MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:58 pm
  #46  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
OzTennis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7,949
OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Now that I've had time to digest all that and check with the forms we have I'll make some further comments.

Just a small point for anyone else's information (applying from Scotland).

"For the police check here is the link for the form you need - http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp"

This website provides documents for police checks in England, Wales and Northern Ireland only. We live in Scotland so I contacted our local constabulary and they directed me to their website, I looked under Freedom of Information then Data Protection and the forms required for anyone in Scotland are called SA1. N.B. ACRO charges £35 in E, W and NI for a bog standard certificate, all forces in Scotland charge £10. Only thing is it is provided in 10 working days for the former, the SA1 says that the law stipulates that it has to be provided in 40 days!! I hope it all won't be held up by the police dragging their feet on this one.

"We just got two aussies (husband and wife) thast we knew to complete an 888 each. They have pretty standard non-approved occupations.
We then also had about five non-Oz mates, and parents complete a stat dec, each (which wasn't subsequently certified). We also provided our own stat decs which were approx 3 pages of A4 each (!)"

Yep, I'm clearer on this now. Basically any Australian citizen who knows you fills this in and like the other documents it has to be certified by a prescribed person on the approved list - JP, MP, lawyer, schoolteacher etc. Presumably you just get the prescribed person who certifies your other docs to do so with the 888's?

There seems to be a bit of confusion on whether every document has to be certified or just the main ones (eg is there any point getting a gas bill or a bank statement certified? passport, wedding and birth certificates etc obviously but all?)

"Our local solicitor just stamped each photocopy with a stamp they had and then scribbled a sig. beside each one. Each stamp/sig cost us a fiver. No appointment necessary."
We've got over 50 docs assembled to go with 40SP and 47SP and I don't fancy paying a lawyer/solicitor £5 a pop!)

Likewise there's confusion on whether Form 80 is needed - best bet though is to fill it in and submit it.

"My OH was only asked for her passport after her visa was granted. It was returned less than four days later with the visa inside."

Good news, as I said she will need her passport while the application is being processed.

Thanks again for the help, no doubt other questions will crop up between now and getting the visa!

OzTennis
OzTennis is offline  
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:33 pm
  #47  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 41
medon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Oh I'm in Scotland too and I just used the ACPO form - I did check on the immi.gov.au website information page and it said that they were for all of the UK. I hope that it's fine! I haven't put my application in yet... Were you told with absolute certainty to do it through the Socttish one?

.....

I have just looked up form 47p again (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf) and it says use ACPO for all of England, Scotland, Wales, Channels Islands & Northern Ireland so I think I'm fine..

I don't know where in Scotland you are but I'm in Edinburgh and I got all my documents certified by a Justice of the Peace for free - here is a link to the website where I found my local JP : http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/locatio...ex.asp?crt=edi
I also spoke to a local solicitor and they would have done it all for a one off payment of £75, though I didn't have as many documents as you so the price may go up when you get to 50 documents!
medon is offline  
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:20 pm
  #48  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
OzTennis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7,949
OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by medon View Post
Oh I'm in Scotland too and I just used the ACPO form - I did check on the immi.gov.au website information page and it said that they were for all of the UK. I hope that it's fine! I haven't put my application in yet... Were you told with absolute certainty to do it through the Socttish one?

.....

I have just looked up form 47p again (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf) and it says use ACPO for all of England, Scotland, Wales, Channels Islands & Northern Ireland so I think I'm fine..

I don't know where in Scotland you are but I'm in Edinburgh and I got all my documents certified by a Justice of the Peace for free - here is a link to the website where I found my local JP : http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/locatio...ex.asp?crt=edi
I also spoke to a local solicitor and they would have done it all for a one off payment of £75, though I didn't have as many documents as you so the price may go up when you get to 50 documents!
Confusion now! The website I initially went to:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Says Association of Chief Police Officers - England, Wales and Northern Ireland in the top right hand corner. No-one from the Australian authorities told me this wouldn't be acceptable for someone living in Scotland, just on seeing it didn't mention Scotland I then went to my local constabulary website which is Dumfries and Galloway incidentally. As said I eventually found form SA1. If you Google 'police clearances Scotland' 'police certificate Scotland' and the like you'll see Central, Strathclyde etc also have form SA1.

I've just looked at Form 47P and you are quite right, it says UK applicants, including Scotland go through ACPO to get the Police Certificate (perhaps DIAC doesn't know that Scottish law, policing, education and so on is different to the rest of the UK?).

I just tried phoning ACPO but they're closed! If 47P says go through ACPO then that must be the acceptable way to go. Can any other Scottish applicants comment? It may well be that ACPO, behind the scenes, forward it to your local constabulary but eventually issue the certificate? I'm happier with the quicker processing time anyway.

Thanks for the link re JP's. We've got a solicitor friend. I'm first going to ask her whether she would be able to do the certification in an unpaid capacity. Failing that I'll use a local JP.

Thanks for your help.

OzTennis
OzTennis is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:31 am
  #49  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
OzTennis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7,949
OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by medon View Post
Oh I'm in Scotland too and I just used the ACPO form - I did check on the immi.gov.au website information page and it said that they were for all of the UK. I hope that it's fine! I haven't put my application in yet... Were you told with absolute certainty to do it through the Socttish one?

.....

I have just looked up form 47p again (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf) and it says use ACPO for all of England, Scotland, Wales, Channels Islands & Northern Ireland so I think I'm fine..

I don't know where in Scotland you are but I'm in Edinburgh and I got all my documents certified by a Justice of the Peace for free - here is a link to the website where I found my local JP : http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/locatio...ex.asp?crt=edi
I also spoke to a local solicitor and they would have done it all for a one off payment of £75, though I didn't have as many documents as you so the price may go up when you get to 50 documents!
ACPO have advised me today that their website is misleading, they DO Police Certificates for ALL of the UK and Scottish form SA1 does NOT suffice for this purpose.

OzTennis
OzTennis is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:41 am
  #50  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 238
spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Got our visa today after a brief telephone interview. Submission was sent on the 5th July and we got asked for a bit more information around the 20th July...

A remarkably easy process as long as you are OK at filling forms in and have kept sufficient evidence of your relationship..
spilko is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:20 pm
  #51  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 41
medon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis View Post
ACPO have advised me today that their website is misleading, they DO Police Certificates for ALL of the UK and Scottish form SA1 does NOT suffice for this purpose.

OzTennis
Phew! That's a relief! Wonder why form SA1 wouldn't suffice though?

Well I think I may almost be ready to submit my application... just waiting on two documents which should (fingers crossed!) already be on their way to me!

Thanks for putting my mind at rest!
medon is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:54 pm
  #52  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
OzTennis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7,949
OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by spilko View Post
Got our visa today after a brief telephone interview. Submission was sent on the 5th July and we got asked for a bit more information around the 20th July...

A remarkably easy process as long as you are OK at filling forms in and have kept sufficient evidence of your relationship..
Congratulations and good to see the short timeframe. The forms and evidence required is daunting but as you say if you can fill in forms, have all the evidence and documentation and get excellent help from this forum then it is possible.

Did you get meds and police clearance completed first?

OzTennis
OzTennis is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:57 pm
  #53  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
OzTennis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7,949
OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by medon View Post
Phew! That's a relief! Wonder why form SA1 wouldn't suffice though?

Well I think I may almost be ready to submit my application... just waiting on two documents which should (fingers crossed!) already be on their way to me!

Thanks for putting my mind at rest!
No worries, here's what they said:

"It is a Police Certificate you need rather than a Form SA1.

The website is slightly misleading as we do issue Certificates for the whole of the UK.

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us"

(no reason given on the SA1)

Good luck with your application.

OzTennis
OzTennis is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:05 pm
  #54  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 238
spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis View Post
Congratulations and good to see the short timeframe. The forms and evidence required is daunting but as you say if you can fill in forms, have all the evidence and documentation and get excellent help from this forum then it is possible.

Did you get meds and police clearance completed first?

OzTennis
Hi Oz,

Yes I had got the Police Clearance and Meds before the application. I definitely recommend this. My police certificate came through in a couple of weeks which seemed very quick.

Also make sure it the application is laid out and indexed very clearly, (similar to the example given earlier in this thread).


Good luck..

Steve
spilko is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:56 pm
  #55  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
OzTennis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7,949
OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by spilko View Post
Hi Oz,

Yes I had got the Police Clearance and Meds before the application. I definitely recommend this. My police certificate came through in a couple of weeks which seemed very quick.

Also make sure it the application is laid out and indexed very clearly, (similar to the example given earlier in this thread).


Good luck..

Steve
Steve,

Yes, we're going to do the same now I've got the appropriate forms (police certificate, 26 and 160) and have the details of our panel doctor and radiology (Carlisle's our nearest; Glasgow and Edinburgh are further away from where we are in SW Scotland).

The template provided earlier was very helpful and co-incidentally we'd done a similar thing although the template gave us some ideas for extra things to add we hadn't thought about. We've also numbered all the documents and provided an appendix with a list of them.

The jury seems to be out on photos as evidence - some say don't bother, others provide heaps. In our case I think the documentary evidence speaks for itself and I don't think photos are necessary. Has anyone incidentally put photos on a CD or DVD and included this with the application or would it just be thrown out or not looked at?

Geoff
OzTennis is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:08 am
  #56  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 238
spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

We had included a lot of evidence of ourselves on holiday together (flight details, hotel bookings etc) as we didn't have much joint financial evidence (because all household items are paid by direct debit from my old account). We therefore also included copies of photos printed from the PC showing us together at various holiday destinations, with family etc. However, I don't think this is really necessary and I certainly would not send photos on photo paper (7 x 5 or 8 x 6).

My opinion is that, if you have a lot of evidence of living at the same address for > 12 months, whether this be joint items (joint bank accounts, credit cards etc), or individual items going back 12 months from recognised bodies (HM customs, NHS, Inland Revenue etc) then you don't need photos.

The additional information we were asked for was to show that we had both lived at the same address for the last 12 months. With the original application we had submitted evidence that we had recently teken on joint financial responsibilities, but it only went back a few months. We therefore then submitted additional items showing that it was recognised by banks, inland revenue etc that we were individually resident here for greater than 12 months.

Originally Posted by OzTennis View Post
Steve,

Yes, we're going to do the same now I've got the appropriate forms (police certificate, 26 and 160) and have the details of our panel doctor and radiology (Carlisle's our nearest; Glasgow and Edinburgh are further away from where we are in SW Scotland).

The template provided earlier was very helpful and co-incidentally we'd done a similar thing although the template gave us some ideas for extra things to add we hadn't thought about. We've also numbered all the documents and provided an appendix with a list of them.

The jury seems to be out on photos as evidence - some say don't bother, others provide heaps. In our case I think the documentary evidence speaks for itself and I don't think photos are necessary. Has anyone incidentally put photos on a CD or DVD and included this with the application or would it just be thrown out or not looked at?

Geoff
spilko is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:40 pm
  #57  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35
seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis View Post
Steve,

Yes, we're going to do the same now I've got the appropriate forms (police certificate, 26 and 160) and have the details of our panel doctor and radiology (Carlisle's our nearest; Glasgow and Edinburgh are further away from where we are in SW Scotland).

The template provided earlier was very helpful and co-incidentally we'd done a similar thing although the template gave us some ideas for extra things to add we hadn't thought about. We've also numbered all the documents and provided an appendix with a list of them.

The jury seems to be out on photos as evidence - some say don't bother, others provide heaps. In our case I think the documentary evidence speaks for itself and I don't think photos are necessary. Has anyone incidentally put photos on a CD or DVD and included this with the application or would it just be thrown out or not looked at?

Geoff
I submitted my spouse visa ( 100 ) application on the 7th July and it was granted two days later . I provided photocopies of lots of photos and wrote a brief description (and date) beside each. I 'm not sure about a CD/DVD.
seansuperhoop is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:29 pm
  #58  
From Wexford to Sydney
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Sheilaxxx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by FrancesandMatt View Post
Has any one got experience of going into au on a 3 month holiday visa,
then lodging application once in the country? ( ive already used up my working visa)

as im sure a medical there would not be nearly as much, I have a one way ticket, and im worried that if i take this option they wont let me in the country, claimed that im entering under false pretenses.

any body taken this route?
i would be really interested in any replies to this. is it possible to take this route
Sheilaxxx is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:27 am
  #59  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
holy-devil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Originally Posted by MelbourneCityRach View Post
Here you are then! and I'm sure it's coming any day now bernieboy

If this is useful to anyone, please note that it does NOT include Form 80 which it absolutely should have done as it was an absolute nightmare to fill in and I wish we'd done it before submitting!!!!

************************************************** ***************

XX JUNE 2008


Dear Case Officer,


Re: APPLICATION FOR TEMPORARY SPOUSE VISA SUBCLASS 309



Please find enclosed an application for Spouse Visa (Subclass 309) for myself, (applicant). I, (applicant), intend to be sponsored by my de facto life partner, (sponsor). (sponsor) is an Australian Citizen.


Our application is divided into five parts. Our application includes the following:


Section One: Our Application

Completed form 47SP

Completed form 40SP

Signed statement by (the applicant)

Signed statement by (the sponsor)

Certified identification documents from(the applicant)

Certified identification documents from (the sponsor)

4 x passport photos of (the applicant)

2 x passport photos of (the sponsor)


Section Two: The Financial Aspects of Our Relationship

Joint statement detailing how we intend to share our finances in Australia

Joint statement outlining the way in which we share household expenses

Letter from sponsor’s employer confirming the salary of the sponsor

Joint bank account details

Joint insurance documents

Joint payment of car club membership

Last will of (the applicant)

Last will of (the sponsor)


Section Three: The Nature of Our Household

Statement outlining the way in which household chores are divided

Lease agreement for the period may 2006 – present

Joint rent receipts for the period may 2006 – present

Correspondence addressed to both the applicant and the sponsor at the same address

Details of shared holidays taken together


Section Four: The Social Context of Our Relationship

Declarations from family and friends, inclusive of two statutory declarations form Australian citizens

Joint invitations to social engagements in both names

Joint Christmas and other occasion cards in both names

Except from the sponsors employers hr file naming the applicant as the next of kin

Evidence of joint holidays

Emails & correspondence from friends and family evidencing shared plans with us as a partnership


Section Five: The Nature of Our Commitment to Each Other

A joint statement outlining the nature of our commitment to each other and our plans for the future

Phone bills evidencing the frequency of our contact over time

Emails and correspondence from September 2005 to present from ourselves and others referencing our relationship

Photographic evidence from September 2005 to present



Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information – We are more than happy to provide any evidence you require as far as we are able.


We are also very willing to attend an interview should this be necessary.


Please do not hesitate to contact either of us, by phone or email, should you require anything further whatsoever.

We appreciate you reviewing our application, and look forward to hearing from you.


Yours Sincerely,
Congrats Rach, great news! your checklist is a life-saver for me, I have been struggling with this app for a while...

Needed a quick favor...Would it be possible for your to share some draft wordings (without personal information, ofcourse) for the joint statements on Finances, Household, Nature of Committment etc...I've been trying to make a headway in drafting these...if I could get a sample, it would really help...

Thanks a ton in anticipation...would really appreciate your help :-)

Regards, Sakshee
holy-devil is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.