Wikiposts

My query

Old Jan 16th 2006, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Baalu27 is on a distinguished road
Arrow My query

hi
I am Balu, working for IT Company (IBM),India.

I am interested in going to Australia and work there..

I have got 4 + experiance as Netwrok engineer in IT-field.
I am Microsoft certified System Engineer (MCSE) and CCNA certified.I worked in Dubai for 3 yrs as Network Engineer , and for the past one year I am working for IBM,India.

I need to know the details of temporary and permanent migration to Australia.

1. Is it possible to get a temporary visa to australia, so that I can go there and try for job in my IT-Networking field.

2. I got my cousin who has got Austraian PR , is it possible that if he can sponsor the visa.

3. have u got any details of consultancies which can get me a temporary working visa to Australia.

pls do pass on the requested information back to me. u can reach me on [email protected]

Thanks with regards
Balu..
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all
Default Re: My query

Hey Balu,

Mate, for a start, I don't know the first thing about temp visa's, so I wont even try and offer advice on those.

However, what I can tell you is that YES your MCSE certification may well get you a group B assessment from the ACS, BUT you will need an extra 2 yrs experience, you shall require 6 yrs 'professional' experience.....meaning any junior, trainee or 1st line teccie jobs wont be regarded as professional experience.

Now here's your problem (as I see it) the ACS have been rumored for some time to be trying to retire their adoption of many trade certs, such as the MCSE, however they have been unsuccessful thus far.....but a lot can happen over two years......so beware, you may require further, more traditional education by the time you gain the required experience.

My view is that they may have a hard time retiring this adoption of trade certs, due to the job market, what I mean by that is that assessment for migration MUST be fueled by employment trends, and the truth is employer's are keen to hire MCSE's and other professionals with trade certs, perhaps because we have a more 'grounded' or 'up-to-date' knowledge of IT trends and practices ? maybe.......BUT that's just my view, and probably not shared by most graduates (even though I was running networks whilst my Uni piers were still sharpening their pencils, ready for class....LOL)

This post is not intended to upset, degrade or enrage any recent IT graduates into flaming my ass!