British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   my application has been finalised - what does it mean? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/my-application-has-been-finalised-what-does-mean-193835/)

guyguy2003 Nov 28th 2003 10:27 am

my application has been finalised - what does it mean?

my agent got an email saying that my application has been finalised and i should get a letter in the next few days.
does it mean it was granted? or does it mean they reached a desicion and i would only know when i recieve the letter?
help!!

S Oldfield Nov 28th 2003 12:59 pm

Re: my application has been finalised - what does it mean?

Have you contacted your agent and asked them what it means

guyguy2003 Nov 28th 2003 1:07 pm

i did but she couldnt say

she said it is probably good cause i did my medicals and police.
and i know for a fact that my medicals were good and so the police clearance. if there was a problem they would have asked for more info right?
ohhhh i am so tense i dont know whether to be happy or not!! :O

onjon Nov 29th 2003 5:26 am

Originally posted by guyguy2003
my agent got an email saying that my application has been finalised and i should get a letter in the next few days.
does it mean it was granted? or does it mean they reached a desicion and i would only know when i recieve the letter?
help!!
It clearly means "YOU HAVE GOT the GRANT ".
Lets start packing - cheer up. I can tell u this 'coz this is the normal procedure of granting the visa through the agent.
By the way can u pls give us the ur case details i.e. when did u apply ... etc.etc.?

No question of getting worried.

Gibson Nov 29th 2003 10:34 am

Originally posted by guyguy2003
help!!

When we spoke to skilled processing in Adelaide they told us our application had been finalised and our letter was in the post, after much begging she told us it was our pre-grant letter. So stop panicking and start celebrating!

all the best Jane.

guyguy2003 Nov 30th 2003 11:26 am

Originally posted by Gibson
When we spoke to skilled processing in Adelaide they told us our application had been finalised and our letter was in the post, after much begging she told us it was our pre-grant letter. So stop panicking and start celebrating!

all the best Jane.
well, i submitted my application exactly a year from today.
(or close)
i got a request for medicals and police on the beginning of october, submitted medicals immidiatly and police certificates after 3 weeks.
i hope you guys are right, english is not my first language and i just want to know if finalised usually means accepted.. :)