Wikiposts

need help with TRA - cabinetmaker

Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

The GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really nice
Default need help with TRA - cabinetmaker

Hi has anyone done a tra for cabinet maker, what kind of things do i need to put on it, it is driving me nuts i am writing it like a 5 year old will be reading it but i dont want to miss anything out:unsure
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice
Default Re: need help with TRA - cabinetmaker

Hi, sounds like you are on the right track - it is time consuming but you have to keep on plodding through it. I wrote about specific tasks and tried to be as detailed as possible for each, there was quite a lot of repetition but I did include phrases like " as previously described in section 1".
If you put on safety specs before you use a plane say so - they are big on health and safety in Oz. I also included a list of tools/equipment, wrote about specific jobs which I have completed.
There should be a list somewhere of what is expected of an Australian cabinet maker - the main tasks and duties - might be in the immi website, I found one for plastering and tried to cover most of these. I can email you a snippet of my application if you are interested - won't be till tonight though.
Regards

Last edited by PLASTERERFROMWALES; Jul 9th 2009 at 6:30 pm. Reason: keys full of plaster
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

The GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really niceThe GAP is just really nice

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
Hi, sounds like you are on the right track - it is time consuming but you have to keep on plodding through it. I wrote about specific tasks and tried to be as detailed as possible for each, there was quite a lot of repetition but I did include phrases like " as previously described in section 1".
If you put on safety specs before you use a plane say so - they are big on health and safety in Oz. I also included a list of tools/equipment, wrote about specific jobs which I have completed.
There should be a list somewhere of what is expected of an Australian cabinet maker - the main tasks and duties - might be in the immi website, I found one for plastering and tried to cover most of these. I can email you a snippet of my application if you are interested - won't be till tonight though.
Regards
thats great im on the right track, and yes it a pain but it has to be done, we are already in oz here on a student visa, i have to Nov 09 to get it right but thought it best to start early then i could change it as i go, it will all be worth it when i get my PR
Thanks Mate
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:58 am
Just Joined

GSHL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
Regards

Hi plasterer, could you give me any advice on the process of getting a 175 visa as a solid plasterer? I am in the very early stages of the process and have been told by an agent that i will need to get an australian qualification (aqf 111 i believe ).And then if i am right i will need to be assessed is this the TRA or vetassess ? Then i can apply for visa . Any advice (tips) would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the questions
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Hi, you can get assessed by ACTS australian construction training services, I don't think that they deal with agents so you need to contact them. You might have to google tradetrain to find there uk site- I am on my phone so canlt send a link. They will need to visit you at different worksites to see examples of your work and there will be a fair bit of paperwork to do. You will need to supply references.
Once you have been awarded an aqf3 then you can apply to the tra for assessment. For me this was quite a lot of work as I am self-employed. If you get through that then you can lodge a visa application, we are not on the csl list so not a priority when it comes to processing. My advice would be to start gathering documents now and call acts.
Hope this helps
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks that makes things a little clearer
The agent i spoke with quoted me at £1500 to do the aqf 111 does this sound somewhere near ? Also could you tell me what the TRA assessment consists of.You know how it is you get told your getting assessed and all these thoughts go round your head will i pass or wont i lol. It would be nice to hear from someone first hand like yourself on what it consists of .
Thanks in advance.........
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: need help with TRA - cabinetmakert

That sounds about right for the acts assessment. The tra assessment is paperbased - you send all supporting evidence, references, copies of aqf3 certificate and detailed descriptions of the work you do. Have a look at the application form on the trades recognition australia website, you will find all you need.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

superb thanks very much for the info.