British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   migration from VE 176 to 175 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/migration-ve-176-175-a-666035/)

mimiltonme Apr 29th 2010 7:19 am

migration from VE 176 to 175

Hi all,

I already applied in april for 176 (SA SS) visa online and uploaded docs. While processing the state sponsorship in march-april I sat again for IELTS to get 7 in each band. And today I got the result of 7/each.

Now as i already applied for 176, is it worthy to migrate from 176 to 175. I know the main difference is for 175 its open to any place in AU. If migartion is possible then how to do it and is there any cost involvment.

Pls guide....

double00 Apr 29th 2010 7:28 am

Re: migration from VE 176 to 175

Originally Posted by mimiltonme (Post 8529708)
Hi all,

I already applied in april for 176 (SA SS) visa online and uploaded docs. While processing the state sponsorship in march-april I sat again for IELTS to get 7 in each band. And today I got the result of 7/each.

Now as i already applied for 176, is it worthy to migrate from 176 to 175. I know the main difference is for 175 its open to any place in AU. If migartion is possible then how to do it and is there any cost involvment.

Pls guide....

I think u can change it but i personally think u shouldnt be allowed to change coz doing that u will screwing some other guyz chances who could have used the state sponsorship quota that went to you. He maybe hanging with 110 points. Seriouly state should starting getting serious about this issue.

spike9692001 May 3rd 2010 8:28 am

Hi does anyone Know processing times for the 175 visa. I sent my application in after my 457 sposored visa fell through due the the company i was supposed to be working for. My application has been in nearly 14 months and its at the same status when i check online as it was at the start. I have sent several emails to DIAC but all i seem to get is an automated response with a promised response in 5 days which never happens. Any advice would be greatfull thanks spike

Bermudashorts May 3rd 2010 8:31 am

Originally Posted by spike9692001 (Post 8538551)
Hi does anyone Know processing times for the 175 visa. I sent my application in after my 457 sposored visa fell through due the the company i was supposed to be working for. My application has been in nearly 14 months and its at the same status when i check online as it was at the start. I have sent several emails to DIAC but all i seem to get is an automated response with a promised response in 5 days which never happens. Any advice would be greatfull thanks spike

If you are not on CSL then I am afraid the latest official processing time is estimated as 2012.