Wikiposts

MODL visa applications

Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:49 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default MODL visa applications

Now that there are more occupations added to the MODL, can anyone confirm if it will speed up applications?

Trish
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:15 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MODL visa applications

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Now that there are more occupations added to the MODL, can anyone confirm if it will speed up applications?

Trish

It should do as you are given priority over other applicants not on the MODL.
However, again it will depend whether your application is pretty straight forward or not

Donna.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:20 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I have been quoted 10 to 12 weeks for my med request but i think that is the same for MODL and non MODL

They seem to be on par with each other at the moment

Rob

Originally Posted by madsad
However, again it will depend whether your application is pretty straight forward or not

Donna.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:37 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Re: MODL visa applications

Originally Posted by madsad

Donna.
It could also slow things down to!

You could get more people applying now and unless they have more staff to cope with the demand it could hold things up.

R
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:43 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss

You could get more people applying now and unless they have more staff to cope with the demand it could hold things up.

R

I dont think it could hold things up anymore than what all the pre-julyers had & are still going through?

Donna.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:51 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Ummmmmm!

Yes you are right....but....surely the aim is to speed up the application process which they have done considrably for post July 2004 applicants?

The average visa grant seems to be coming through now between 3 and 4 months

Rob

R
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:32 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: MODL visa applications

Ummmmmm!

Yes you are right....but....surely the aim is to speed up the application process which they have done considrably for post July 2004 applicants?

The average visa grant seems to be coming through now between 3 and 4 months

Rob
Agreed, and I do hope the whole process is a lot quicker too. I am sure time will tell.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:36 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed, and I do hope the whole process is a lot quicker too. I am sure time will tell.
Yes, me too...
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:11 pm
marty.d

Trish
Only if the DIMIA employ more people to deal specifically with the increase in modl applications, it may remain the same or even longer if it is status quo. Think it's a case of wait and see really, for my sake and many others I hope it is quicker!!! But my gut feeling is it will be a case of sitting and waiting for the good news, this means days of checking mail, running to the phone, etc, etc, etc....... Good Luck All.......

marty.d

Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:58 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, me too...
hi All

As the timeline shows there were not much anymore between modl and non modl its just more points or less

Its getting quicker by the day. Soon I hope to see an electronic system where people can keep track of applications.

cheer
Badri
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Amanda Vanstone said :

The increase will target employer sponsored migration, state/region sponsored migration, or migrants who have an occupation on an expanded and more responsive Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).

‘To help industry better address migration-related skills and labour issues, the Government will fund the out-posting of ten DIMIA staff to key industry bodies to provide expert support to their members.’

A big 10 eh! ...lol, but they'll help surely ?!?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:03 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Amanda Vanstone said :

The increase will target employer sponsored migration, state/region sponsored migration, or migrants who have an occupation on an expanded and more responsive Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).

‘To help industry better address migration-related skills and labour issues, the Government will fund the out-posting of ten DIMIA staff to key industry bodies to provide expert support to their members.’

A big 10 eh! ...lol, but they'll help surely ?!?
Jim these 10 are to bring registered migration agents upto speed with the changes NOT to speed up application times. Well thats what i make but correct me if i am wrong. Sorry to put a downer on it.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
Jim these 10 are to bring registered migration agents upto speed with the changes NOT to speed up application times. Well thats what i make but correct me if i am wrong. Sorry to put a downer on it.
Fair enough, no downer mate.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:13 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Definatly getting quicker post July.....even for non MODL applications.

Fingers crossed, we should get our visas by the end of July this year (MODL)

Rob

Originally Posted by badri
hi All

As the timeline shows there were not much anymore between modl and non modl its just more points or less

Its getting quicker by the day. Soon I hope to see an electronic system where people can keep track of applications.

cheer
Badri