Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough
Default Re: vic to western oz

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Actually, you do seem to be leaning towards the disregarding of moral obligations judging by your "do what you want & screw anyone else's opinions" post. Morals are no good if a person abandons them at the drop of a hat. Migration is a pricey business & the states do want people to take enough money to support themselves for just this kind of situation. It has nothing to do with "getting real". Yes, people jump states. Does that make it right? No (with some exceptions). I imagine you'd be quick enough to complain if you wanted those SS places & really wanted to live & work there, but someone took them under false pretences (again, not a statement on the poster in question, but an observation that does happen).

I'm not going to abandon my morals when it suits me, so I'll stay on my pedestal, thank you.

I have to ask though. What on earth are you on about with your comment "you do what is best for your family, not because a font doesn't like it."?
exactly what it states all people on are font's, I do not have to justify my morals to you or anyone ... I merely stated they have to right to do what they wish .... I bet you sped at times legally not right but you go over and break the law huh moral not count there?? they are not breaking no laws ... until the immigration close the loop hole then people will do it simple as that ... I do not think people should be judged if they do it or do not do it ... but as stated I am sure if stats where shown I bet it is very much like for like with state hopping ... support yourself? some people may of come over here with money to support then realise they cant get work straight away etc .... some people might not realise how expensive it is over here for shopping rent etc .... how expensive it is for sub standard BB TV, 2nd hand cars etc ... not everybody is in the situation where they can afford to not work for 6/12 months and have enough money to support themselves ... that is why i do not judge and also someone skipping a state doesn't affect me so I do not take the moral high ground either way It is not right or wrong until the immigration rules are changed
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
exactly what it states all people on are font's, I do not have to justify my morals to you or anyone ... I merely stated they have to right to do what they wish .... I bet you sped at times legally not right but you go over and break the law huh moral not count there?? they are not breaking no laws ... until the immigration close the loop hole then people will do it simple as that ... I do not think people should be judged if they do it or do not do it ... but as stated I am sure if stats where shown I bet it is very much like for like with state hopping ... support yourself? some people may of come over here with money to support then realise they cant get work straight away etc .... some people might not realise how expensive it is over here for shopping rent etc .... how expensive it is for sub standard BB TV, 2nd hand cars etc ... not everybody is in the situation where they can afford to not work for 6/12 months and have enough money to support themselves ... that is why i do not judge and also someone skipping a state doesn't affect me so I do not take the moral high ground either way It is not right or wrong until the immigration rules are changed
Why on earth do you keep going on about "fonts" - I don't understand what you're trying to say!
As for the moral obligation, no one is telling anyone to starve, all we are saying is do the sponsoring State the basic courtesy of telling them that their sponsorship is no longer needed.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:41 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you might be a font, but myself, I'm a person. I just happen to use a font.

Actually, when it comes to speeding, I do my best to keep the speed limit (much to the annoyance of some arses on the roads). If I have gone over, even if I haven't noticed, I'd be happy enough to hold my hands up & say "it's a fair cop" (cheesy, but effective).

If people can't afford to migrate, then they need to think carefully about it. The states do require you to be able to support yourself when moving over. If you can't meet the obligations because a) you haven't taken the required funds to keep you going until you find work or b) you failed to do the necessary research to see if that job was actually in demand, that's not the fault of the states.

I think we have the crux of your argument here:

that is why i do not judge and also someone skipping a state doesn't affect me so I do not take the moral high ground either way It is not right or wrong until the immigration rules are changed
It's not affecting you, so you don't care. It is wrong, but I agree that DIAC should close the loophole. As I mentioned earlier, I think DIAC should be cracking down harder unless there are verifiable exceptional circumstances. In which case, the state should be more lenient.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Well, you might be a font, but myself, I'm a person. I just happen to use a font.

Actually, when it comes to speeding, I do my best to keep the speed limit (much to the annoyance of some arses on the roads). If I have gone over, even if I haven't noticed, I'd be happy enough to hold my hands up & say "it's a fair cop" (cheesy, but effective).

If people can't afford to migrate, then they need to think carefully about it. The states do require you to be able to support yourself when moving over. If you can't meet the obligations because a) you haven't taken the required funds to keep you going until you find work or b) you failed to do the necessary research to see if that job was actually in demand, that's not the fault of the states.

I think we have the crux of your argument here:

It's not affecting you, so you don't care. It is wrong, but I agree that DIAC should close the loophole. As I mentioned earlier, I think DIAC should be cracking down harder unless there are verifiable exceptional circumstances. In which case, the state should be more lenient.
we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one neither is wrong or right merely both expressing opinions ... circumstances can change within 24 hours etc., loss of job injury incapacitated however we both agree FACTS are immigration create this problem by allowing persons to skip states ... until the loophole is closed then it will carry on ...
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:01 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one neither is wrong or right merely both expressing opinions ... circumstances can change within 24 hours etc., loss of job injury incapacitated however we both agree FACTS are immigration create this problem by allowing persons to skip states ... until the loophole is closed then it will carry on ...
To a certain extent, yes. I fully agree that you're entitled to your opinion & I respect it. I do hope in future that DIAC will close the loophole.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

someone skipping a state doesn't affect me
However, as there are a limited number of State Sponsorships available it does affect a lot of people who make an application to find the lists full and closed, whilst some of those who were lucky enough to get sponsorship have no intention of remaining in the State they have received sponsorship for. But hey, it doesn't affect you so that's all that matters.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
However, as there are a limited number of State Sponsorships available it does affect a lot of people who make an application to find the lists full and closed, whilst some of those who were lucky enough to get sponsorship have no intention of remaining in the State they have received sponsorship for. But hey, it doesn't affect you so that's all that matters.
to be fair, it doesnt affect me in the slightest I just blame DIAC and to an extent the states they should pressure DIAC to impose it upon the visa conditions but they do not ... you can be as sarcastic as you like but as stated it does not affect me ..
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:30 pm

to be fair, it doesnt affect me in the slightest I just blame DIAC and to an extent the states they should pressure DIAC to impose it upon the visa conditions but they do not ... you can be as sarcastic as you like but as stated it does not affect me ..
You seem to be missing the point. You don't seem to care that others may suffer because of the actions of state jumpers because it doesn't affect you. DIAC should close the loophole, but it's not all on them. Are state jumpers being forced to take up sponsorship? No. They are adults and are making a decision that may well cause a genuine applicant to be denied a place due to lack of capacity on the lists. Are DIAC responsible for that? Again, no.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving state on 176? (Numerous threads merged)

Lots of things happen that don't affect one personally, does it mean you shouldn't care? No it doesn't. Thousands are dying in Syria, does it affect me? No it doesn't. Do I care? Yes, yes I do. Greece is in meltdown, does it affect me? No it doesn't. Do I care? Yes, yes I do. People not fulfilling their moral obligation to their hard won State Sponsorship, does it affect me? No it doesn't. Do I care? Yes, yes I do. Possibly the difference between you and me.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lots of things happen that don't affect one personally, does it mean you shouldn't care? No it doesn't. Thousands are dying in Syria, does it affect me? No it doesn't. Do I care? Yes, yes I do. Greece is in meltdown, does it affect me? No it doesn't. Do I care? Yes, yes I do. People not fulfilling their moral obligation to their hard won State Sponsorship, does it affect me? No it doesn't. Do I care? Yes, yes I do. Possibly the difference between you and me.
OTT a bit Syria of course people car needless dying for the sake of politics ... is hardly the same as one family hopping a state ... Greece is in meltdown due to an incompetent government ... I find it offensive that you can compare innocent people dying to a bloke hopping a state whether it is right or wrong is not my concern as stated it is the fault of Immigration ... I care for innocent people being killed by a country in civil unrest. last word on this subject must get vertigo on them horses up there

Chris
Old Jun 16th 2012, 1:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For me it comes down to the same kind of moral dilemma as all those people who post on here about leaving all their debts behind when they emigrate really . Just comes down to making a promise, so keep it. Old fashioned maybe, but .....
Old Jun 17th 2012, 12:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

OTT a bit Syria of course people car needless dying for the sake of politics ... is hardly the same as one family hopping a state ... Greece is in meltdown due to an incompetent government ... I find it offensive that you can compare innocent people dying to a bloke hopping a state whether it is right or wrong is not my concern as stated it is the fault of Immigration ... I care for innocent people being killed by a country in civil unrest. last word on this subject must get vertigo on them horses up there

Chris
I wasn't comparing, I was simply explaining that there are lots of things that don't affect me but still I care. I went from drastic, to serious and down to relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things. It wasn't hard to comprehend. I'm not on a high horse, or standing in judgment or anything else you'd like to imagine. I have a point of view as do you and they don't meet. That's all.

If I sign a document that says I will do something, that I understand I have a moral obligation to do that thing then I will do whatever I can not break that agreement. If however I jump through several tons of hoops to fulfil that agreement but am unable to find work, then I wouldn't just jump ship. I would explain to the State I was in, the issues I was having and would fully expect them to understand.

The people who happily get their Sponsorship with absolutely no intention of even attempting to find work in that State are obnoxious in my opinion. There are many of them. Others who make an effort, have my sympathy if they find they need to move. Two completely different scenarios.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:52 am

I wasn't comparing, I was simply explaining that there are lots of things that don't affect me but still I care. I went from drastic, to serious and down to relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things. It wasn't hard to comprehend. I'm not on a high horse, or standing in judgment or anything else you'd like to imagine. I have a point of view as do you and they don't meet. That's all.

If I sign a document that says I will do something, that I understand I have a moral obligation to do that thing then I will do whatever I can not break that agreement. If however I jump through several tons of hoops to fulfil that agreement but am unable to find work, then I wouldn't just jump ship. I would explain to the State I was in, the issues I was having and would fully expect them to understand.

The people who happily get their Sponsorship with absolutely no intention of even attempting to find work in that State are obnoxious in my opinion. There are many of them. Others who make an effort, have my sympathy if they find they need to move. Two completely different scenarios.
+1
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Hi
I know this story has been repeated many times. I was sponsored by QLD and as it is clear from my ID I love Queensland and I really did after I landed in Brisbane.
I spent three month looking for job and really enjoyed my stay in Brisbane. I tried each and every thing to get a job in my profession and was not successful as I did not have local experience. The situation was too disappointing as I did not even get an interview after three months.
I applied for casual jobs in fast foods and restaurants and did not get job as I was overqualified. Tried coles, woolworth, Aldi and did not succeed.
After all I found out that getting into university would help me a lot. As applying with an Australian degree can be a positive point in my Cv. Also, I get the chance to get to know new people and evaluate the job market and match myself with job market while studying as university. However, I left Australia as I was short in budget. While I was in overseas, I applied for UQ and Grifith and was not successful and finally applied for South Australia university and obtained scholarship and admission.
I emailed QLD and told them all the story in detail. but have not received any replies from them yet.
I was wondering what the other options could be. Should I email DIAC and ask for their assistance as well ?
Cheers
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:37 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Hi
I know this story has been repeated many times. I was sponsored by QLD and as it is clear from my ID I love Queensland and I really did after I landed in Brisbane.
I spent three month looking for job and really enjoyed my stay in Brisbane. I tried each and every thing to get a job in my profession and was not successful as I did not have local experience. The situation was too disappointing as I did not even get an interview after three months.
I applied for casual jobs in fast foods and restaurants and did not get job as I was overqualified. Tried coles, woolworth, Aldi and did not succeed.
After all I found out that getting into university would help me a lot. As applying with an Australian degree can be a positive point in my Cv. Also, I get the chance to get to know new people and evaluate the job market and match myself with job market while studying as university. However, I left Australia as I was short in budget. While I was in overseas, I applied for UQ and Grifith and was not successful and finally applied for South Australia university and obtained scholarship and admission.
I emailed QLD and told them all the story in detail. but have not received any replies from them yet.
I was wondering what the other options could be. Should I email DIAC and ask for their assistance as well ?
Cheers
Its not matter of DIAC, its ur commitment with QLD, 3 months are not enough for job struggle, some people are still struggling in Sydney after a year, Are u sure you would get a job after Uni qualification?

What is your qualification and area of work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.