Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

More than 6 weeks from CO to visa with all frontloaded at time of CO assignment??

More than 6 weeks from CO to visa with all frontloaded at time of CO assignment??

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: More than 6 weeks from CO to visa with all frontloaded at time of CO assignment??

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i actually chased my agent to chase the ASPC manager to chase the CO. LOL
i waited 4 months from CO to grant.
I hope my wait is not going to be this long. I got the impression from my agent that he is not in a position to chase our CO... As I trust my agent a lot and think he is very ethical and professional in his actions, I guess it is back to waiting then...again...
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:31 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More than 6 weeks from CO to visa with all frontloaded at time of CO assignment??

Originally Posted by vlooi
I hope my wait is not going to be this long. I got the impression from my agent that he is not in a position to chase our CO... As I trust my agent a lot and think he is very ethical and professional in his actions, I guess it is back to waiting then...again...
when the wait is too long, you have no choice but to chase them, especially if the waiting period has exceeded the published processing standards. in total, i got my visa 16 mos. from application lodgment date which is more than the 15-month standard for applicants from 'high-risk' countries. my agent chased ASPC on that basis.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by commonwealth
when the wait is too long, you have no choice but to chase them, especially if the waiting period has exceeded the published processing standards. in total, i got my visa 16 mos. from application lodgment date which is more than the 15-month standard for applicants from 'high-risk' countries. my agent chased ASPC on that basis.
This makes sense yes. Although we are only 11 months down the line, I started getting worried when I noticed that a few of my fellow countrymen (which is obviously also considered high risk country applicants of course) already got their visas with application and CO dates after our respective dates..