Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Need certified copies of passport/marriage certificate Harrogate

Wikiposts

Need certified copies of passport/marriage certificate Harrogate

Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:28 am
Just Joined

danielleleeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need certified copies of passport/marriage certificate Harrogate

Hi sorry if there already is a thread about this- have looked and found a very old one (2002) so i thought someone might have new information. I am looking to find someone to make certified copies for my husbands application. I am originally from Oz and have had them done in the past at uni but that doesnt seem to be how it happens in the uk? Does anyone know where I can go
Thanks Danielle
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need certified copies of passport/marriage certificate Harrogate

Originally Posted by danielleleeds
Hi sorry if there already is a thread about this- have looked and found a very old one (2002) so i thought someone might have new information. I am looking to find someone to make certified copies for my husbands application. I am originally from Oz and have had them done in the past at uni but that doesnt seem to be how it happens in the uk? Does anyone know where I can go
Thanks Danielle
Notary Publics can certify copies - try google. I think Mara registered agents can too but not 100%. I used a notary for all my copies and cost around £70
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Gosh thats alot- was that each or all documents- I know someone who works as a magistrate do you think she would have the power to do it?
Danielle
Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh thats alot- was that each or all documents- I know someone who works as a magistrate do you think she would have the power to do it?
Danielle
The £70 was for the lot

I'm not sure if magistrates can do it - I found a list somewhere but not sure where - sorry
Old Oct 8th 2012, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Lol, thanks I have done many searches for JPs but there doest seem to be lots of people who do it in the Uk. Will search for notary publics it might give me more results.
Danielle
Old Oct 8th 2012, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Found this for anyone else in my situation
http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/
Old Oct 8th 2012, 3:10 am

Lol, thanks I have done many searches for JPs but there doest seem to be lots of people who do it in the Uk. Will search for notary publics it might give me more results.
Danielle
I'm sure there'll be a few more answers around soon - maybe someone knows if you can use your magistrate friend before you spend any money

Anyway welcome to BE and good luck with the app
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The £70 was for the lot

I'm not sure if magistrates can do it - I found a list somewhere but not sure where - sorry
Yes a magistrate can ceritfy copies.
If you have trouble finding JPs, ring your local Magistrates Court, they should be able to help.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I got documents certified at a local solicitors for 5 pounds!
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

And they were accepted for the Visa..
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:39 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I got documents certified at a local solicitors for 5 pounds!
That's what I did too - it was £5 per document for me and it was only 3 or 4 things so it wasn't exhorbitant.

One solicitor actually refused to do a certified copy of my birth certificate saying that it was a copy of the register and therefore you can't do a certified copy of a copy and gave me a stern lecture on the subject. I went practically next door to another firm, who said that the other woman was talking out her bottom and that it was perfectly legal to do certified copies of birth certificates! An irrelevant story but, that's me!

I did go into the magistrates court first and they court officer was shocked that I would bother a magistrate with such a trivial matter- so I realised that avenue was pretty much closed to me!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Is it still possible to get your bank to do it? Ours did it for free but it was a few years ago.