Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Migration Amendment Regulations Issued - Details of New SIR Visa Confirmed

Wikiposts

Migration Amendment Regulations Issued - Details of New SIR Visa Confirmed

Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:16 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Migration Amendment Regulations Issued - Details of New SIR Visa Confirmed

The legislative amendments to the Migration Regulations, including details pertaining to the Skilled Independent Regional visa have now been published.

My summary is here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=307

The Federal Government will now most probably say it has provided a mechanism for the States and Territories to encourage people to move to the regions and low growth areas ... and so now we have to wait for the State and Territory Governments to introduce procedures whereby intending SIR visa applicants can apply for sponsorship.

I'm sure this will be of interest to some ...

Best regards.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Amendment Regulations Issued - Details of New SIR Visa Confirmed

Originally posted by Alan Collett
The legislative amendments to the Migration Regulations, including details pertaining to the Skilled Independent Regional visa have now been published.

My summary is here:

The Federal Government will now most probably say it has provided a mechanism for the States and Territories to encourage people to move to the regions and low growth areas ... and so now we have to wait for the State and Territory Governments to introduce procedures whereby intending SIR visa applicants can apply for sponsorship.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan for all the news on SIR.

Do you know when they will be releasing the new skills in demand list.
Do you expect it to be alot different from the current STNI lists fron SA, VIC & Taz.

Regards

Graham
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:09 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Amendment Regulations Issued - Details of New SIR Visa Confirmed

Hello Graham.

In short, no, I don't know when more information as to regional occupations will be released.

As to the nature of the occupations - if the State Governments are receiving accurate feedback for the preparation of the occupations wanted for the purpose of a State Nomination (and it would be fair to say that this is a big if) I wouldn't expect to see many new occupations on what I might call the SIR list.

Watch this space (and Go Matilda News) for more info as and when I know of it ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by Gravyman
Thanks Alan for all the news on SIR.

Do you know when they will be releasing the new skills in demand list.
Do you expect it to be alot different from the current STNI lists fron SA, VIC & Taz.

Regards

Graham
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mr. Alan,

Is there any impact (positive or negative) on 139 VISA due to the new legislative amendments to the Migration Regulations ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:27 pm
Migration Agent

Not so far as I know ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by flowerkris
Dear Mr. Alan,

Is there any impact (positive or negative) on 139 VISA due to the new legislative amendments to the Migration Regulations ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Alan, are you expecting something soon on the new retiree visa too?

Cheers,

HB x
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:56 pm
Migration Agent

I think that any changes to the retiree visa pathways are now most likely to come through on 1st November, HB ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by HugoB
Alan, are you expecting something soon on the new retiree visa too?

Cheers,

HB x
Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:24 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

My summary is here:

Best regards.
Hi Alan,
At this present scenario do you think the STNI visa subclass 137 would be stopped after July 1st.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The STNI visa continues to exist after 1 July.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Prince1975
Hi Alan,
At this present scenario do you think the STNI visa subclass 137 would be stopped after July 1st.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:50 pm
Migration Agent

Agreed.

Best regards.

Originally posted by JAJ
The STNI visa continues to exist after 1 July.

Jeremy
Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Hi all

We had the Assistant Director of Immigration SA over here in NZ for a few days, invited her over to market to business migrants in NZ who can not now get PR or any other visa.

She was asked about the SIR visa and responded that SA were all set to go and had a fact sheet to go up on the Immigration SA as soon as the Federal Govt signed off.

She is still on the plane home as I type and will no doubt set things in motion for SA as soon as she gets back.

Keep and eye on Immigration SA website today....

Cheers from NZ

Hello Graham.

In short, no, I don't know when more information as to regional occupations will be released.

As to the nature of the occupations - if the State Governments are receiving accurate feedback for the preparation of the occupations wanted for the purpose of a State Nomination (and it would be fair to say that this is a big if) I wouldn't expect to see many new occupations on what I might call the SIR list.

Watch this space (and Go Matilda News) for more info as and when I know of it ...

Best regards.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Heath17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone (possibly Alan) advise as to the potentail problems anticipated with the SIR visa for gaining employment with Australian goverment agencies as they require Citizen status or PR status.
Also the issue around purchasing a house.

Thanks