Wikiposts

Need advice on Tax return documents.

Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

engr_kiiuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice on Tax return documents.

I am working in my company for last two years. My salary is over the range of tax free. But i thought that my salary is in tax free limit. But i was wrong. I also thought that if i need to pay the taxes then the accounts department will tell me or they are paying the taxes. But last week i found that i am over the tax free limit and neither my company paid any taxes for me. I talked with a tax lawyer. He said me that i dont need to show the actual salary. He said that he will show less salary and make me in the tax free limit. He asked me to get a less salary statement from my company and the accounts department also agreed as some high salary employees do that to reduce their taxes. If i dont want that and show my actual salary, then i have to pay a large fine and have to go through a critical official procedure as i didnt paid any government tax and all these will be displayed in my tax return documents which i have to submit to DIAC later. If i submit that tax return docs showing fine of not paying the taxes in last two year, isnt it makes a bad impression on my application and isnt it be a offense? If i make a tax documents showing less salary then it may also be a fraud case as my bank statement will show the actual. Please advice me on this critical issue. I need your help.

Rigards,
Rifat.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need advice on Tax return documents.

If I were you, I would make everything consistent. Tell exactly what your other document is showing just in case the CO asks for it. For example, if you submitted the tax documents ( showing you lowered the salary ) and then the CO requested a bank statement ( showing the actual paid), you are screwed. You might be questioned about that and might lead to more document requests.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

So do u think that i should make my tax return as according to actual?
Isnt it make a bad impression that i didnt payed taxes in last two years?
Doesnt it make him suspicious on my full time job?

I request all the forum member to give their comments.

Regards,
Rifat.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

angati is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by engr_kiiuk
So do u think that i should make my tax return as according to actual?
Isnt it make a bad impression that i didnt payed taxes in last two years?
Doesnt it make him suspicious on my full time job?

I request all the forum member to give their comments.

Regards,
Rifat.
you can do one thing...as u said ur company can help
u out with the salary slips ask them to provide a letter saying that
they were supposed to auto sumit the taxes n missed out due to some reason (new rules...) n you were not informed abt it...n had to pay the taxes late..

i understand looks odd but can put things on track...

or as the tax limits have been revised this financial year u could tell DAIC you were not sure of the limit ..and paid the taxes as soon as the TAX department asked for...
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:02 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by engr_kiiuk
I am working in my company for last two years. My salary is over the range of tax free. But i thought that my salary is in tax free limit. But i was wrong. I also thought that if i need to pay the taxes then the accounts department will tell me or they are paying the taxes. But last week i found that i am over the tax free limit and neither my company paid any taxes for me. I talked with a tax lawyer. He said me that i dont need to show the actual salary. He said that he will show less salary and make me in the tax free limit. He asked me to get a less salary statement from my company and the accounts department also agreed as some high salary employees do that to reduce their taxes. If i dont want that and show my actual salary, then i have to pay a large fine and have to go through a critical official procedure as i didnt paid any government tax and all these will be displayed in my tax return documents which i have to submit to DIAC later. If i submit that tax return docs showing fine of not paying the taxes in last two year, isnt it makes a bad impression on my application and isnt it be a offense? If i make a tax documents showing less salary then it may also be a fraud case as my bank statement will show the actual. Please advice me on this critical issue. I need your help.

Rigards,
Rifat.
I don't understand where the dilemma is here. You didn't pay your taxes and you are asking whether you should send a fraudulent document or tell the truth on your application. What do YOU think you should do?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Angati for your idea.

Dear Dorothi,

My concerned is that as i didnt payed my last two year taxes, wont be an offense and make a negetive impression on my application?
Also the tax documents are sought to prove the full time employment. Won't it make the CO suspicious about my work experience as i m already from high risk country.

Anyone have any ideas please comment.

Regards,
Rifat.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You mention in your first post that you did not pay tax as an oversight, so presumably you do not mind bringing things up to date and can explain the oversight. Why don't you sort out your tax matters, pay what you owe and then you can submit genuine and consistent documents and do not have this worry hanging over you.

I personally think, yes, inconsistent information would result in extra scrutiny and suspicion around your application. I also think that the CO would take a dim view of somebody who has not paid taxes they owe, Australia presumably does not want immigrants to come along and evade taxes. But I have no idea if that would actually effect your application or not.