Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Minister's announcement on GSM visas – 8 February 2010

Minister's announcement on GSM visas – 8 February 2010

Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Minister's announcement on GSM visas – 8 February 2010

Originally Posted by Shereen
Wilson, also if you look at the highlighted text, Why would they say: "all visa applicants on or after this date" and "except to GSM applicants who at 8/2/10 have a pending GSM application" in the same sentence? Looks clear to me that in above sentence "this date" refers to '8/2/10'
I agree with you Shereen, the date is 8th Feb 2010. However, with them stating the new SOL would commence mid 2010 and use the words after this date, it has caused a lot of confusion. However, I would still say to people that if they can apply now then do so. I only applied end of December so Im only 5 - 6 weeks into my lodgement.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road

State migration plan is irrelevant to what i asked Joe.
besides the workpermit visa, the SS-176/ssr will be the lucrative visa on GSM level. so in the future for most of the applicants will look for it. i m oversure about this.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Can you provide a written evidence on what you are talking about new SOL and implications on existing GSM applications? by the way my name is "Shereen"
Sorry Shereen for mis-spelling your name, but here is your written evidence.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...df/faq-sol.pdf

Below is an excerpt from the above article.

Q 4 When will the new SOL come into effect?
It is expected that the new SOL will be announced by
30 April 2010 and placed on the Department of
Immigration and Citizenship website and take effect from
mid-2010
. Publication of the new SOL in advance of it
taking affect is designed to assist clients.

Transitional arrangements
Q 6 Who will the new SOL apply to?
The new SOL will apply to all new GSM applicants from
mid-2010, except those applicants who, at 8 February
2010:
• hold a Skilled—Graduate (subclass 485) visa, or
had a pending subclass 485 visa application and
had not yet lodged an application for a provisional or
permanent GSM visa and who make an application
by 31 December 2012, or
• had a pending GSM visa application.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz

mid-2010

2010:
by 31 December 2012, or
Yes, it means that DIAC will start to implement the changes in June/July but if you are not on the SOL or did not have your application lodged before 8th Feb then????????????????????????????????

Last edited by wilson01; Feb 10th 2010 at 11:07 am. Reason: to make more sense. Not that most want a sensible answer!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:05 am
Banned

Shereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura about

mid-2010

2010:
by 31 December 2012, or

hmmmm, it says "New SOL take effect from mid-2010" & also below it states "The new SOL will apply to all new GSM applicants from mid-2010, except those applicants who, at 8 February 2010: had a pending GSM visa application" ...

So, what does this sound like? ofcourse, new SOL will take effect on all GSM applications lodged after 8 Feb 2010

Im tired of explaining a sentence to you

Last edited by Shereen; Feb 10th 2010 at 10:07 am.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

The statement is cystal clear. All it says is that new SOL will apply from mid-2010, and it will not apply to some ppl even after this date, and these ppl are who already have got a graduate visa 485 as of 8th Feb,2010. These ppl have the option to use old SOL until december 2012. Hope it makes sense.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Could I respectfully suggest to those of you who are confused that maybe you should be engaging with registered migration agents, at least to ascertain where you now stand, instead of going round in circles?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

I request some senior member, like Dorothy , to please help me here. I guress ppl are more likely to listen to a senior memeber.

Regards
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I request some senior member, like Dorothy , to please help me here. I guress ppl are more likely to listen to a senior memeber.

Regards
What do you want me to say? I'm a secretary at a hospital, not a migration agent. Do what Pollyana says and contact a registered migration agent.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:08 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can positive ACS applicant apply?-Very Shocking

Thank you Believer and Joe,
I am sorry if I made a wrong statement. But, look at below excerpts from SOL-FAQ. What do you understand?

"Q 12 If I apply for a GSM visa in April 2010, will I be subject to the new SOL?
No, as the new SOL does not commence until mid-2010."

"Q 6 Who will the new SOL apply to?
:
by 31 December 2012, or
had a pending GSM visa application."

From the above excerpt, i understood that SOL will come into effect on all GSM visas lodged after 8/2/2010
Shereen,

It's because of this inconsistency that the Department has been asked for clarification. We are expecting a ruling on the issue in the next few days, and when that comes out I'll let everyone here know.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:10 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What do you want me to say? I'm a secretary at a hospital, not a migration agent. Do what Pollyana says and contact a registered migration agent.
But a very fine secretary, I'm sure.

Bring back the chip, seems it had some metaphorical purpose after all :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:14 am
Banned

Shereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura aboutShereen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Can positive ACS applicant apply?-Very Shocking

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Shereen,

It's because of this inconsistency that the Department has been asked for clarification. We are expecting a ruling on the issue in the next few days, and when that comes out I'll let everyone here know.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thank you george, our saviour!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
But a very fine secretary, I'm sure.

Bring back the chip, seems it had some metaphorical purpose after all :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard
Yes, George I'm a very fine secretary. It's a second career after my first 20 year career and a very brief foray into your line of work.

The chip and the mood ring. I'll see if I can find the picture for you.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Me thinks that the Mods on this board do a good job (and a free one) given the expectations of some posters here.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:22 am
Just Joined

leo_mean_lion is an unknown quantity at this point

NO, NO AND NO. If a new SOL comes in mid 2010, it won't effect your application, it is plain as that.
Shreen ! how can new SOL comes into effect from 8th Feb, it is not even out yet?.... Salman, to be brutally honest, I would expect little bit more intelligence from a potential Australian skilled migrant...Sorry I dint mean to offend.......Good luck

Regards.
yes u r right, common sense says as what u said but what does it mean

2010:
by 31 December 2012, or
• had a pending GSM visa application."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.