Wikiposts

My experience After Redundancy on 457 Visa

Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

suns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My experience After Redundancy on 457 Visa

I am coming across lot of guys being made redundant while being on 457 Visa.

Hence My experience would be worth sharing..

As soon I was made redundant, I visited to DIAC, The guy there adviced that I would get a letter advising about my visa cancellation.
However, I got the mail from DIAC after 6 Weeks (including Charismas & New year holidays) of redundancy asking me the reason for non visa cancellation, to be replied in 5 working days with 5 more days in case if you need more time to respond.
Where you can mention genuine reasons in terms of family or job based upon which that DIAC takes decision to give further time.

However, I could not experience any further as in mean time I got another sponsor...
Based upon my experience, I found case office supervising my visa cancellation very friendly.

All along my spouse was working on 457 dependent visa.
Hope this would help.

Hence please don’t panic since there is no limitation of 28 days as such.
This is inline with 457 Visa integrity report.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience After Redundancy on 457 Visa

thanks for sharing your story...
how much additional time was you given after the 28 days?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by guiguioz
thanks for sharing your story...
how much additional time was you given after the 28 days?
As mentioned I got the letter after 6 weeks hence additional time can be calculated
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suns
As mentioned I got the letter after 6 weeks hence additional time can be calculated
understood that but my question was: did DIAC give you additional time after having received the letter (for instance because your partner was working with the dependent 457 visa)?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by guiguioz
understood that but my question was: did DIAC give you additional time after having received the letter (for instance because your partner was working with the dependent 457 visa)?
They gave 28 days time to lodge the visa application because we have found the visa sponsor at the time we received the letter.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, well done.
So, was that 28 days from the letter or was it 10 days after you got the letter (which turned out to be 6 weeks)?