Moving to Oz

Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

seanism is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Oz

Sorry if this has been posted before. I have done a little research on how to live in Oz, I am 33 and work in the marketing industry in UK.

I am too old to get a working visa for a year.

So am I right to say the only way is to get a sponsor? As marketing isn't a special skill they looking for. Has anyone had success getting a sponsor, how would it work, do you just go to a job site and search for jobs in Oz and then apply?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz

Working holiday visas are given for a year? Is that the one you mean? In which case, yes, you have to be under 30 at time of arrival for that to be a valid visa choice.

Depending on your role in marketing, skills etc will depend on whether you can come independently or if you require a sponsor. Independant is preferred as gives more flexibility.

This link

Find a visa

Should direct you further, as will other forum watchers. (I've no experience of marketing but if you use the search function, within these forums, you're likely to find a wealth of information).

Good luck.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the reply. I already looked in the Visa section for my skills, it is not listed. So that option isn't available to me.

How do you mean by independent please? thanks
Old Mar 4th 2015, 12:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Independent is when you are not sponsored by a State or territory, or an employer. You need your skill to be on the SOL or the CSOL - have you checked both lists?
Old Mar 4th 2015, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Independent is when you are not sponsored by a State or territory, or an employer. You need your skill to be on the SOL or the CSOL - have you checked both lists?
I believe this is the one I need Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

Last time I applied for letter of invitation, my skill "marketing" wasn't listed, that was only 3 months ago. Do I just keep checking? Wondering if there are other options. Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2015, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

My skill is listed on CSOL but not SOL.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 1:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanism
My skill is listed on CSOL but not SOL.
Then you need to look at each state's list to see if any of them have your occupation listed as one they sponsor. If they do then you get your skills assessed and apply for state sponsorship. Once you've done that you can apply for a visa.

Alternately you can try to find an employer sponsor. However, there is a bit of a downturn in employment in Australia at the moment so changes are not great there.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Then you need to look at each state's list to see if any of them have your occupation listed as one they sponsor. If they do then you get your skills assessed and apply for state sponsorship.
Thanks. How do I find the information on which state has my occupation please? and if they do, how do I get it assessed? is it all from the immi gov website? thanks
Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:03 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanism
Thanks. How do I find the information on which state has my occupation please? and if they do, how do I get it assessed? is it all from the immi gov website? thanks
Each State and Territory has its own site - if you goggle 'Victoria State Sponsorship' for instance, you'll find their site. There isn't one combined site for that I'm afraid!
Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Each State and Territory has its own site - if you goggle 'Victoria State Sponsorship' for instance, you'll find their site. There isn't one combined site for that I'm afraid!
Thanks again. Sorry for another question... so I need to get it assessed then i can apply for state sponsorship?

Which isn't the same as Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)?
Old Mar 4th 2015, 4:11 pm
Home and Happy

State Sponsorship is subclass 190 and is a permanent visa Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

489 is a provisional visa, you have to meet certain criteria in order to get PR at the end of it. 190 is preferable, definitely, PR straightaway. And yes, you need to get your skills assessed for a 190

(my skills visa knowledge is limited so I can't give you more depth than that, beyond pointing you to the DIBP site! Dorohy and old.sparkles and some others on here are far and away better than me on skills stuff!)
Old Mar 4th 2015, 6:40 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

There's little point paying for a skills assessment though if no states are sponsoring your occupation.

To find out what is needed for your occupation, the assessing body will be listed next to it, and you should be able to find out what criteria you need to meet from there. e.g. degree in marketing, or diploma level.

You cannot lodge an EOI for a visa without a valid skills assessment, as well as other criteria set by DIBP.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There's little point paying for a skills assessment though if no states are sponsoring your occupation.

To find out what is needed for your occupation, the assessing body will be listed next to it, and you should be able to find out what criteria you need to meet from there. e.g. degree in marketing, or diploma level.

You cannot lodge an EOI for a visa without a valid skills assessment, as well as other criteria set by DIBP.
Ok thanks. I found there is only one state that sponsors my occupation - SA.

ANZSCO
Code Occupation Additional Requirements Skills Assessment Authority
131112 Sales and Marketing Manager Proficient English AIM

So what is my next step? thanks
Old Mar 4th 2015, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Oh just realised, if I have no post secondary education qualifications, it is not possible
Old Mar 9th 2015, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Have a really good look at all related occupations on the list. See if your skills fit any of the others as it is a field where skills overlap. Don't get caught up too much on job titles look at the skills Snd experience required. You may find another job to consider being assessed for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.