My Timeline

Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default My Timeline

Hi, just in case anybody wants any idea on a recent successful application and timelines.

21/9/06 First contact with Go Matilda.
25/10/07 TRA applied for.
9/11/07 TRA successful.
6/12/06 Main application signed for in Adelaide.
16/1/07 Acknowledgement letter.
26/2/07 Case officer assigned.
12/3/07 Medicals.
16/4/07 Visa granted.

Hope this may help some of you with your planning and good luck to everyone starting out or half way through.

Mick
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:42 pm
The Marriott's

kev9672jedi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My Timeline

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
Hi, just in case anybody wants any idea on a recent successful application and timelines.

9/11/07 TRA successful.
12/3/07 Medicals.
16/4/07 Visa granted.

Hope this may help some of you with your planning and good luck to everyone starting out or half way through.

Mick
WOW!!! that was quick if you dont mind me asking which trade have you applied under? just asking as my oh is an electrician and we are also using Go Matilda, its quite scary to think it can go through that quick. Was there any reason your visa was so quick?

Julie & Kev
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:07 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

9/11/07 TRA successful.
12/3/07 Medicals.
16/4/07 Visa granted.

Mick

Thanks for sharing - suggest you post this on www.austimeline.com lots more will see it
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev9672jedi
WOW!!! that was quick if you dont mind me asking which trade have you applied under? just asking as my oh is an electrician and we are also using Go Matilda, its quite scary to think it can go through that quick. Was there any reason your visa was so quick?

Julie & Kev
Hi Julie and Kev,

My trade is known as a fibrous plasterer in Oz, ceilings and partitions over here. I would have thought yours should be roughly the same. I got paperwork together as quick as I could every time I was asked for anything to keep the ball rolling. I really wanted to be leaving in August so its all come together perfectly. I had to have a date in mind to work to for me to have everything organised. I am chuffed to bits its all come through so quickly to get the worry and stress out of my life..!

Mick
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:21 am
The Marriott's

Thanks for that Mick just recieved stage 2 instructions from Go Matilda this morning so going to have to get busy.

Good luck with Oz!!!

Julie & Kev
Hi Julie and Kev,

My trade is known as a fibrous plasterer in Oz, ceilings and partitions over here. I would have thought yours should be roughly the same. I got paperwork together as quick as I could every time I was asked for anything to keep the ball rolling. I really wanted to be leaving in August so its all come together perfectly. I had to have a date in mind to work to for me to have everything organised. I am chuffed to bits its all come through so quickly to get the worry and stress out of my life..!

Mick
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Have you done your TRA yet?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi Mick

Sounds like your in the same trade as my OH, going on a Joiner hope our Visa app will be as quick.

Jane
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:24 am
The Marriott's

Just about to start the TRA its the references that are the pain did you write your own for your employers to copy on letter head paper? I feel a bit cheeky asking this but I suppose as long as they agree with them your probably saving them time!

Julie
Have you done your TRA yet?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Julie,

It was quicker to write the references myself and the companies got them back to me a lot quicker that way. Like you said as long as the content is right all they need to do is print them on headed paper and sign them. Be as thorough as you can with the references and go into the smallest details, imagine you are writing the dummies guide to be an electrician. Get references from customers if possible, accountant if possible, all employers that you can get, do stat decs for any blank spaces that you cant get references for, any suppliers that you may have used and most importantly get at least 2 copies from everyone as you need some of them again for the main application. Make sure some of the references cover your most recent work experience as these are the ones to prove recent work experience for the extra 10 points.

Go Matilda check everything for you so email the references to them first and they will make suggestions as they see fit. Some of mine went backwards and forwards quite a few times til they were right.

Best of Luck, Mick
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi Mick

Sounds like your in the same trade as my OH, going on a Joiner hope our Visa app will be as quick.

Jane
I hope it goes well for you too. Certainly was worth the hard work, Mick