moving to australia (perth)

Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

smells1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to australia (perth)

I am currently living with my partner and his family, we are hoping to move to australia (perth) as soon as possible, but its hard to no where to start we are not sure what we need to do to start the process. My partner is going to be a qualified motor mechanic in the next few months and I am a qualified child care worker. I am also not sure if my qualification will be recognised over there this is the qualification that i hold among others, level 3 cache diploma in child care and education, is there any one that can help or give us any advise that may be helpful its much appreciated. thanx.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:23 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: moving to australia (perth)

Welcome to BE!

Have you read thru the www.immi.gov.au site? This will clarify which visa would suit you best. Does your partner have the relevant work experience for him to qualify for a PR visa? Do you have recent work experience in Child Care? Is your occupation on the SOL? Who would qualify as the main applicant?
It may be worth contacting an agent for some advice as the 1st consultation is usually free.

Goodluck & hopefully someone else will be along soon with more answers for you
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Welcome to BE!

Have you read thru the www.immi.gov.au site? This will clarify which visa would suit you best. Does your partner have the relevant work experience for him to qualify for a PR visa? Do you have recent work experience in Child Care? Is your occupation on the SOL? Who would qualify as the main applicant?
It may be worth contacting an agent for some advice as the 1st consultation is usually free.

Goodluck & hopefully someone else will be along soon with more answers for you
no we havent looked at that websit but its deffinatley one to look at. I think my partner would be the the main applicant we are both experienced in our jobs, he has been working in his job for nearly 3 years now and i have been in mine for about a year. Thanx for your help.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smells1989
I am currently living with my partner and his family, we are hoping to move to australia (perth) as soon as possible, but its hard to no where to start we are not sure what we need to do to start the process. My partner is going to be a qualified motor mechanic in the next few months and I am a qualified child care worker. I am also not sure if my qualification will be recognised over there this is the qualification that i hold among others, level 3 cache diploma in child care and education, is there any one that can help or give us any advise that may be helpful its much appreciated. thanx.
Will PM you with some contact details of someone that may be able to help you.

Kind regards.
Old May 1st 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi, We have been lucky enough to have been granted our visa but are still waiting to sell the house, we went through the same process you will need to do!!! I am presuming you guys are not married?? If not you also have to prove your defacto relationship - for us this was more difficult than the trades assesment.... Any help and advise you need we will be glad to help out......
We are also moving to Perth (eventually)
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi, We have been lucky enough to have been granted our visa but are still waiting to sell the house, we went through the same process you will need to do!!! I am presuming you guys are not married?? If not you also have to prove your defacto relationship - for us this was more difficult than the trades assesment.... Any help and advise you need we will be glad to help out......
We are also moving to Perth (eventually)
Do you have any idea how we will prove our relationship we are engaged and living together so will it just be documents to prove it? How long have you been in the process for now? thanx for the help .
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Do you have any idea how we will prove our relationship we are engaged and living together so will it just be documents to prove it? How long have you been in the process for now? thanx for the help .
ill see if i can dig out the requirement list from our agent, follow it and your in - we got our visa 18 months ago with no problems, Just waiting for the house to sell........
Any questions just ask (the defacto bit is harder than the skills bit)

PM me for help - ill post again when i find the list!!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 12:50 pm
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

hello,

I had to prove my relationship with my fella as he's the main applicant. We had to provide bills to prove that we have lived together for more than a year, we had to write a statement about our relationship (where & when we met, our plans for the future, why we were married, etc), 2 friends / family members also had to write statements to state that we were a couple, and we had to send photos of us together at various social occasions.

My boyfriend had to send off all of his certificates to prove his qualifications and he had to show evidence of 5 years work experience

I hope that helps!
Old May 5th 2008, 12:51 pm
Loving Perth!

mand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to allmand-jim is a name known to all

We are also heading to Perth when the visa is approved!
Old May 5th 2008, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mand-jim
hello,

I had to prove my relationship with my fella as he's the main applicant. We had to provide bills to prove that we have lived together for more than a year, we had to write a statement about our relationship (where & when we met, our plans for the future, why we were married, etc), 2 friends / family members also had to write statements to state that we were a couple, and we had to send photos of us together at various social occasions.

My boyfriend had to send off all of his certificates to prove his qualifications and he had to show evidence of 5 years work experience

I hope that helps!
thanx thats a great help, wow we will have to do a lot then it shouldnt be a problem though im sure we will be able to get it sorted i guess u right though it sounds like it will be easier for my partner when it comes to the skills tests. Thank you for your help if there is any thing else that you think we should know then please get in contact thanx a lot.
Old May 7th 2008, 7:25 pm
Loving Perth!

thanx thats a great help, wow we will have to do a lot then it shouldnt be a problem though im sure we will be able to get it sorted i guess u right though it sounds like it will be easier for my partner when it comes to the skills tests. Thank you for your help if there is any thing else that you think we should know then please get in contact thanx a lot.
hello, it seems quite daunting to start with & feels as if you have to post so much proof but we found that most of the stuff was close to hand anyway
Good luck!
Old May 13th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mand-jim
hello,

I hope that helps!
hi
ye we had the same things to send it seems alot at first but like someone else says most of it is at hand we wrote a 8 page statement about our life together think it was a little long but just made sure everthing was in it we just kept thinkin of the end wot we would get out of it we lodged ours on the 10th april we just awaitin a case worker now and need to sell the house wont be to pleased if we get visa and then the house wont sell

carlz x