Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switching States...SA to NSW

Originally Posted by aftab
I got PR under subclass-176 for South Australia in Nov-2011.
If i won't be able to find a job in Adelaide, Can I move to other state to search for Job?
How can i switch to another state (NSW) if i succeed in finding a job in Sydney?
What are the rules & regulations?

Thanks
Have you even arrived in Australia yet?
Old Dec 17th 2011, 6:26 am
Just Joined

aftab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you even arrived in Australia yet?
Still not
Old Dec 17th 2011, 6:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Still not
Then why pray tell are you looking at moving to a state that didn't sponsor you? If you wanted to go to NSW you should have applied for sponsorship from NSW.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

There are no rules or regulations, it has been mooted on numerous posts and forums.

If you want to arrive in Perth and stay there you can, whether it is right wrong is for you to decide.

If you cant find a job then move state simple as that. you have to do what is best for you as said some will say you are state hopping no intentions of living there blah blah blah.

I am sure it balance's itself out for people who move states if you leave for NSW I am sure someone will leave NSW for SA.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 11:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I got PR under subclass-176 for South Australia in Nov-2011.
If i won't be able to find a job in Adelaide, Can I move to other state to search for Job?
How can i switch to another state (NSW) if i succeed in finding a job in Sydney?
What are the rules & regulations?

Thanks
Morally you have an obligation to move to the sponsoring State. As it appears that you haven't moved yet and thus haven't even tried to find a job there they might even decide to withdraw your sponsorship and thus cancel the visa.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

aftab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Morally you have an obligation to move to the sponsoring State. As it appears that you haven't moved yet and thus haven't even tried to find a job there they might even decide to withdraw your sponsorship and thus cancel the visa.
Guys,,,plz don't take it wrong. I am just checking for it worst case scenario.
Of-course, we should abide by the commitments made with a state when obtaining state sponsorship & i ll do the same.
Anyway, thanks for your guidance & help...cheers
Old Dec 17th 2011, 7:47 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Of-course, we should abide by the commitments made with a state when obtaining state sponsorship & i ll do the same.
To answer your question' its a moral obligation as you have been sponsored in that state however it is not a legal one.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 12:29 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
There are no rules or regulations, it has been mooted on numerous posts and forums.

If you want to arrive in Perth and stay there you can, whether it is right wrong is for you to decide.

If you cant find a job then move state simple as that. you have to do what is best for you as said some will say you are state hopping no intentions of living there blah blah blah.

I am sure it balance's itself out for people who move states if you leave for NSW I am sure someone will leave NSW for SA.
I bet it doesn't.
Looking at the posts over the years, about South Australian State sponsorship in particular and how many people seem to be using as a backdoor into Australia, I'm surprised they even continue with it, in its present guise.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I bet it doesn't.
Reckon it definitely doesn't.

The SA government is desperate for people - hence the whole state is classed as 'regional', they used to offer special cheap migrant accommodation and 'meet and greet' services, they plug the state relentlessly. The population there only grows very slowly - and always has. That's why it's so easy to get into SA.

The NSW government, on the other hand, in Sydney particularly, don't really want any more migrants. Sydney is full.

The traffic is definitely one-way only - and it's away from SA.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

A positive outlook goes a long way. Why assume you are going to fail before you even get into the country.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:14 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

If you'd done a search of the forum on the subject, I think you would probably have gotten an idea of why people might think you were looking at state jumping. It has been asked many times on here by people that have openly admitted that was what they were intending to do (I'm not suggesting that you are, I'm just saying that they were).

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
A positive outlook goes a long way. Why assume you are going to fail before you even get into the country.
Bermuda's right - think positively! There's no reason to think you'll fail before you even get there!

Congratulations on your PR & good luck in your job hunt!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:03 am
Just Joined

rtf365 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving state on 176?

Hi,

I arrived in SA september on a state sponsored 176 with my wife. i found work within two weeks. ALL GOOD : ) my wage however just about covers the bare essentials.

My wife is still looking for work. She is very unhappy sitting at home for 4 + months with nothing to do. She has tried very hard to get work.

1. Is it possible we move to victoria as she is unable to secure work here in SA?
2. What effect will this have on our visa in 2yrs ?
3. If we go to Vic for a year for say, can we come back later to fulfill responsibility to the state? As our visas are valid until 2016.

The nature of my work is I am 100 % confident of getting work in victoria and as melbourne is a much bigger there would be a much better chance for my wife.

I would be very thankful for some answers. I do want to do the right thing.
At the moment my wife is my top priority. Even if this means returning home.

Thanks All
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Domqs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving state on 176?

Hi,
I asked the same question to my immigration consultant. He stated that i had a moral obligation to the state that sponsored me to stay in that location for the full 2 year duration, but then said once you have the visa all bets are off and it's against your human rights for them to tell you where to live!

Personally i'd ring them up and ask, they are very helpful. The last thing you want to do is get caught out on a technicality. It would be good to know how you get on, please keep me posted.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:57 am
Still alive

Default Re: Moving state on 176?

Originally Posted by rtf365
Hi,

I arrived in SA september on a state sponsored 176 with my wife. i found work within two weeks. ALL GOOD : ) my wage however just about covers the bare essentials.

My wife is still looking for work. She is very unhappy sitting at home for 4 + months with nothing to do. She has tried very hard to get work.

1. Is it possible we move to victoria as she is unable to secure work here in SA?
2. What effect will this have on our visa in 2yrs ?
3. If we go to Vic for a year for say, can we come back later to fulfill responsibility to the state? As our visas are valid until 2016.

The nature of my work is I am 100 % confident of getting work in victoria and as melbourne is a much bigger there would be a much better chance for my wife.

I would be very thankful for some answers. I do want to do the right thing.
At the moment my wife is my top priority. Even if this means returning home.

Thanks All
What kind of work does your wife do?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

remo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can 176 SS holder work in other state before completing two years in sponsor state?

Hi,

One of my friend got 176 State Sponsorship visa from SA, he plan to work in other state like NSW without completing 2 years in SA.

is it possible to do like that, what could be restrictions or complications if he did not stay minimum 2 years in SA.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.