British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Moving fro the UK to Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/moving-fro-uk-australia-895058/)

Iainburstow Apr 6th 2017 2:42 pm

Moving fro the UK to Australia

Hi,

Hope everybody is well and enjoying the Expat lifestyle, I am looking at immigrating but am unsure how to do so, do I look for a job and try and secure employment? Contact recruitment companies in Australia, go through a immigration company or is there another way? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Iain

Pulaski Apr 6th 2017 2:48 pm

Re: Moving fro the UK to Australia

Welcome to BE. :)

What is your job/occupation, and what qualifications do you have?

Iainburstow Apr 6th 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks Palaski,

Im a Physical Education Lecturer at a Further Education College ( Students aged 16+)
Degree: BA Hons Sports Coaching
Certificate in Education
EHA (HOCKEY) Level 2 Coach (Head Coach Great Britain Womens College Hockey Team)
ECB Level 2 Cricket Coach
FA Level 2 Football Coach

Obviously Sport is my first love, but I am keen to broaden my knowledge base and wouldn't be adverse to a career change.

Dorothy Apr 6th 2017 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Iainburstow (Post 12223046)
Hi,

Hope everybody is well and enjoying the Expat lifestyle, I am looking at immigrating but am unsure how to do so, do I look for a job and try and secure employment? Contact recruitment companies in Australia, go through a immigration company or is there another way? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Iain

First thing to do is look at Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection to see if you qualify for any visas. Not everyone does, so start reading up and if you need help come back.

Iainburstow Apr 7th 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for the advice, I have looked at the AGDIBP website and I do have enough "points" but unfortunately my job isn't in demand, should I be looking to retrain?

verystormy Apr 8th 2017 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Iainburstow (Post 12223691)
Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for the advice, I have looked at the AGDIBP website and I do have enough "points" but unfortunately my job isn't in demand, should I be looking to retrain?

There are two issues with retraining. First, most occupations require 2-3 years post qualification experience. Second the lists of occupations change regularly with occupations being removed.

Dorothy Apr 8th 2017 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Iainburstow (Post 12223691)
Hi Dorothy,

How are you calculation your points? Can you give us a breakdown?

And second, please do not send personal messages asking for advice. I don't give personal advice on immigration and you asking is against site rules. (Read the stickies above)