Wikiposts

MODL points

Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough
Default MODL points

I have read that the MODL points were going to increase from the 1st July. I have checked out DIMIA's website and they are still 15 with job offer and 10 without. I looked at the electronic version of booklet 6 and the link to MODL.

Is this because the website is still not up to date or are the points staying at this?

Thanks
Primrose
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:09 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MODL points

Originally posted by primrose
I have read that the MODL points were going to increase from the 1st July. I have checked out DIMIA's website and they are still 15 with job offer and 10 without. I looked at the electronic version of booklet 6 and the link to MODL.

Is this because the website is still not up to date or are the points staying at this?

Thanks
Primrose
Primrose, I heard that the MODL points *might* increase at some point during the Oz financial year (starting 1st July). Basically it depends on the number of visa grants they give out. To cut a long story short, if you meet the requirements for a visa (points, etc) then it is law that they MUST grant you a visa. Therefore they control numbers by changing the requirements. This financial year, if numbers are low due to the points increase in April, then perhaps DIMIA will increase the number of points available for MODL occupations to increase the numbers.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:32 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Primrose, I heard that the MODL points *might* increase at some point during the Oz financial year (starting 1st July). Basically it depends on the number of visa grants they give out. To cut a long story short, if you meet the requirements for a visa (points, etc) then it is law that they MUST grant you a visa. Therefore they control numbers by changing the requirements. This financial year, if numbers are low due to the points increase in April, then perhaps DIMIA will increase the number of points available for MODL occupations to increase the numbers.
Hi WM,

No, I just checked the legislation and it's 15 without a job offer and 20 with a job offer. But your other comments about how they regulate the flow are partly correct - the other way they regulate flow is speeding or slowing processing.

cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi WM,

No, I just checked the legislation and it's 15 without a job offer and 20 with a job offer. But your other comments about how they regulate the flow are partly correct - the other way they regulate flow is speeding or slowing processing.

cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Thanks George,
So do I assume their website is not up to speed yet?
I am a nurse and currently have 115 points, we were going to go down the STNI route or pay the $100,000 bond, but if the MODL points increase will not have to do either of these.
I am not ready to apply yet as still waiting my ANC modified assessment, but I was going to start filling in the visa application, so that I am prepared for its return.

Thanks
Primrose
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks
Primrose

Just checked DIMIA website and the details about MODL points in booklet 6 have changed overnight. They are 20 with job and 15 without. But their link to MODL points still has the old values on.

That brings be back up 120 points (unless they move the goalposts again before I apply)

I'm currently printing off all the new forms so that I can have them filled in ready for the return of my ANC assessment.

Thanks again

Primrose
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

K S Adityan is an unknown quantity at this point

That brings be back up 120 points (unless they move the goalposts again before I apply)

Primrose
Perhaps you should also pray that they don't move the goal posts after you lodge the immigration application as allocation of MODL points is done at the time of assessment by ASPC. Since yours would be a priority processed application and nurses are needed aplenty in Australia, I guess the MODL would stay as such for the foreseeable future. Good luck.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:42 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Moving the goal posts seems to be a favorite pass time for them!

Originally posted by K S Adityan
Perhaps you should also pray that they don't move the goal posts after you lodge the immigration application as allocation of MODL points is done at the time of assessment by ASPC. Since yours would be a priority processed application and nurses are needed aplenty in Australia, I guess the MODL would stay as such for the foreseeable future. Good luck.