MOVING TO OZ

Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Rosie_Pritchard is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile MOVING TO OZ

Hi,
I dont know whether anyone can help me at all (I hope)
Im 20 years old and my partner is 23, im currently studying to become a primary school teacher and will finish my course July 2014.
When completing my course we both wish to move to australia however I do not know how we will get on due to me being an NQT. My boyfriend will be moving out there looking for jobs as a personal trainer...

If im correct we will be best to get a temporary work permit first of all for a year? However, I wondered whether It is possible for me to get a job as an NQT in australia at all?

I am willing to work in any year group and will also be special needs trained so am able to work in a special needs school...

I wondered also if it is possible to apply for jobs and secure a job before we go out there as we would prefer to move out there knowing that we have a job secured. (Friends of mine have been sucessful in doing this)

I hope someone can help Rosie x
Old Jan 21st 2013, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

caronandrod has a spectacular aura aboutcaronandrod has a spectacular aura aboutcaronandrod has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: MOVING TO OZ

Focus on your skills in special ed as that is definitely on the skills shortage list but you will need to have at least 12 months post qualification experience if you want to apply for a GSM visa. Check the immigration website for more info Good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie_Pritchard
Hi,
I dont know whether anyone can help me at all (I hope)
Im 20 years old and my partner is 23, im currently studying to become a primary school teacher and will finish my course July 2014.
When completing my course we both wish to move to australia however I do not know how we will get on due to me being an NQT. My boyfriend will be moving out there looking for jobs as a personal trainer...

If im correct we will be best to get a temporary work permit first of all for a year? However, I wondered whether It is possible for me to get a job as an NQT in australia at all?

I am willing to work in any year group and will also be special needs trained so am able to work in a special needs school...

I wondered also if it is possible to apply for jobs and secure a job before we go out there as we would prefer to move out there knowing that we have a job secured. (Friends of mine have been sucessful in doing this)

I hope someone can help Rosie x
To be honest, I would plan to get some experience in the UK first, it will make everything a lot easier.

You might not qualify for a skilled migrant visa as a newly qualificed teacher. There is a skills assessment to pass and many assessing bodies will require some work experience. I don't know whether teacher does or not, you would need to check that out.

If you do not qualify for skilled migration then there is the WHV, but as an inexperiened professional, I imagine it would be hard to find work in your profession and you might just end up doing unskilled work and have to return at the end of the year (or two).

It is pretty hard for most people to secure work before they get here, although some do manage it, but on balance I would say it is not the norm.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Del70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Teachers have to get their skills assessed by the AITSL in order to apply for a visa.
Have a look at
http://www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-f...ssessment.html
and click on the links for the guide and application forms. There is specific criteria for Special Needs Teachers.
Are you doing a 4 year course, or a PGCE? They don't accept 3 year courses in Australia........