Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:02 pm
  #61  
Addicted to browsing BE
 
goldchoccycoin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,046
goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

I am fairly certain that both NSW and QLD do State Sponsorship. NSW are yet to realease their list but it should be soon. Qld's list is http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/app.../docs/4498.pdf

Also, I don't think a 2-year stint in another Australian State is exactly a major issue for an adult! At least they're in the country!

Good luck.
goldchoccycoin is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:55 pm
  #62  
BE Forum Addict
 
tinaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast- the best place in the world
Posts: 3,196
tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by tking View Post
I am fairly certain that both NSW and QLD do State Sponsorship. NSW are yet to realease their list but it should be soon. Qld's list is http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/app.../docs/4498.pdf

Also, I don't think a 2-year stint in another Australian State is exactly a major issue for an adult! At least they're in the country!

Good luck.

That is so true, I am looking into it as I speak, if it is the only way to get him over then at $139 for a flight each way to SA, we will be in touch a lot more than now.
tinaj is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:57 pm
  #63  
BE Forum Addict
 
tinaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast- the best place in the world
Posts: 3,196
tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by tking View Post
I am fairly certain that both NSW and QLD do State Sponsorship. NSW are yet to realease their list but it should be soon. Qld's list is http://203.210.126.185/dsdweb/v4/app.../docs/4498.pdf

Also, I don't think a 2-year stint in another Australian State is exactly a major issue for an adult! At least they're in the country!

Good luck.
QLD do but it is a very short list mainly health or IT workers, he is not on it.
tinaj is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:39 am
  #64  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bermudashorts's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 14,284
Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by tinaj View Post
One reason being, if for example you are trying to get a relative over and they can not be sponsored in your own state the only option may be to go to another and then move across. In my own case this may be a route I have to look into, QLD and NSW don't do State Sponsorship.Since they have shortened the job lists it may be the only option for some people to go to one State when they really need to be another for family reasons.
And you are telling me this because....?

I don't think I mentioned that I was interested to know why people abuse the system.
Bermudashorts is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:46 am
  #65  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,188
iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts View Post
And you are telling me this because....?

I don't think I mentioned that I was interested to know why people abuse the system.
Does make you wonder why the State Sponsored schemes are not more like the 457. Find work in the State that sponsored you... or out you go.
iamthecreaturefromuranus is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:36 am
  #66  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Canberra
Posts: 568
canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Does make you wonder why the State Sponsored schemes are not more like the 457. Find work in the State that sponsored you... or out you go.
I agree.

For some reason though I always thought that state sponsorship meant you had to stay in that state for at least 2 years and then you were free to move to another state, obviously after reading this thread I must have thought wrong.

I think it should be that way, if a state has sponsored you then you should be obliged to stay there for an amount of time and your work rights should only be valid in that state for the same period.
canadaeh is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:38 am
  #67  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,493
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by canadaeh View Post
I agree.

For some reason though I always thought that state sponsorship meant you had to stay in that state for at least 2 years and then you were free to move to another state, obviously after reading this thread I must have thought wrong.

I think it should be that way, if a state has sponsored you then you should be obliged to stay there for an amount of time and your work rights should only be valid in that state for the same period.
Absolutely. I'm not sure why a rellie moving over makes a difference but what do I know.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 1:43 am
  #68  
Frequent Flyer Member
 
bcworld's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10,994
bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by canadaeh View Post
For some reason though I always thought that state sponsorship meant you had to stay in that state for at least 2 years and then you were free to move to another state, obviously after reading this thread I must have thought wrong.
So am I...I'm actually very surprised to hear that that isn't the case.
bcworld is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:15 am
  #69  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 72
milon_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Hi,

I am recently granted 176 (SA sponsored) visa. I applied for 175 than converted it to 176 due to get the priority processing. When I applied for SA 12+ months ago my occupation was in demand and I found many jobs. But now my occupation is not in demand in SA and jobs are limited. I strongly believe I should live in SA as per my commitment. But if don’t get any jobs after giving necessary effort what should I do? As senior has changed enough after 12 months.

Reg
Milon
milon_h is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:20 am
  #70  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,493
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by milon_h View Post
Hi,

I am recently granted 176 (SA sponsored) visa. I applied for 175 than converted it to 176 due to get the priority processing. When I applied for SA 12+ months ago my occupation was in demand and I found many jobs. But now my occupation is not in demand in SA and jobs are limited. I strongly believe I should live in SA as per my commitment. But if don’t get any jobs after giving necessary effort what should I do? As senior has changed enough after 12 months.

Reg
Milon
Maybe you should have stayed with the 175 instead of trying to find ways of getting in faster. (regardless of whether it's the 'done' think or not).
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:31 am
  #71  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 162
ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by milon_h View Post
Hi,

I am recently granted 176 (SA sponsored) visa. I applied for 175 than converted it to 176 due to get the priority processing. When I applied for SA 12+ months ago my occupation was in demand and I found many jobs. But now my occupation is not in demand in SA and jobs are limited. I strongly believe I should live in SA as per my commitment. But if don’t get any jobs after giving necessary effort what should I do? As senior has changed enough after 12 months.

Reg
Milon
Your obligation to remain in the sponsoring state is, at this point, moral, and not legal.
ColonialCousin is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:56 am
  #72  
 
newjersey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,514
newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

When you arrive, just so you know, when you go to the supermarket, load up all you need and go home without paying. Your landlord also knows that paying rent is optional.

When you fly domestically, the security at the airports take your word for you not having anything illegal ( immoral, really ) in your luggage, and the check-in counters operate on a honor basis. You just tell them someone else will pay and they let you on.

It is ok not to pay taxes either, the government sells natural resources to china, so in reality Chinese communists are paying for everything. Money are still in circulation, but legally it becomes less and less moral to offer money when you get something of value. Before the next government abolishes all currency, you are morally obligated yo repay with something of value as well, like a smile or, if you really like what you get, a hug.

Most importantly, when you sign up for a 9 to 5 job, you absolutely must arrive at 11 and leave before 3, because your boss also has a moral obligation to make sure you are happy and well rested.
newjersey is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:17 am
  #73  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 162
ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by newjersey View Post
When you arrive, just so you know, when you go to the supermarket, load up all you need and go home without paying. Your landlord also knows that paying rent is optional.

When you fly domestically, the security at the airports take your word for you not having anything illegal ( immoral, really ) in your luggage, and the check-in counters operate on a honor basis. You just tell them someone else will pay and they let you on.

It is ok not to pay taxes either, the government sells natural resources to china, so in reality Chinese communists are paying for everything. Money are still in circulation, but legally it becomes less and less moral to offer money when you get something of value. Before the next government abolishes all currency, you are morally obligated yo repay with something of value as well, like a smile or, if you really like what you get, a hug.

Most importantly, when you sign up for a 9 to 5 job, you absolutely must arrive at 11 and leave before 3, because your boss also has a moral obligation to make sure you are happy and well rested.
Not paying for the goods purchased in a super market will see you charged with theft.

Not paying rent as per the contract will see you evicted.

Having anything in your carry on luggage that isn't allowed in the aircraft will likely see that object confiscated. (and since when is illegal same as immoral?)

You need to have paid before getting to the check in counter.

If you don't pay taxes, the government can and will take civil action against you.

If you show up 2 hours late to your work and leave 2 hours before end of the day, you will likely get fired. Your boss has no moral obligation to make you happy.

All the above mentioned actions have consequences. Most if not all of them enshrined in some form of a law, or a legal contract, and have consequences for violating the law or the contract.

The obligation towards the sponsoring state has no such consequence were it not to be fulfilled. It hasn't been made mandatory by either the DIAC or any of the states. Your post is rather pointless.
ColonialCousin is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:03 pm
  #74  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,318
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin View Post
Not paying for the goods purchased in a super market will see you charged with theft.

Not paying rent as per the contract will see you evicted.

Having anything in your carry on luggage that isn't allowed in the aircraft will likely see that object confiscated. (and since when is illegal same as immoral?)

You need to have paid before getting to the check in counter.

If you don't pay taxes, the government can and will take civil action against you.

If you show up 2 hours late to your work and leave 2 hours before end of the day, you will likely get fired. Your boss has no moral obligation to make you happy.

All the above mentioned actions have consequences. Most if not all of them enshrined in some form of a law, or a legal contract, and have consequences for violating the law or the contract.

The obligation towards the sponsoring state has no such consequence were it not to be fulfilled. It hasn't been made mandatory by either the DIAC or any of the states. Your post is rather pointless.
No post on BE is pointless, they are all part of a discussion.

Personally, the sooner they make it compulsory to live and work in the sponsoring State for the two years, the better. It may not be illegal to move but its immoral and is probably cheating someone else, who wants to live in that State, out of a visa. Unfortunately I seem to be in a minority these days because I posess a conscience.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:13 pm
  #75  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,493
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
No post on BE is pointless, they are all part of a discussion.

Personally, the sooner they make it compulsory to live and work in the sponsoring State for the two years, the better. It may not be illegal to move but its immoral and is probably cheating someone else, who wants to live in that State, out of a visa. Unfortunately I seem to be in a minority these days because I posess a conscience.
Happily there are shedloads of us, unfortunately the others appear to be in larger sheds at the moment Maybe we need to start a petition to send to Chris Bowen asking that the law be changed.
moneypenny20 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.