My Medicals may have gone missing!!??

Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:46 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice
Unhappy My Medicals may have gone missing!!??

I've been in touch with my case officer to check if she has received my medicals, and she hasn't!!! I fear they might have gone missing?? Does anyone know how long it usually takes the medicals to be delivered to Australia??
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:52 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My Medicals may have gone missing!!??

Originally Posted by GrantP
I've been in touch with my case officer to check if she has received my medicals, and she hasn't!!! I fear they might have gone missing?? Does anyone know how long it usually takes the medicals to be delivered to Australia??
This is not good news for you....

It depends on how you have sent them and where you sent them from. Obviously if you are in a major centre, i.e. London, Manchester etc it may be quicker then Outer-nowherehsire-Upon-Rye ;-)

Some private courier sevices can take as little as 72 hours.
Royalmail's 'signed for' service takes 7-10 working days (although always less when I have used them)
Standard air mail takes about 10-15 working days.

When did you send them off?
Did you use registered service?
Do you have a tracking number?

Tops.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:53 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry cant answer your question ours were sent yesterday.

hope yours havent gone missing when did you send them?

Possoms
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:59 am
Just Joined

pumpkinpatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear this. Maybe check with the doctor which address he sent them to - when I was booking my meds, they didn't seem sure whether they needed to be sent to Sydney or Adelaide. Hope u sort this out!

cheers
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:14 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tops
This is not good news for you....

It depends on how you have sent them and where you sent them from. Obviously if you are in a major centre, i.e. London, Manchester etc it may be quicker then Outer-nowherehsire-Upon-Rye ;-)

Some private courier sevices can take as little as 72 hours.
Royalmail's 'signed for' service takes 7-10 working days (although always less when I have used them)
Standard air mail takes about 10-15 working days.

When did you send them off?
Did you use registered service?
Do you have a tracking number?

Tops.
I didn't send them, the doctor did! They asked for the address to send them to, so I gave them the address off the immigration website! What's a little confusing though, and I was going to start another thread for this, is that the Parramatta office I'm dealing with has 2 addresses quoted. A street address, and a postal address. The postal address is 'Locked Bag', which I'm unsure as to whether you can send to via courier?? I'd be tempted to send to the street address!!?? I've sent them an email asking this question, as I'm about to send off my main ENS application!

Anyway, back to this thread, and answering your questions! The Doctor sent the results (to the 'locked bag' address) through the Royal Mail recorded service around the 15th June. They gave me a tracking number, but they only track it until it reaches Australia, and not until it gets delivered!! That is crap in my opinion! ...I might just get in touch with Royal Mail and see if they can follow it up!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:21 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about

I didn't send them, the doctor did! They asked for the address to send them to, so I gave them the address off the immigration website! What's a little confusing though, and I was going to start another thread for this, is that the Parramatta office I'm dealing with has 2 addresses quoted. A street address, and a postal address. The postal address is 'Locked Bag', which I'm unsure as to whether you can send to via courier?? I'd be tempted to send to the street address!!?? I've sent them an email asking this question, as I'm about to send off my main ENS application!

Anyway, back to this thread, and answering your questions! The Doctor sent the results (to the 'locked bag' address) through the Royal Mail recorded service around the 15th June. They gave me a tracking number, but they only track it until it reaches Australia, and not until it gets delivered!! That is crap in my opinion! ...I might just get in touch with Royal Mail and see if they can follow it up!
If you medicals are sent via normal post (including Royalmail's 'signed-for' service) the address is:-

Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs
GPO Box 9984
Sydney
NSW 2001
Australia

If sent by courier:-

Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration (etc as above)
Level 6
26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD
NSW 2000
Australia

Hope this helps,

Tops.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:39 am
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by Tops
If you medicals are sent via normal post (including Royalmail's 'signed-for' service) the address is:-

Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs
GPO Box 9984
Sydney
NSW 2001
Australia

If sent by courier:-

Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration (etc as above)
Level 6
26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD
NSW 2000
Australia

Hope this helps,

Tops.
My visa is a little different! It's an Employer Sponsored visa and is dealt with at the nearest Dimia business centre, which in my case is the Parramatta office near Sydney!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:08 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

try not to worry, they're bound to turn up!

Sending you some k (if I can!) in the meantime
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Basically the medicals have been sent by Royal Mail rather than by courier. You need to accept they may never be found (you may be lucky but there are lots of Royal Mail horror stories).

The other problem is that you have no proof of delivery - as you know, Royal Mail international 'signed for' means nothing of the sort, so you've nothing to badger DIMIA with (documents do get lost/misfiled within DIMIA too, especially with no file number).

Jeremy
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:15 am
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by JAJ
Basically the medicals have been sent by Royal Mail rather than by courier. You need to accept they may never be found (you may be lucky but there are lots of Royal Mail horror stories).

The other problem is that you have no proof of delivery - as you know, Royal Mail international 'signed for' means nothing of the sort, so you've nothing to badger DIMIA with (documents do get lost/misfiled within DIMIA too, especially with no file number).

Jeremy
So if they are lost I'm facing paying another £200 and going through the medicals all over again??
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

So if they are lost I'm facing paying another £200 and going through the medicals all over again??

If they are really lost - unfortunately yes. Complain to the doctor concerned, medicals are far too precious to be entrusted to regular post.

The doctor may be willing to discount the cost of a repeat medical.

Doctors ought to be willing to send medicals by courier, especially if you provide a courier envelope. However that may involve relying on the receptionist knowing what to do with it.

You'll probably need to wait longer before you can conclude the medicals are most likely lost, as they may still turn up.

Jeremy
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Sooo sorry mate, At least the ars**oles at Royal Mail only managed to lose/steal my PCCs, VETASSES application and Form 1022. Medicals are SO important and I feel for you. As for contacting Royal; Mail about it you will only get off hand standard letters. They don't give a sh*it.

Sending you some K and fingers crossed they will turn up or your Dr has a copy.

Rob
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:49 am
Welsh Member!!

Red face Re: My Medicals may have gone missing!!??

Originally Posted by bridiej
try not to worry, they're bound to turn up!

Sending you some k (if I can!) in the meantime
Thanks Bridie! ...I'm stressed at the mo!!

I tried to send some k back, but I have to spread it around!

Last edited by GrantP; Jun 29th 2005 at 11:54 am.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:51 am
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by JAJ
If they are really lost - unfortunately yes. Complain to the doctor concerned, medicals are far too precious to be entrusted to regular post.

The doctor may be willing to discount the cost of a repeat medical.

Doctors ought to be willing to send medicals by courier, especially if you provide a courier envelope. However that may involve relying on the receptionist knowing what to do with it.

You'll probably need to wait longer before you can conclude the medicals are most likely lost, as they may still turn up.

Jeremy
Thanks for that Jeremy! I realise I need to wait a little while before concluding they're lost, but I might try and do some investigation in the meantime!!??
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:52 am
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by Rabc
Sooo sorry mate, At least the ars**oles at Royal Mail only managed to lose/steal my PCCs, VETASSES application and Form 1022. Medicals are SO important and I feel for you. As for contacting Royal; Mail about it you will only get off hand standard letters. They don't give a sh*it.

Sending you some K and fingers crossed they will turn up or your Dr has a copy.

Rob
Thanks Rob!

I doubt the Doctors have a copy!! It's more in their interest to do it all again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.