Need Help With Acs!!!

Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

lbfrancois is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need Help With Acs!!!

Hello,

I want to immigrate to australia under Skilled Independent. I hold the following certifications: MCSE NT4, MCT, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003, CCA, CCI, CCEA, CCSP. I have about 36 certification exams from Citrix and Microsoft on my transcripts. i am 23 years old, and I do not hold a bachelors degree. As I started working when I was 18, I do not have 6 years of experience as required by ACS, group B.

Is there any other way to prove ACS that I am qualified??

Thank you,
L.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help With Acs!!!

Originally Posted by lbfrancois
It's not really about proving to the ACS that you're qualified, it is quite literally about meeting their requirements. You might have 100 qualifications but if those quals are not on their list, you don't get a pass
If you have all those certs though, then you'll have no problem on that front but without a degree you will need to clock up the 6 years experience. Going by your age, you can't be far awa from meeting that requirement?
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:29 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
It's not really about proving to the ACS that you're qualified, it is quite literally about meeting their requirements. You might have 100 qualifications but if those quals are not on their list, you don't get a pass
If you have all those certs though, then you'll have no problem on that front but without a degree you will need to clock up the 6 years experience. Going by your age, you can't be far awa from meeting that requirement?
wmoore is quite right about the meeting their requirements part.

I would add that the 6 years of IT experience required by the ACS should be at a sufficiently professional/skilled level. Many people fall flat on their faces on this point, and get into a bit of a mess because they produce evidence that don't meet the ACS' expectations by a long shot.

Peter
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

lbfrancois is an unknown quantity at this point

by the end of 2005, I will have the 6 years of experience needed. But the first company I worked has changed the whole staff during the years that followed since I left the company. The new employees wont give me a reference letter because they havent worked with me. Without it, I would not be able to prove the 6 years... Is there a way to prove that I have worked for this company without providing a reference letter? I have business cards and I can even get a letter from my old manager, but it would not be on company paper, as he is not working there anymore...

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by lbfrancois; Jan 5th 2005 at 3:25 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

JonEthan is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest getting a reference letter from your old manager stating what kind of work you did when you were still working in the same company. Being your direct superior, it would be good if he can do detailed description of your role. Then get a supporting letter, sort of an employment certificate, from the company stating your job title and the period you worked there, just to prove that you were really employed.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:57 am
Banned

Migration Agent is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear L.

As a migration agent I can advise you that you wont be successful until you have the work experience - do you have a spouse or defacto who you can apply for migration through?

[email protected]

Originally Posted by lbfrancois
Hello,

I want to immigrate to australia under Skilled Independent. I hold the following certifications: MCSE NT4, MCT, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003, CCA, CCI, CCEA, CCSP. I have about 36 certification exams from Citrix and Microsoft on my transcripts. i am 23 years old, and I do not hold a bachelors degree. As I started working when I was 18, I do not have 6 years of experience as required by ACS, group B.

Thank you,
L.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonEthan
I suggest getting a reference letter from your old manager stating what kind of work you did when you were still working in the same company. Being your direct superior, it would be good if he can do detailed description of your role. Then get a supporting letter, sort of an employment certificate, from the company stating your job title and the period you worked there, just to prove that you were really employed.
For an ACS assessment he doesn't just have to prove he was employed, but employed in a *professional* IT capacity for the relevant period (6 years if Group B or RPL).

Jeremy