Wikiposts

Mother in laws questions

Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Question Mother in laws questions

My mother in law would like to emigrate also and has asked me to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind. She is 72 years old
1, She has a disability and claims disability allowence, would she get through a medical?
2, would she be able to claim disability allowence upon arrival?
3, would she get a uk state pension
4, Would we be able to sponser her as soon as we get there or do we have to wait for citizenship first?
I hope you will be able to help or give me an idea where to look for the answers.
Thanks for any help
Jackie
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mother in laws questions

Originally Posted by jwood
My mother in law would like to emigrate also and has asked me to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind. She is 72 years old
1, She has a disability and claims disability allowence, would she get through a medical?
2, would she be able to claim disability allowence upon arrival?
3, would she get a uk state pension
4, Would we be able to sponser her as soon as we get there or do we have to wait for citizenship first?
I hope you will be able to help or give me an idea where to look for the answers.
Thanks for any help
Jackie
Does she meet the balance of family test?....if not then it would be very difficult.

If she does then you could sponsor after 2 years residency.

She may well fail the medical especially if she is going to cost a fair amount in support, healthcare etc.....she would not be entitled to any Australian disability benefit.

She would be eligible for her UK pension but it would be frozen at the level it is when she leaves the UK.

The contributory parent visa has fees of around $30000 and you would also need to act as assurer.

However, that is all irrelevant if she fails the balance of family test

G
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Grayling;5389804]Does she meet the balance of family test?....if not then it would be very difficult.

If she does then you could sponsor after 2 years residency.

We only got our visa's in July 07 so would it still be 2 years residency as they changed this time scale didn't they?

She may well fail the medical especially if she is going to cost a fair amount in support, healthcare etc.....she would not be entitled to any Australian disability benefit.

Thats what i thought

She would be eligible for her UK pension but it would be frozen at the level it is when she leaves the UK.

The contributory parent visa has fees of around $30000 and you would also need to act as assurer.

However, that is all irrelevant if she fails the balance of family test

COLOR="Red"]Hi
My mother in law would meet the balance of family test as she has 3 son's, 2 who will be living in Oz and 1 living in Wales. She also has a grandson in Perth who's gilfriend is due to have a baby.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need to be a citizen to sponsor but you need to be considered 'settled'....usually 2 years.....you would also need 2 years tax returns to act as sponsor.

If she already has a son in Australia then he could sponsor her.

The real hurdle may be the medical

Good luck

G
Old Oct 5th 2007, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Her grandson has been there almost 2 years, her 1 son is going as soon as the house completes and we are going end of november now. I have mentioned to my hubby that she may well fail a medical but he has'nt plucked up the courage to tell her as she will be devastated. We are trying to let her down jently. It's just that she keeps asking me questions i think i know the answer to but feel it's better coming from her son.
I was wondering, could she come over on a holiday visa for say 6 months then apply for a permenent visa whilst she's holidaying?
thanks jackie
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Be interesting to see response for this, not that I advocate the blissful accompanyment of my Monster in Law, but she has asked, if she could come out each year on a 6 month long holiday, during our winter time, and then return back to uk.

Just to hark back to your post, did you say one son is in Wales?
Isnt that classed as last remaining relative, meaning she cannot move on that basis?

Good Luck Steve
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Just to hark back to your post, did you say one son is in Wales?
Isnt that classed as last remaining relative, meaning she cannot move on that basis?
'Last remaining relative' is a visa category for eligibility to migrate to Australia.

It applies to someone who's family have all migrated and who wishes to rejoin them.

It has no bearing in this case.

As for applying onshore....I really have no idea...best talk to an agent.

G
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I have no family in the UK. I have 30+ cousins in Oz, but my agent said I didn't qualify for a last remaining relative visa. Is this true?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I have no family in the UK. I have 30+ cousins in Oz, but my agent said I didn't qualify for a last remaining relative visa. Is this true?

Are you married?....and does your partner have relatives in the UK?

Do you have any relatives in the UK (or any other country).

It is not an easy category.

I am not sure cousins are close enough relatives to count.

G
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Are you married?....and does your partner have relatives in the UK?

Do you have any relatives in the UK (or any other country).

It is not an easy category.

I am not sure cousins are close enough relatives to count.

G
Hi - Yes I'm married and all my OH's family are in the UK and they are closer relatives than my cousins.

I have no other family anywhere in the World but Oz.

My cousins are 2nd cousins. My grandmother's sister went out as a £10 pom. My family moved out but came back. Sadly they all died and there is only me left. No family on th other side either.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Hi - Yes I'm married and all my OH's family are in the UK and they are closer relatives than my cousins.

I have no other family anywhere in the World but Oz.

My cousins are 2nd cousins. My grandmother's sister went out as a £10 pom. My family moved out but came back. Sadly they all died and there is only me left. No family on th other side either.

Cousins are not close enough relatives and your OH has relatives in the UK.

Therefore, As I read it, you do not qualify as 'last remaining relative':

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/835/index.htm

I am no expert though....best consult an agent.

G
Old Oct 5th 2007, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
Cousins are not close enough relatives and your OH has relatives in the UK.

Therefore, As I read it, you do not qualify as 'last remaining relative':

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/835/index.htm

I am no expert though....best consult an agent.

G

Thanks Grayling! We thought the agent would be correct, but when we saw this thread, we wondered.......

We are going for a conventional visa, but will of course tell DIAC about all these rellies!

I am also led to beleive that the vice premier is my distant cousin on my father's side! One of my great, great uncles went out there and al his descendants are my cousins too. Do you think that would help my application. LOL.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:31 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Grayling! We thought the agent would be correct, but when we saw this thread, we wondered.......

We are going for a conventional visa, but will of course tell DIAC about all these rellies!

I am also led to beleive that the vice premier is my distant cousin on my father's side! One of my great, great uncles went out there and al his descendants are my cousins too. Do you think that would help my application. LOL.
AUSSIE POLITICIANS , BRIBE-ABLE ????
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
AUSSIE POLITICIANS , BRIBE-ABLE ????

Could be????