Moving To Oz

Old Sep 14th 2011, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Colin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Moving To Oz

Hi

Thinking of moving to Australia with my partner and child, but have no idea on what visa to choose and how to look for employment.

Has anybody got any advice on wat way to go about this please???
Immigration is so confusing??

Thanks R
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Oz

I assume neither of you are Australian, in which case there really are not that many visas for you to chose from.

Many of us move over as skilled migrants, have you looked at that, is your occupation one that qualifies. Search for 175 or 176 visas on www.immi.gov.au. If you get that visa then you can move to Australia and you look for jobs much the same way as you do in UK, internet, recruitment agents.

Another option is employer sponsored but it can be difficult to secure this from overseas and could be frustrating. I'd look at skilled migration first.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Colin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the roughColin Flood 1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I assume neither of you are Australian, in which case there really are not that many visas for you to chose from.

Many of us move over as skilled migrants, have you looked at that, is your occupation one that qualifies. Search for 175 or 176 visas on www.immi.gov.au. If you get that visa then you can move to Australia and you look for jobs much the same way as you do in UK, internet, recruitment agents.

Another option is employer sponsored but it can be difficult to secure this from overseas and could be frustrating. I'd look at skilled migration first.

Many thanks for getting back to me.

we have both been looking at the skilled migrant visas and are both n the list but we really have no clue about the actual visa itself.
every webste says something diffrent with regards to the lenght of time we have to stay in Australia on this particular visa, another thing was the cost of it, we were quoted around £2300 AD is this correct? and that would not even guarentee us a pass.

its just really confusing
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi
A good idea may be to see a good immigration consultant first. We used Concept Australia, they were fantastic. First they give you a phone interview to assess your case then give you an interview at there office. They will only take your case on if they are sure you can get a visa.

Good Luck