Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

MLTSSL Management Accountant - UK looking to move to Aus

MLTSSL Management Accountant - UK looking to move to Aus

Old Dec 15th 2018, 10:15 am
Just Joined

jordanhall4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MLTSSL Management Accountant - UK looking to move to Aus

Hello all,

I am considering a move to Australia within the next couple of years to gain some international work and life experience.

I am a 25 year old British citizen, hold a 1st class degree in Marketing with Finance and have spent the last 3 years working in Commercial Finance at Virgin Media. I have reviewed the Australian Skilled Occupation list and I'm not entirely sure I quality for automatic entry.

Whilst I surpass the requisite number of points to move to Australia, from research online it looks like my "skills" would limit me to only being able to move through an existing job offer or family sponsorship. I'm concerned that gaining a job offer whilst i'm in the UK for a role in Australia would limit my opportunities and be more work for a prospective employer to recruit me. Whilst I have some second cousins in Perth, WA - I believe this is not a close enough relationship to qualify for family sponsorship.

The only occupation that feels about right, albeit not in it's entirety and could qualify me for automatic entry is a Management Accountant. My experience fulfils some (and I stress, some) of the tasks associated with the occupation listed on the visa bureau site (Sorry I'm unable to post a link). Particularly the final point - "may appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects" This is something I do on a daily basis.

I was wondering if the readers of this forum would be able to assist me. I am suffering from information overload in researching myself and would like some help in understanding whether I would qualify as a management accountant. I have included an attachment of a job description to my current job in the UK.

The final consideration is that I do not hold any formal accounting qualification, i'd be relying on my experience in the field.

Many thanks and I look forward to receiving your responses.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Commercial Manager - JD.pdf (161.7 KB, 45 views)
Old Dec 15th 2018, 11:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MLTSSL Management Accountant - UK looking to move to Aus

Never mind what's on the Visa Bureau site. The only site you should be looking at for official information is the DIBP site www.immi.gov.au
Old Dec 15th 2018, 11:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jordan, welcome to BE

Can't help with the requirements for your profession, but have you considered a 417 (work/holiday) visa? You meet the age and nationality requirements. This visa allows you to travel and work in Australia for one year, and if you do 'specified work' for 3 months of that year you can apply for another year while you're still in Oz. The 417 does restrict you to a maximum of 6 months with any one employer, but it's a great opportunity to see the country and maybe talk with some companies about the future. Details here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...rk-holiday-417
Old Dec 15th 2018, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Hello Spouse of Scouse,

Yes I've considered the working holiday visa, but I'm reluctant to progress it, as it will likely result in a set back in my career. I've spoken with a couple of organisations in Sydney about employment opportunities on this visa and they all said the same thing - They would be against employing me on this visa due to the 6 month limit per employer.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Not sure the passive aggressive comment was necessary regarding Visa Bureau. I have done my research and considered the information on Visa Bureau alongside the official Australian Government website.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 1:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordanhall4
Hello Spouse of Scouse,

Yes I've considered the working holiday visa, but I'm reluctant to progress it, as it will likely result in a set back in my career. I've spoken with a couple of organisations in Sydney about employment opportunities on this visa and they all said the same thing - They would be against employing me on this visa due to the 6 month limit per employer.
If you want to work as a Management Accountant in Australia, and the job is on the appropriate skilled occupation list, you'll need to get your skills assessed before doing anything else. Info relevant to that profession here https://www.charteredaccountantsanz....ia-immigration

Dorothy wasn't being 'passive aggressive', she was giving you good advice. Many people who seek information here have done their initial research on a commercial visa site rather than the official government one, and as a consequence have obtained incorrect information.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 1:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure the passive aggressive comment was necessary regarding Visa Bureau. I have done my research and considered the information on Visa Bureau alongside the official Australian Government website.
My reply wasn't passive aggressive. It was meant to steer you toward the official website for the immigration department. You're looking for advice on immigration. I provided the link.

You're welcome.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 3:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Many migration agent sites have details which are not correct, outdated, irrelevant, or plain stupid. On here we have seen them all. The Visa Bureau may or may not have a reputable MARA agent on their books, but you still need to check the offcial government site. That IS the point of truth
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about getting qualifications in accounting if your degree isn't adequate for accounting purposes? Then you may hope that accounting is still on the skills list by the time you're qualified - it's one of those occupation that is constantly expected to go off the list.