MODL - application lodged or assessed

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough
Default MODL - application lodged or assessed

hi,

i am currently in australia on 457 visa and about to submit 175 visa application. My occupation is currently on MODL, DIAC website states that points for MODL will be awarded if occupation is on MODL at the time visa application is lodged or assessed.

my question is what if MODL changes after i apply but before the visa is granted or assessed...whether will i be granted MODL points..???...anybody had this case before....

thanks alot
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:16 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice
Default Re: MODL - application lodged or assessed

Originally Posted by slippery30
hi,

i am currently in australia on 457 visa and about to submit 175 visa application. My occupation is currently on MODL, DIAC website states that points for MODL will be awarded if occupation is on MODL at the time visa application is lodged or assessed.

my question is what if MODL changes after i apply but before the visa is granted or assessed...whether will i be granted MODL points..???...anybody had this case before....

thanks alot
Hi slippery,

I asked the exact same question on here when I submitted my 175 and was told that if your occupation is listed on MODL when you apply, then you are safe even if it is removed from the list while you are waiting for approval.

I am sure someone else will post on here to confirm,

Good luck with it all,

Lil
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hi slippery,

I asked the exact same question on here when I submitted my 175 and was told that if your occupation is listed on MODL when you apply, then you are safe even if it is removed from the list while you are waiting for approval.

I am sure someone else will post on here to confirm,

Good luck with it all,

Lil
thanks for reply....so where r u from ireland?...i lived in dublin for many months...and now in australia on 457...miss ireland sometimes still..ppl there were nice..i made many friends...miss them alot..
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

Its my understanding that the 'lodged or assessed' means that if your occupation is on the MODL list when you apply then you will get the points, even if it is later removed.
In addition, if your occupation is not MODL when you apply but is subsequently added to the list before you are assessed then you will be given the extra points at assessment time.

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:53 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by slippery30
thanks for reply....so where r u from ireland?...i lived in dublin for many months...and now in australia on 457...miss ireland sometimes still..ppl there were nice..i made many friends...miss them alot..
I'm from Cork and itching to get outta here to be honest, moved back from Oz two years ago after an amazing year there and I can't wait to get back.

Dublin is great, country is not doing so well at the moment though, I'm sure it will recover but I'm not waiting to find out! What frustrates me is that people here always complain about the weather, now they complain about the weather and the recession! It is the way it is, get on with it and stop moaning and groaning I say, as you can imagine I am not the most popular around here, lots prefer to wallow in self pity

Originally Posted by RobertC
Its my understanding that the 'lodged or assessed' means that if your occupation is on the MODL list when you apply then you will get the points, even if it is later removed.
In addition, if your occupation is not MODL when you apply but is subsequently added to the list before you are assessed then you will be given the extra points at assessment time.

Hey Robert,

That's interesting, didn't realise you would get the MODL points after applying, I suppose it's not that important as one should have sufficient points before applying anyway.

I noticed that Alan Collett advised you to contact DIAC, do you reckon you will? I definitely think it is worth a try, it might give you peace of mind.

Keep me posted,
Lil
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

I noticed that Alan Collett advised you to contact DIAC, do you reckon you will? I definitely think it is worth a try, it might give you peace of mind.

Keep me posted,
Lil
Hi Lil,

We've used to online query form to check to see if we have a CO but the generic response just came back saying that they are up to 11th December 2007 and it will be some time yet.

Tried phoning but haven't got through yet

I also lodged a complaint on their system for misleading information as their generic response stated that they process in order and quite clearly they do not, no response on that so far.

Sent another online query today to check application status and try to get our 'File ID' but it will be a week before anything comes of that.

I'll gradually get more persistent with the phone calls, even if I have to sit waiting for hours as we really need that visa to come through soon.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:06 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting, didn't realise you would get the MODL points after applying, I suppose it's not that important as one should have sufficient points before applying anyway.
That only works for those, whose applications have been pooled due to insufficient points. If you have lodged with enough points as it is, having extra for the MODL would not change neither processing speed, nor eventual outcome.

NJ
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:09 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Originally Posted by newjersey
That only works for those, whose applications have been pooled due to insufficient points.
Gotta ya. That makes sense. What a crap postion to be in, I wonder if many applications get pooled, it would take limbo to a whole new level.