My migration agent has been ceased

Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

hamidgamal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My migration agent has been ceased

I have applied for GSM (175) on august 2009 by using an migration agent from Australia .however, currently i sent for him email to inquire about my application progress and he never replied ,then i checked his web site which no longer available as well. i am actually so much worried because i have spent a lot of money for this application and AU$3500 for this immigration agent .is there any thing i can do about it ?will that affect my application success ?thanks
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My migration agent has been ceased

Originally Posted by hamidgamal
I have applied for GSM (175) on august 2009 by using an migration agent from Australia .however, currently i sent for him email to inquire about my application progress and he never replied ,then i checked his web site which no longer available as well. i am actually so much worried because i have spent a lot of money for this application and AU$3500 for this immigration agent .is there any thing i can do about it ?will that affect my application success ?thanks
Is he a registered MARA agent ?
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes he was ,but i checked his Registration at www.mara.gov.au .and found that he has been ceased on November 2009 . i am afraid that he didn't even lodge my application and he sent for me wrong application reference number.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

I also want to indicate that i asked him many time to lodge an online application ,but he ignored me and insisted to lodge paper based application .honestly. i had too much doubt about him .
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Just lodge a PLE, dont worry as long as your application was lodged, you have nothing to worry about. You might be able to get your money back too....just inquire with immigration, and don't panic.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You need to take it up with MARA if he was a registered agent. You also need to inform DIAC that he is no longer acting for you, or they will not be able to deal directly with you.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for you reply, i have already sent PLE to check my application statue .but how can i inform DIAC that he is no longer acting for me ?,can i send another PLE ?
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you reply, i have already sent PLE to check my application statue .but how can i inform DIAC that he is no longer acting for me ?,can i send another PLE ?
No there is a specific form you need to fill in, it is form 953 or 956 or something.
Old May 5th 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

i sent a PLE to check my application statue on 23/04/2010 but i haven't recived any reply yet .should i want or send another PLE? Thanks
Old May 5th 2010, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

i sent a PLE to check my application statue on 23/04/2010 but i haven't recived any reply yet .should i want or send another PLE? Thanks
Have you send form 956 as per my last post? Until you do that DIAC are not going to respond to you anyway, the reply will go to your agent.

If you have completed the necessary form, then note that the PLE responses can easily take a couple of weeks, but they are generally responded to in the end.
Old May 5th 2010, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for your reply, i want to tell you that i have sent email for him to inquire if he still operate as migration agent , as i send for him email to inquire about my application progress last December ,however he didnot inform me about being ceased from MARA .his replr to me was that he was retired and not wrokung any more as migration agent but he still follow the pending applicaton up.but honestly i don't trust him anymore . i will fill form 956 in ,but i don't know how can i send it to DIAC ? can i attach it as PLE ?.
the other thing after exepmting him i want to report him to MARA and if possible can refund the fees trhat i had paid it to him ,is it possible? thsnks again
Old May 6th 2010, 2:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Get on to MARA and tell them the situation. They will advise you of your rights and how to proceed.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

I sent email to my ceased agent to inform him that i will exempt him from representing me ,and ask him for partial refund as it is advised by MARA that i should contact the agent first before making complaint to them.

However ,he threaten me that he will forward the Complaint to my Case officer ,
it is very strange ,do i have really case officer ?,if so why he did not ask me to provide medicals and police clearance ?.

i will forward the application to exempt him to DIAC ,but are MARA still have power on him as he had ceased by them ? ,are they going to help me with my rights?.

Thanks In advance
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I sent email to my ceased agent to inform him that i will exempt him from representing me ,and ask him for partial refund as it is advised by MARA that i should contact the agent first before making complaint to them.

it is very strange ,do i have really case officer ?,if so why he did not ask me to provide medicals and police clearance ?.

i will forward the application to exempt him to DIAC ,but are MARA still have power on him as he had ceased by them ? ,are they going to help me with my rights?.

Thanks In advance
Don't know why he thinks DIAC are going to give a monkey's about you complaining about him. Very strange thing to say. Just send the form to DIAC saying that the agent no longer represents you and all information will be sent direct to you.

If you have a CO doesn't mean that you provide the PCC or meds, that request can come at any point.

Write a complaint to MARA attaching a copy of his reply, may not get you anywhere but no harm in trying. Sounds like you have no chance of getting a refund of the fees though.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks In advance
HAVE YOU SENT FORM 956 TO DIAC YET? You have been advised for a couple of months now to inform DIAC that your agent is no longer acting for you. Send the form today.

As for a refund, I don't know why you would think you are entitled to one. You hired someone to do a job and so far they are doing it. Your agent has lodged your application (as you hired him to do) and is continuing it. Just because you change your mind does not mean you are entitled to a refund. Other than de-registering has he done anything to cause your application to be denied? Has he done anything illegal? If he had not de-registered with MARA would you still want a refund?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.