Wikiposts

Motor Mechanics TRA or Vetassess? Help

Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all
Default Motor Mechanics TRA or Vetassess? Help

Hi
Can anyone help we are trying to apply through the skilled route but are now confused which assessment center to use TRA or Vetasses.

My other half has City & Guilds qualifications so we thought it would be TRA but looking a vetessess its says anyone applying from UK?

Also does anyone have course sylabus for city & guilds motor vehicle mechanics craft studies part 1 & 2 we are willing to buy these from you!

Appreciate any help.

Frustrated Beccie
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Motor Mechanics TRA or Vetassess? Help

Hi, Did our application through TRA at the end of May, But this changed on 31/07/07, I understand all applications for UK Motor Mechanics now go through VETASSES. I really wouldnt have a clue whats involved with the new systeM and whether its easier or more difficult Im afraid, However I do understand that it may be more expensive. If you need any advice, By all means PM me but obviously I can only speak for what we did with TRA.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add, I do not have the sylabus for Years 1 & 2 Im afraid, Did your OH finish year 3?, If not you will probably be assesed on Work experience only, which is equivalent to TRA Pathway D, and this has now been removed from the TRA assesment.

Did your OH take City & Guilds 381, Motor Vehicle?, I did this and City & Guilds wanted £37.00 for each years sylabus, Luckilly I still had my coursework with my certificates so felt they wasnt needed to back up the application, But you can order them direct from the City & Guilds website, dont despair, Good luck and PM me if you need som eadvice, But like I say I dont have any knowledge of whats involved with VETASSES.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Thanks for the info, I will PM you if you don't mind, yes he did 381 & 382 3 year course, got all the certificates.

Will try and PM now.

Thanks again