Names Mis-spelt on Acknowledgement Letter

Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

cool_archie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Names Mis-spelt on Acknowledgement Letter

Hello Everybody,
I received my Acknowledgement letter for my SI BN Class 136 visa last week but on the letter DIMIA has Mis-spelt my First Name as well as Last Name. Will this cause a problem for me later, should I write to DIMIA about the error or is it OK not to. Please advise.
Regards.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Names Mis-spelt on Acknowledgement Letter

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello Everybody,
I received my Acknowledgement letter for my SI BN Class 136 visa last week but on the letter DIMIA has Mis-spelt my First Name as well as Last Name. Will this cause a problem for me later, should I write to DIMIA about the error or is it OK not to. Please advise.
Regards.

I would say YES and include a copy of your passport or birth certificate again which clearly shows your name Better to be SAFE than sorry
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Chensa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello Everybody,
Regards.
HI,
We didn't received the ack letter so we emailed dimia and they respond that the ack was sent already but they had our address wrong, because of a typo. We emailed again and asked whether we need to fill a form in order to change the address and they respond that the error will be corrected no need to send a form.
The email correspondence was very quick and efficient.
Good Luck...
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chensa
HI,
We didn't received the ack letter so we emailed dimia and they respond that the ack was sent already but they had our address wrong, because of a typo. We emailed again and asked whether we need to fill a form in order to change the address and they respond that the error will be corrected no need to send a form.
The email correspondence was very quick and efficient.
Good Luck...
Totally agree.
No need to panic.

Our dates of birth were wrong on the Ack. letter. A simple email recieved a speedy response and an apology.
just email your case officer.

G