Wikiposts

NAB slammed in $22.7m visa fraud

Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Innocent_Indian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NAB slammed in $22.7m visa fraud

Hi George,

Sorry about that. We will stop now onwards.
Talk to you soon tomorrow.
Thanks alot for your reply.

Regards,
II
Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear BLIMF, II, etc,

Please try to call my office on 02-97990085 to discuss this and FWIW I don't think you should be commenting like this on a public forum.

One question I will be asking you is how the interest from the statutory deposit was paid to you.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:01 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharmagaurav2k
<<<content removed at request of original poster>>>
Hi Sharma,

I spent half of today trying to explain to people in this situation what's at stake and what might be the outcomes. I'd recommend that you get independent advice. If the Department can make political capital out of this it won't care about your situation. There are simple steps you can take now to protect yourselves.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Last edited by Pollyana; May 11th 2011 at 2:26 am. Reason: content of quote removed at request of original poster
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George !!
i'm in melbourne .... how can i get in touch with you ?
Regards
Gaurav
At the foot of George's posts you will see a link to his website, where you will find all his contact details. Alternatively you can send him an email via the forum by clicking on his username and then on the email option.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:17 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: NAB slammed in $22.7m visa fraud

Luckily for you Kevin Andrews will not be anywhere near this as the Coalition has lost the election.

This may sound a bit unkind but here are my thoughts, this looks to me like white collar people smuggling. An illegal payment has been taken to secure entry into Australia, if you had paid $22,000 to get on a boat with the assurance that it would be OK when you got to Darwin what would you expect the government response to be? Just because this is a new variation on a crime doesnt mean that it should be treated any less harshly as it is still the same crime. DIAC play God all the time, its what they do.

As I understand it (only from media reports) NAB never recieved the paperwork so presumably the victims didnt get official confirmation from the NAB that the loan had been approved but were happily paying repayments anyway, and the deal was a little to good to be true [$100,000 dollar loan, on no security]. You get nothing for nothing in this world and in my opinion you should have smelled a rat (and maybe did) but didnt want to dig to find the truth as it has gotten you a Permanent visa to Australia.

The victims have been conned and I feel bad for them but they have to bear some of the responsibility for this situation; as an old English expression goes, you can't con an honest man.

A lot of the recent regulation changes ie removal of pathway D and $100,000 investment bond seem to be directed squarely at combating immigration fraud from the sub continent. This fraud is therefore impacting on ALL applicants, DIAC needs to show that the laws will be enforced if you are caught otherwise there is no reason not to try to defraud the system.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 11th 2011 at 2:27 am. Reason: content of quote removed at request of original poster
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

point8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can clearly jot down the "wrong doing" part if someone is really asking for it.
The source.

It will be nice if you do not SHOUT at people and also not comment at the court and the Judge's doing. Lack of respect to the law is not advisable.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 11th 2011 at 2:27 am. Reason: <<<content of quote removed at request of original poster>>>
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Stop shouting. I'm not going to pass judgement, but facts are facts

If the money that was paid for the Govt Bond was obtained fraudulently [and it may not matter if the person thought it was all legal and above board] from an Australian Financial Institution then I would imagine the visa status of anyone who did this could be in severe jeopardy. NAB will not take this lying down they will spend a lot of time and money to get their funds back and do not have 1 iota of interest if 200+ people lose their visas over it.

Take George's advice :
1) Shut up and don't talk about it.
2) Contact George Lombard [or to be fair another person who can assist].

Let me make this very clear - if you are one of people affected you could possibly be looking at detention and deportation. So if you want to try and salvage something out of this take the advice. Bleating about in on a forum to a bunch of people who have also spent time and lots of money to come to Australia will not get you much sympathy.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 11th 2011 at 2:28 am. Reason: <<<content of quote removed at request of original poster>>>
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be advisable for me to close this thread. The advice from a respected agent has been that anyone involved in this should contact an agent and get advice as soon as possible.
Anyone affected needs to get professional advice, as a priority, and should avoid posting too many details of their personal situation on here.
The forum is not going to be able to provide advice on this, and those agents involved in trying to sort out the situation will not be posting the details on here as this is a public forum.