Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you break the 2 year commitment? (Narrow minded don’t read this pls :)

Originally Posted by Seneca21
+1. Go to Darwin and have some great experiences there and then move when you want in the correct time frame. When you're in a southern city working hard you won't get the chance to fly up to NT anyway. Enjoy it as a unique experience. As some have said on here you are very lucky to have this chance, and you are not going to get eaten by a crocodile or beaten up by an aborigine. Probably.
I was replying to the post by Tina saying DIAC would fulfil it's obligation to grant the visa.

But I do agree that the OP should make a decision to either not apply for something he clearly does not intend to honour and wait to apply when he can without sponsorship or do the right thing and actually make a go of it in NT.

I've just applied to study externally through uni in Darwin and can't wait for the practicals - 8 weeks in total in year 3 split between Darwin Katherine and Alice Springs working with Aboriginal communities. I think it's an amazing opportunity.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you break the 2 year commitment? (Narrow minded don’t read this pls :)

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I've just applied to study externally through uni in Darwin and can't wait for the practicals - 8 weeks in total in year 3 split between Darwin Katherine and Alice Springs working with Aboriginal communities. I think it's an amazing opportunity.
Wow - what course?? Sounds great.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

The Australian government is not obliged in any way to grant anyone a visa. A visa is a priviledge, not a right.

If an application is accepted and subsequently granted a visa, then one party has fulfilled it's obligation. The newly-minted visa holder would be obliged to fulfill the terms under which he was granted such visa.

However, this is more of a moral obligation ... which is a shame if there was no intent on compliance from the onset.

Last edited by Tina7; Nov 15th 2010 at 4:06 am.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Wow - what course?? Sounds great.
Nursing. I really like the idea of doing oncology/palliative care(seriously) I think with my caring, loving nature I will be a great nurse. (tongue firmly in cheek. I know my reputation for being a bit short here)
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Nursing. I'll be in my 50s when I graduate, but hey ho.
Ah - ok, thanks. I know someone who didn't get his PhD until he was in his late 40s and he managed to carve out a totally respectable job and is now a published writer working in social sciences. 50s is no impediment to a successful nursing career!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:22 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Nursing. I really like the idea of doing oncology/palliative care(seriously) I think with my caring, loving nature I will be a great nurse. (tongue firmly in cheek. I know my reputation for being a bit short here)
Hey, I was just wondering how the other two language than English are going to be use in your future career?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:30 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jimcz
I agree with you, It's not the correct word. I wrote it just because of my limited English that isn't my first language, sorry about it, I didn't mean to offend anybody.
Jim,

If I were granted sponsorship by **ANY** state, I would appreciate it and however difficult conditions might be, I would try my best to keep my promise to my hosts by living there for 2 years.

But, I understand its not against the law to leave the sponsoring state to go live and work elsewhere. However, seeking sponsorship with the intent of ditching your sponsors immedietely after landing is ** very ** wrong !

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Dani_Zoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job in a state other than state sponsored state

After landing in Australia, if I find a job immediately in a state other than the one which has sponsored me. Is it possible to move to the other state? What are the procedures involved?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job in a state other than state sponsored state

Originally Posted by Dani_Zoom
After landing in Australia, if I find a job immediately in a state other than the one which has sponsored me. Is it possible to move to the other state? What are the procedures involved?
You shouldn't be applying for jobs in another State. The State that has sponsored you has done so in good faith and you are expected to live and work there. Otherwise you should have let that sponsorship place go to someone else who really wanted it.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

vxm665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Employer should check your visa eligibility before the offer is made. However, small business doesn't. When you sponsor someone or get citizenship, this will affect you definitely. However, if you tried to get jobs in your sponsored state for a significant period and you ended up with nothing, your state will let you go out. You should get the permission letter for your future records.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vxm665
Employer should check your visa eligibility before the offer is made. However, small business doesn't. When you sponsor someone or get citizenship, this will affect you definitely. However, if you tried to get jobs in your sponsored state for a significant period and you ended up with nothing, your state will let you go out. You should get the permission letter for your future records.
Is there any criteria for "significant period" ?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vxm665
Not that I am advocating doing so but I thought there was only a moral, not a legal, obligation to make a go of it in the sponsoring state and that you should probably inform them if you leave but there is nothing they can do about it and there are no real repercussions (RRV? citizenship?) should you choose to do so. Am I wrong?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bikeframed
Not that I am advocating doing so but I thought there was only a moral, not a legal, obligation to make a go of it in the sponsoring state and that you should probably inform them if you leave but there is nothing they can do about it and there are no real repercussions (RRV? citizenship?) should you choose to do so. Am I wrong?
Unfortunately, you're not wrong.

(and that's me speaking personally, not me wearing my Mods hat, before anyone complains )
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough

With a little digging I found this letter from Immigration South Australia which is clear enough:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...al#post8711806

"We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was granted."

and...

"However, ultimately, if you do decide to move, you should let Immigration SA know by ringing us on 8303 2420 so that we can update our records accordingly and not contact you further."
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bikeframed
With a little digging I found this letter from Immigration South Australia which is clear enough:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...al#post8711806

"We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was granted."

and...

"However, ultimately, if you do decide to move, you should let Immigration SA know by ringing us on 8303 2420 so that we can update our records accordingly and not contact you further."
One important point as mentioned in this link:

"Having granted you sponsorship, it would be counter-productive for Immigration SA to now agree for you not to settle in South Australia. We hope that you will consider your moral obligation and the intent and goodwill in which sponsorship was grAanted."

This somehow validates the point made by vxm665 earlier according to which we need permission from immigration of respective state. In case we fail to do so, the impact would be made on citizenship or sponsoring some relative. Can someone comment on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.