Wikiposts

Moving to oz?

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Moving to oz?

Whats the best option of visa for me to live and work in australia?

I have a girlfriend in brisbane who i plan on moving in with over in brisbane,and if things work out get house and other stuff as we go along,im in the uk and already set up with house,car etc.
But since 2000 i have had it in my mind to always move to oz,this was cause i went on holiday there and loved it,i then went again traveling for a year and just this year for 3 months seeing my girl.
As she is over there and i could not be further away here in the uk was wondering what the best options where for me to get there sooner and start my new life.
Even if things did not work out with her as time went on then at least i will have done something i wanted to for a number of years,i have known here for approx one year.
When i was over it would have been nice to not come back,even when i was over for 1 yr it thought the same but i just have house here for 14 yrs and other stuff i just could not leave behind.

Now she is in my life i have more of a reason to head there and if i dont i will say years down the line why did i not do it.

I have a trade as a pipefitter,but this not being on the list i have given my details to an agent who will check to see if he can match me with other trades for tra,if so then i apply for tra on what he tells me then i can apply for the skilled visa option which im sure is the best option,but is this not a long drawn out method?
I have another company who can if they can find me a job by sponsor,get me the 457 visa and can be done quickly,but then this is temp visa and not secure that i can stay in oz once it expires.
I have an aunt and cousin in perth and also cousin in victoria could they sponsor me and what does this mean,does this mean i would need to go where they live?i want to head to brisbane.
How does the sponsor by relative one work and is that any quicker etc.

Also i suppose there is being married to my girl and getting visa that way,but i have not been with her that long to do that and im not with her just for that.

Also i could email employers and see if the could sponsor me etc which im sure is another option.

What should i do or is best,its driving me mad not being with her more and me being over here, but for now i have a life over here,house to pay and work is busy,house being the biggest problem,i have been over 3 months this year already and want to go over more often and this year again but its costly which i dont mind,but this effects my skilled visa on working time over past months/years worked.
I dont think she wants to or can afford to come over here which is ok with me anyway if i was her i would not want to be coming to this place i live anyway its just not that great.
I suppose having this girl from oz is my option and i could i suppose have one from uk instead but i do like her a lot,and wants me even more to be in oz.

I was also told by a guy at work who is thinking of going to new zealand with his family he was told best rent his house rather than sell it as if he wanted to come back from oz,starting again would be hard and a nightmare.
Anyone just rented there place and lived in oz or just sold up,i thought selling my house and using the cash towards on in oz was a better option.

anyway some advise on the above would be cool,it feels to me and i suppose to her that i will never get over there,nothing has really changed since i came home apart from me looking into the tra,which all takes ages and if ok then applying for visa,i am more than happy to travel back and forth for now but i sure would like to do it for good.

If only i did something back in 2000 i might have had the visa now and been living there but part of me was holding back,now that i have been 3 times and now have a girl there i have more reason to and think its time i should go.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to oz?

anyone?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by brian.w
anyone?
Hey

I think you have too much information above for anyone to effectively answer your questions on this site. Try breaking them down to individual one liners and see how that goes.

If I was you at this stage, I would speak to a registered migration agent to search out your best options going forward...

All the best

Gav
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:29 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

anyone?
A lot of info there to go over - a tad too much....

Basically 3-ways look like your best .......

1. 457 - Temp - then look at ways of being perm or start and ask for perm employee sponsorship
2. 136 - Perm - takes a while and is more costly and leaves you hanging for a bit with a chance of not getting the outcome you want.
3. Defacto - need evidence that you are defacto and have had a relationship with your g/f

Aunts can help on 138 visas for sponsoring, cousins only as a AOS.

Look around
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...lled-migration for more on skilled migration.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

what is aos?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

what is aos?
Assurance of Support
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:25 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
3. Defacto - need evidence that you are defacto and have had a relationship with your g/f
...can't see that being an option as you really need to have lived together for the 12 months almost immediately prior to making the application - doesn't sound possible in this case.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

A lot of info there to go over - a tad too much....

Basically 3-ways look like your best .......

1. 457 - Temp - then look at ways of being perm or start and ask for perm employee sponsorship
2. 136 - Perm - takes a while and is more costly and leaves you hanging for a bit with a chance of not getting the outcome you want.

Aunts can help on 138 visas for sponsoring, cousins only as a AOS.

Look around
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...lled-migration for more on skilled migration.

So aunts cant only help with a 138 visa?i thought there might have been just a visa that aunt could sponsor me on without doing the skilled bit,its just i have a skill/trade and its not on the list,i have sent my info away to an agent to look at and see what they can put my skills under and give me a job title if and when i get through the tra,after thats im sure its going to be much better.
I thought there might have been a visa just for family member getting other family members in to oz,it sure is not easy getting in or it all seems to take ages and thats with me have skills as well and certs and experience too.
If only the uk did what australia did years ago it might have been a better place today,so its my goal to get to oz asap,been 3 times and love it even more.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:28 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

So aunts cant only help with a 138 visa?i thought there might have been just a visa that aunt could sponsor me on without doing the skilled bit,its just i have a skill/trade and its not on the list,i have sent my info away to an agent to look at and see what they can put my skills under and give me a job title if and when i get through the tra,after thats im sure its going to be much better.
I thought there might have been a visa just for family member getting other family members in to oz,it sure is not easy getting in or it all seems to take ages and thats with me have skills as well and certs and experience too.
If only the uk did what australia did years ago it might have been a better place today,so its my goal to get to oz asap,been 3 times and love it even more.

No an unfortunate misconception that family sponsorship is widely available to extended family. Only immediate family can be sponsored and even those are severely restricted - Take a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/visa-options.htm

The agent is a good idea. Hopefully they can shed some light on your chances.

Oh if you are under 30 maybe a WHV for a year or 2 could be another way in?? Have a think about it?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:34 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Oh if you are under 30 maybe a WHV for a year or 2 could be another way in?? Have a think about it?
From what the OP says in the 1st para it sounds like he's already had a WHMV...can only get it once....although I have heard tales of people getting another one on a diff passport number....probably not an advisable course of action though!

Last edited by bcworld; Jun 26th 2007 at 2:39 pm.