Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

More skilled visas made available to London

More skilled visas made available to London

Old Apr 5th 2002, 2:35 am
Alan Collett

Default More skilled visas made available to London

More news here: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=169

No doubt this will be good news for many ....

Alan Collett Member of the Migration Institute of Australia, Number 1230 Registered
Migration Agent Number 0102534 and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
in England & Wales Managing Director - The Go Matilda Trading Company Limited W
www.gomatilda.com E alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com Offices at Enterprise House, Ocean
Village, Southampton, Hampshire, England, SO14 3XB. - T +44 (0)2380 488777, and Level
5, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia - T +61 (0)3 8530 7030 "There are
no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"

Old Apr 5th 2002, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

almey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: More skilled visas made available to London

I applied Nov 200 and so far have been advised by my agent to wait until I am asked for the medicals, this would appear to be bad advise, it seems playing by the rules will not work.
Should I undertake the medicals now or is it too late to benefit from this added quota?

Thanks for the update

Steve
Old Apr 5th 2002, 7:11 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for your update.

We applied in January 2001.

We submitted our medicals last April and re did our Police checks in November (they were due to run out in January) does this mean we should hear before the end of June. Not raising my hopes too much but it would be great if we did. We could be in Oz for this Christmas after all!!!

Susan (with everything crossed)
Old Apr 5th 2002, 9:35 am
Wardy

"Alan Collett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. au>...
    > More news here: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=169
    >
    > No doubt this will be good news for many ....

Thanks for the posting, Alan. Really encouraging news!! Caryn & Tony

Old Apr 5th 2002, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

almey is an unknown quantity at this point

Not only front loaded as article states, we did not do this and had the phone call this morning asking for medicals and saying visa would be forthcoming before June, they have lots by the sounds of it.....
Old Apr 5th 2002, 1:05 pm
Bigman

to quote
    >>>
"We are advised that visas will be granted under the 136-skilled independent
category, and are to be granted to those applicants who had front-end loaded their
applications - in other words those who have submitted their medicals and police
reports with their application."
    >>>

so it looks like it IS beneficial to send your police and medical checks with the
application after all !!!! should i go and get mine done then?

and if you send your application to Adelaide is it still dealt with by London or is
the London office just finishing the applications that were already in the pipeline
before it all changed to Adleaide?

bigman

"Alan Collett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > More news here: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=169
    >
    > No doubt this will be good news for many ....
    >
    >
    >
    > Alan Collett Member of the Migration Institute of Australia, Number 1230 Registered
    > Migration Agent Number 0102534 and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered
    > Accountants in England & Wales Managing Director - The Go Matilda Trading Company
    > Limited W www.gomatilda.com E alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com Offices at Enterprise
    > House, Ocean Village, Southampton, Hampshire,
England,
    > SO14 3XB. - T +44 (0)2380 488777, and Level 5, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004,
    > Australia - T +61 (0)3 8530 7030 "There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"