Wikiposts

Need help from nurses please

Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about
Default Need help from nurses please

Hi, Im currently waiting for my skills assessment to be returned from ANMC, NMC here sent them a transcript a while back, but whilst getting everything together ready for the visa application looking at the checklist and evidence required, it says;
• a certified copy of a positive skills assessment issued by a relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation
• certified copies of all the documents you provided to the assessing body including:
o your post-secondary qualifications, such as your degree or diploma certificate and your transcripts or mark sheets

Do i have to get the NMC to send a transcript somewhere else, surely sending the skills assessment is enough as they have seen the transcript and passed me (well, hoping they will)

What did all you other nurses do??

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

sean1811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help from nurses please

hi
my partner is doing this too

u need to send all the document that u provided to the ANMC to the immigration office therefore also asking the NMC to send anotehr copy of the verification to the immigration office. You will have to pay again.

hope this helps n is clear.

Sean
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:48 am
Just Joined

the snospmis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, This is probably a bit late , but the NMC will send up to 5 copies of your nursing transcripts for the £34 fee. We were not sure where in Australia we wanted to go, so I listed 4 of the OZ nursing boards plus the Australian immi. Although you can register with any of the boards I think the area where you will work will also want your transcript. The ANMC will also forward all the documents it you have sent to the nursing board you choose to register with, they will keep them for up to 2 years. ( the details on this arrive with your 'letter of Determination'
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:54 am
Just Joined

the snospmis is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoops, Just checked the letter from the uk NMC You only need to ask them to send your Transcript to the ANMC plus the nursing boards of your choice. I only had to send a copy of my letter of determination to the department of immigration. so don't panic and I hope this helps:
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thebutts
Hi, Im currently waiting for my skills assessment to be returned from ANMC, NMC here sent them a transcript a while back, but whilst getting everything together ready for the visa application looking at the checklist and evidence required, it says;
• a certified copy of a positive skills assessment issued by a relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation
• certified copies of all the documents you provided to the assessing body including:
o your post-secondary qualifications, such as your degree or diploma certificate and your transcripts or mark sheets

Do i have to get the NMC to send a transcript somewhere else, surely sending the skills assessment is enough as they have seen the transcript and passed me (well, hoping they will)

What did all you other nurses do??

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
You should have got the transcript sent to you, then could have made certified copies after that, rather than keep having to go back to the NMC and all the complications that arise from it!

When you get letter of determination, you need to include this along with your main application (certified copy) and also transcript of your nursing education. This may seem daft because you have a letter of determination, so why should they need to see it (the transcript) again? I dont know, but thats the way it is.

Last edited by adiestubbs; Sep 13th 2007 at 3:15 am.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

PS For nurses questions, post in the nurses forum. Will get good response there.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone for your prompt resposes.

Much clearer now, should have known everything would be needed in duplicate, triplicate, quadrupilate...... my nursing school is now closed so NMC had to send transcript and wouldnt send me a copy just asked where i wanted it sending.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebutts
Thanks everyone for your prompt resposes.

Much clearer now, should have known everything would be needed in duplicate, triplicate, quadrupilate...... my nursing school is now closed so NMC had to send transcript and wouldnt send me a copy just asked where i wanted it sending.
Yes, I totally believe that, becasue sending it to you would have been the simplier thing to do.

good luck
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:51 am
Just Joined

lindylui is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
You should have got the transcript sent to you, then could have made certified copies after that, rather than keep having to go back to the NMC and all the complications that arise from it!

When you get letter of determination, you need to include this along with your main application (certified copy) and also transcript of your nursing education. This may seem daft because you have a letter of determination, so why should they need to see it (the transcript) again? I dont know, but thats the way it is.
Not everywhere sends the transcript to the individual, mine from scotland had to go to the NMC i contacted the university but they wouldnt send them to me at all