I believe jatsfru is asking for a model experience letter. jatsfru, you can probably prepare one, based on the ACS requirements or trying searching in Web on a similar model. Not sure w'thr any one would want to share their letter..

jatsfru Aug 19th 2010 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8787564)

Pollyana, I was refering to the Format of the letter not to frame the letter for me.

Thank you pseethar, appreciate your help.

Rodger_lawson Aug 20th 2010 11:01 am

Originally Posted by jatsfru (Post 8787581)
Pollyana, I was refering to the Format of the letter not to frame the letter for me.

Thank you pseethar, appreciate your help.

here is one sample...

This is to Certify that Mr. XXXX XXXXXXX was employed fulltime as a Software Engineer with our organization XYZO Corporation, from Sept 1, 1995 to February 20, 2001.

During his employment with us, XXXX was working in a role of Analyst Programmer in the WHYSO Project with the below responsibilities:

1)
2)
3)
4)

XXX has programming expertise in COBOL, JAVA, C, C++ and DB2, ORACLE, CA-DATACOM and other tools such as .. etc

jatsfru Aug 20th 2010 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson (Post 8789950)
here is one sample...

This is to Certify that Mr. XXXX XXXXXXX was employed fulltime as a .................................................. .........................................

XXX has programming expertise in COBOL, JAVA, C, C++ and DB2, ORACLE, CA-DATACOM and other tools such as .. etc

Hi thank you for this, I have a little doubt.
I am in this Job from past 4.2 years and during this period. I am holding different positions .

1) Software Engineer then promoted as
2) Sr. Software Engineer then promoted as
3) Project Leader.

In this case do I need 3 letter from the company (Or) one stating the whole time period would be enough (Or) this one letter should be divided with the various time periods.

PMV Aug 20th 2010 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by jatsfru (Post 8789977)
I am in this Job from past 4.2 years and during this period. I am holding different positions .

3) Project Leader.

In this case do I need 3 letter from the company (Or) one stating the whole time period would be enough (Or) this one letter should be divided with the various time periods.

It doesn't matter.

A single technical reference per employer with the dates and details for role/work undertaken seems simplest, but equally 3 letters from one employer will not change wheter you have the experience required or not.

Seems like you're worrying about nothing? Is the real problem that you are trying to get ACS assessment for Project Leader, and although you are with the same company long enough, you are not in the role long enough? Or trying for Sr Software Engineer but your current role is Project Leader?

moneypenny20 Aug 20th 2010 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by jatsfru (Post 8789977)

3) Project Leader.

Why are you making problems and worries for yourself? You have common sense, use it. One letter covering the period of time worked, positions held and for how long. There is more than enough to get worried about during the application process, making issues for yourself is pointless. Yes I know it's easier said than done but 10 minutes using common sense will save hours of unnecessary worry.

DIAC are not out to trick anyone or ask complicated questions. They want facts, honest, straightforward facts.