Wikiposts

moving out..no meds..no visa

Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy moving out..no meds..no visa

I am sitting at my desk,surrounded by boxes,checking my emails to see if there's any news!

We are moving out of our home,into rented on Saturday.We still have no medical results & still no visa!

Depressing!

We told our family we would be out by September...we'll be lucky if we're there by xmas!!

It is reassuring to read all these posts on here..shows us we are not the only ones & we are all going through the same thing.At least we have sold our house..so we will be ready to go when it comes.

Thank you for all the advice & info.

x
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:13 pm
Emigrated 2006

kerry in sunny oz is just really nicekerry in sunny oz is just really nicekerry in sunny oz is just really nicekerry in sunny oz is just really nicekerry in sunny oz is just really nicekerry in sunny oz is just really nicekerry in sunny oz is just really nicekerry in sunny oz is just really nice
Default Re: moving out..no meds..no visa

This bring back memories for us. We did exactly the same, sold everything, and for the last 3 weeks prior to flying lived in our empty house with beanbags in the lounge which we slept on and watched a portable tv. All other belongings had been sold. We had no cars, unemployed, even the dog and cat re homed.cruel really with 3 children as well. But by luck, it must have been...... we moved out of the house for the new buyers and moved in with my mother!!!!!!:curse: then one day IT came, visa by email at 6am. That evening flights were booked and we went 2 weeks later..

One day at a time and after all, life is an adventure! x
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

We are in the same situation, althought I Meds are done and have been signed for. God knows how long its going to be before we get the visa.

Good luck to you,
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

A bit similar here too...I've been made redundant, job finishes in 4 weeks, landlord sold the house this week, hubby's UK visa runs out in 8 weeks, been selling all our stuff, sister in US waiting to book holiday for when we leave via the US, sister in Poland has booked flight to come back to say goodbye...but still no news on the meds referral, and no visa
Every week we go 'this will be the week we find out!', but so far it hasn't worked! Hubby even wore his good luck crystal necklace today to speed things up, but still nothing
Everyone ask the Universe for some results please, if we put out enough positive energy, someone will get lucky
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:57 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

we are in exactly the same boat, meds were signed for in july, but no visa, house sold move out in 4 weeks, we have decided to book flights and just go out there and get sorted,when visa is granted we will have to go to new zealand to validate, we fly 10th of november, if visa hasnt come by then that will be our plan, it will just be a little holiday i would rather wait in the sun for it then stay here as we have nothing left here to stay for. good luck to everyone still waiting
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the pursers
A bit similar here too...I've been made redundant, job finishes in 4 weeks, landlord sold the house this week, hubby's UK visa runs out in 8 weeks, been selling all our stuff, sister in US waiting to book holiday for when we leave via the US, sister in Poland has booked flight to come back to say goodbye...but still no news on the meds referral, and no visa
Every week we go 'this will be the week we find out!', but so far it hasn't worked! Hubby even wore his good luck crystal necklace today to speed things up, but still nothing
Everyone ask the Universe for some results please, if we put out enough positive energy, someone will get lucky
I'll keep my fingers crossed, legs and anything else I can crossed as well as pushing as much positive energy as I posibily can your way.

Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by philnorris
I'll keep my fingers crossed, legs and anything else I can crossed as well as pushing as much positive energy as I posibily can your way.

Thanks mate, sending the positive vibes right back at you and all others in the same boat
Positive energy!!!!!! (although I am crying a bit reading everyone's situations!)
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks mate, sending the positive vibes right back at you and all others in the same boat
Positive energy!!!!!! (although I am crying a bit reading everyone's situations!)
ooh no no no dont cry look forward to it, thats what I keep telling myself, thats what my agent keep saying too when I bug them ever other day about my application.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by philnorris
ooh no no no dont cry look forward to it, thats what I keep telling myself, thats what my agent keep saying too when I bug them ever other day about my application.
I know you're right, I'm just finding it hard today! I don't have an agent to harrass, just a CO who never replies to my polite enquiries regarding any news on the meds referral that they said would 'take about 3 weeks' at the start of August.
Just hoping it all works out for us and for everyone else on here, we're all in a bit of an odd place right now, aren't we?! Glad none of us are alone!
sod the diet, I'm off to get a BIG glass of wine, and list what else we have to sell
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: moving out..no meds..no visa

I know you're right, I'm just finding it hard today! I don't have an agent to harrass, just a CO who never replies to my polite enquiries regarding any news on the meds referral that they said would 'take about 3 weeks' at the start of August.
Just hoping it all works out for us and for everyone else on here, we're all in a bit of an odd place right now, aren't we?! Glad none of us are alone!
sod the diet, I'm off to get a BIG glass of wine, and list what else we have to sell
We know exactly where you are right now, my gf sat in her office today crying to what if we dont get it, what if we do and we cant find jobs what if the house sale falls through, it drives ya mad !!!! The good thing is we have each other to moan at and pull you through the hard times. Itll be worth it in the end think I will join ya with a wine or two

Phil and Amanda x