MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MY TURN- SPOUSE VISA SUCCESS!!!

Hey - that price is about what my OH paid for London meds, although it seems a long time to wait. I have read on here that other people have shopped about the country for cheaper med prices, even with the cost of a train ticket it turned out to be better value.

They may be a little cheaper in Aus, but probably only by £50 and is that money really worth the risk and stress?

On form 80 - it's another little trap really- on the Australia House website, it says not to do one unless asked - but it is LONG and it seems most people are asked, so grab it from the immi.gov.au site and fill it in with the rest of your app regardless. It's here, bottom of the page:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/appl...forms_num1.htm
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

medon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've been looking at the form 80 but there are questions like date of arrival, period of time permitted to remain in australia as authorised on arrival, type of visa, visa number, place of issue etc etc and obviously as I've not even submitted an application I cannot answer these questions - are you sure you are able to fill in this form before submitting application as well as getting a police check? And if so, how would I answer these questions?

Many thanks,

Marianne
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough

Hi - think those questions are for if you've been to Australia before - it should say that on the question though!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Hi, thats really fast. Can I ask, are you married and is your partner skilled? Also did you have to go for an interview??

I submitted our application (my partner is Australian) on the 5th July and have included Police checks. form 80 etc. I also indexed it all and supplied pretty much what you did. Here's hoping I am aslucky as you...

For others who have asked, I had it confirmed by the Aus embassy that when applying in London a form 80 needs to be supplied and it is advisable to get the police and health checks done in advance...

Steve

Originally Posted by MelbourneCityRach
After a very fraught process we have success!! Such a relief, me and the fella are booking his flights tonight!

Our CO was brilliant - really fast. Timeline for anyone interested:

Submitted 14th June
Asked for form 80 18th June
Submitted form 80 2nd July
Visa granted TODAY!

We had a difficult app in terms of there being a conviction on OH's record, and we don't share any bills or anything, but it was all ok in the end so be reassured those in similar circumstances.

Rainydaze, I know you submitted at the same time as me - hope you hear soon!

Will post up our cover letter for anyone that would like a template soon - for now, there's champagne to drink! I can't wait to go home!!

Rach
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Just fill it in as best you can. If you can't answer one just include a note stating why you cant answer the question. You do have to submit the form filled in to the best of your knwledge.

Originally Posted by medon
Hi,

I've been looking at the form 80 but there are questions like date of arrival, period of time permitted to remain in australia as authorised on arrival, type of visa, visa number, place of issue etc etc and obviously as I've not even submitted an application I cannot answer these questions - are you sure you are able to fill in this form before submitting application as well as getting a police check? And if so, how would I answer these questions?

Many thanks,

Marianne
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

FrancesandMatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Is everyone submitting photos in their application? Its seems so irrelevant... How much of my life do I have to share? argh! :curse:
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think you're meant to. I've read a few times (possibly on this site) that people have had their photos sent straight back to them. I've never come across anything that that asks for them.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Oh YAY! Its just an extra headache... sifting through photos..
Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I feel I should point out that I have not been through the process yet - I am still at the putting application together stage.... So you may want to get confirmation from someone who has already had the visa granted already before getting too excited! But as far as I'm concerned, I'm not putting any of that sort of stuff in.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

The thing is I already hold a spouse visa for the UK. We've been through the whole process of proving our relationship together for 2 years previously and we never had to submit photos.., its got to stand for something that we've already done this and proved to the UK government our relationship status.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah you'd think that would count for something - being 'approved' by the UK! I thought that it would be much easier applying for the Australian one than the UK as from a quick look at both I noticed you had to have been living together for 2 years for the UK one and only 1 year for the Australian one - but I keep seeing people who say it was much, much easier to apply for the UK one... however I think getting my partner to stay for another Winter in Scotland would have been the hardest part! How was the UK application process? We may end up going through that process at some point too!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

The UK application process was a dream for us in comparison to the Australian Visa. We just needed evidence of our relationship for the past 2 years joint bank account, letters with the same address for both of us etc.. We didn't need anything like statutory declarations, letters, medicals etc... We just paid extra and went into the home office had an interview and got my visa.. I think it was a lot less also, only £500 if I remember correctly.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Here you are then! and I'm sure it's coming any day now bernieboy

If this is useful to anyone, please note that it does NOT include Form 80 which it absolutely should have done as it was an absolute nightmare to fill in and I wish we'd done it before submitting!!!!

XX JUNE 2008

Dear Case Officer,

Re: APPLICATION FOR TEMPORARY SPOUSE VISA SUBCLASS 309

Please find enclosed an application for Spouse Visa (Subclass 309) for myself, (applicant). I, (applicant), intend to be sponsored by my de facto life partner, (sponsor). (sponsor) is an Australian Citizen.

Our application is divided into five parts. Our application includes the following:

Section One: Our Application

Completed form 47SP

Completed form 40SP

Signed statement by (the applicant)

Signed statement by (the sponsor)

Certified identification documents from(the applicant)

Certified identification documents from (the sponsor)

4 x passport photos of (the applicant)

2 x passport photos of (the sponsor)

Section Two: The Financial Aspects of Our Relationship

Joint statement detailing how we intend to share our finances in Australia

Joint statement outlining the way in which we share household expenses

Letter from sponsor’s employer confirming the salary of the sponsor

Joint bank account details

Joint insurance documents

Joint payment of car club membership

Last will of (the applicant)

Last will of (the sponsor)

Section Three: The Nature of Our Household

Statement outlining the way in which household chores are divided

Lease agreement for the period may 2006 – present

Joint rent receipts for the period may 2006 – present

Correspondence addressed to both the applicant and the sponsor at the same address

Details of shared holidays taken together

Section Four: The Social Context of Our Relationship

Declarations from family and friends, inclusive of two statutory declarations form Australian citizens

Joint invitations to social engagements in both names

Joint Christmas and other occasion cards in both names

Except from the sponsors employers hr file naming the applicant as the next of kin

Evidence of joint holidays

Emails & correspondence from friends and family evidencing shared plans with us as a partnership

Section Five: The Nature of Our Commitment to Each Other

A joint statement outlining the nature of our commitment to each other and our plans for the future

Phone bills evidencing the frequency of our contact over time

Emails and correspondence from September 2005 to present from ourselves and others referencing our relationship

Photographic evidence from September 2005 to present

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information – We are more than happy to provide any evidence you require as far as we are able.

We are also very willing to attend an interview should this be necessary.

Please do not hesitate to contact either of us, by phone or email, should you require anything further whatsoever.

We appreciate you reviewing our application, and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
Thanks for this Rach. I will also be applying for a de facto spouse visa next year and the list of items that you sent to the case officer will be really helpful. I'd better start collecting and storing evidence of our relationship!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

After a very fraught process we have success!! Such a relief, me and the fella are booking his flights tonight!

Our CO was brilliant - really fast. Timeline for anyone interested:

Submitted 14th June
Asked for form 80 18th June
Submitted form 80 2nd July
Visa granted TODAY!

We had a difficult app in terms of there being a conviction on OH's record, and we don't share any bills or anything, but it was all ok in the end so be reassured those in similar circumstances.

Rainydaze, I know you submitted at the same time as me - hope you hear soon!

Will post up our cover letter for anyone that would like a template soon - for now, there's champagne to drink! I can't wait to go home!!

Rach
CONGRATULATIONS Rach! Really pleased to hear you got it - I've sooooo appreciated all your advice and encouragement on the bumpy spouse visa road, if anyone deserved a quick break it was you guys!

Still waiting for mine, but taking hope that as it went in around the same time as your application, it won't be much longer now...or do I have to start digging to Australia?!!

Best of luck in Oz and keep us posted :-)
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by FrancesandMatt
Is everyone submitting photos in their application? Its seems so irrelevant... How much of my life do I have to share? argh! :curse:
Hi,

OH just got his spouse Visa yesterday pm and we did'nt send in photo's. Just proof of living together (took a bank statement 1 for each year, plus joint mortgage statements),marrige certs etc.

Visa really quick. we got it granted the day after they received the meds. total time two weeks.

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.