Need a clarification

Old Mar 15th 2015, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

samans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need a clarification

Hi,
Please kindly answer the following concerns.
1. I was considering to apply for subclass 489 as software engineer rather than subclass 189, because I have only scored 6 for each in IELTS and I'm not planning to do IELTS again. Is it a good approach ?

2. What are the disadvantages of going for subclass 489 ?

3. In case, my occupation is removed after I applied to the sub class 489, will it be a problem to get the PR through (after completing the requirements) that sub class ?

4. In case if they close the subclass 489 after I got the visa and went to Australia, then will it be a problem for me to get PR through it ?

5. Is there any difference in points offered for subclass 489 and 189 ?

Please help me regarding these questions. Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 6:36 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a clarification

Originally Posted by samans
Hi,
Please kindly answer the following concerns.
1. I was considering to apply for subclass 489 as software engineer rather than subclass 189, because I have only scored 6 for each in IELTS and I'm not planning to do IELTS again. Is it a good approach ?

2. What are the disadvantages of going for subclass 489 ?

3. In case, my occupation is removed after I applied to the sub class 489, will it be a problem to get the PR through (after completing the requirements) that sub class ?

4. In case if they close the subclass 489 after I got the visa and went to Australia, then will it be a problem for me to get PR through it ?

5. Is there any difference in points offered for subclass 489 and 189 ?

Please help me regarding these questions. Thank you in advance.
If you go for the 489 (and I would only do this if you do not have enough points for 189 or 190) then you will have restrictions on where you can live and work. There have been posts on here that it is harder to find work on the 489 visa, and if you are in a 'rationed' occupation (one subject to pro-rata arrangements for visa invitations) you may find it harder to get an invitation. You need at least 60 points to go for 189 or any visa, but 190 will give you an additional 5 points on your own total, and the 489 an additional 10 points.

If you meet the requirements of the 489, you can apply for the 887 PR visa which does not require an occupation on the CSOL at that time, as you met that requirement to get the 489.

489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

887 - Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
Old Mar 15th 2015, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

samans is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. My concern is that if they Remove software engineer from skill list before (in 2015 list) I can pass the ielts then I'm done. So that's why I have decided to act fast with my current marks.
At the moment I heard that status is not good for software enginees. can I give any suggestions ?
Old Mar 16th 2015, 5:27 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samans
Thanks for the reply. My concern is that if they Remove software engineer from skill list before (in 2015 list) I can pass the ielts then I'm done. So that's why I have decided to act fast with my current marks.
At the moment I heard that status is not good for software enginees. can I give any suggestions ?
I checked your ANZSCO code, and your occupation group is subject to pro-rata arrangements. Invitations are issued to 189 visa applicants first. I don't know if you can get sponsorship from a state or territory though. If you can, these invitations are issued separately. Your only other option will be to take classes to help you with your IELTS score. as 189 invitations have been issued to 60 point EOI's in recent rounds
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

naush123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi.. any idea if i am under occupation Life Scientist (NEC) or general. I have a PhD and my department was dept of Pathology at Cambridge although my work was on cancer and stem cell biology. I am looking for state sponsored category. kindly help .
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naush123
hi.. any idea if i am under occupation Life Scientist (NEC) or general. I have a PhD and my department was dept of Pathology at Cambridge although my work was on cancer and stem cell biology. I am looking for state sponsored category. kindly help .
You need to read up the occupation description and you are the best placed person to determine the answer.

That is a pretty specific question and unless there is somebody that has done exactly the same as you (and I don't think any of the regular posters have unfortunately) you are not likely to find an answer on a forum.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

naush123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Description in both are pretty much same. Only things that are different are few occupations mentioned in the list like pharmacology and toxicology etc under NEC. My dept was pathology and I worked first in cancer and now protein work. Not sure what to do.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 11:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Description in both are pretty much same. Only things that are different are few occupations mentioned in the list like pharmacology and toxicology etc under NEC. My dept was pathology and I worked first in cancer and now protein work. Not sure what to do.
You may need to consult a registered agent.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Well your options as I see them are as follows. 1) Keep posting the question and maybe one day someone on BE will pop up with same background and be able to help you out. 2) Consult a migrwtion agent. 3) Just appply to vetassess for a skils assessment and see what happens, possibly they will choose the one most suitable?

I would be quite tempted to try the third option, in your shoes.