Wikiposts

migration agents? or solo?

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute
Question migration agents? or solo?

we are just starting the process!! and would appreciate anyone's opinions on the use of migration agents? i have enough points and will be applying as a skilled migrant.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:54 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: migration agents? or solo?

Originally Posted by jacknat
we are just starting the process!! and would appreciate anyone's opinions on the use of migration agents? i have enough points and will be applying as a skilled migrant.

Hi there, if your case is straight forward then I would do it myself. The hardest part is getting your skills assessment so if you had to then you could even just use an Agent for this part. In hindsight I wish we had done it ourselves because we wasted £2000 on getting an Agent to do very little. You can also get a LOT of information on this forum.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Carolyn
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: migration agents? or solo?

Originally Posted by NAC
Hi there, if your case is straight forward then I would do it myself. The hardest part is getting your skills assessment so if you had to then you could even just use an Agent for this part. In hindsight I wish we had done it ourselves because we wasted £2000 on getting an Agent to do very little. You can also get a LOT of information on this forum.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Carolyn
Thanks for that, every bit of information is very helpfull! i have just downloaded the skills assessment form and it seems pretty daunting! so if we can manage that ok, the forms might get easier!! thanks again for your advice
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:18 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, every bit of information is very helpfull! i have just downloaded the skills assessment form and it seems pretty daunting! so if we can manage that ok, the forms might get easier!! thanks again for your advice
use someone for skills assesment then do the rest yourself in my case agents have proved to be more stressful you can find anything you need to know on here wish i'd found it sooner
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kelli28
use someone for skills assesment then do the rest yourself in my case agents have proved to be more stressful you can find anything you need to know on here wish i'd found it sooner
cheers, i,m impressed by the site too and have only joined today! do you use the same agents for the skills assessment? Steve
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:29 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

cheers, i,m impressed by the site too and have only joined today! do you use the same agents for the skills assessment? Steve
well i wouldent recommened mine!!
try and have a search i know alot of people reccomend go matilda and someone else forgot the name (sorry)
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kelli28
well i wouldent recommened mine!!
try and have a search i know alot of people reccomend go matilda and someone else forgot the name (sorry)
thanks alot, i'll have a look at go matilda, and also have a shop around if only you still just needed a tenner in your back pocket!! steve
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Hiya - welcome to the site. We did it all ourselves - or actually I should say my partner did it all himself. Think he found all the info he needed on the skills assessment on this site to be honest. Skills assessment went fine and 12 weeks and 5 days since they received the visa application so dont know if thats been done properly or not - but John said it was not bad and you just had to take your time - good luck!!!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 5:00 am
Just Joined

bignoselives has a spectacular aura aboutbignoselives has a spectacular aura aboutbignoselives has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
Hiya - welcome to the site. We did it all ourselves - or actually I should say my partner did it all himself. Think he found all the info he needed on the skills assessment on this site to be honest. Skills assessment went fine and 12 weeks and 5 days since they received the visa application so dont know if thats been done properly or not - but John said it was not bad and you just had to take your time - good luck!!!
i wouldnt reccomend using Gomatilda to do your skills as you will still be waiting this time next year before it gets anywhere.
Go it alone and use this site to help with questioins you are not sure about ( i wish i had )
In fact you are more likely to get your answers more quickly on here by Alan of Gomatilda than asking Gomatilda directly!!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
thanks for your welcome, after looking at the skills test i think i might need John!!, we're leaning towards completing all the forms etc. ourselves as we havn't heard any positive feedback either online or through friends. this site is proving very informative and very addictive!!. good luck yourselves! cheers Steve & Ange
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Rose12 is on a distinguished road

I did it by myself, have at least 4 other friends who did it by themselves - all with a positive outcome.
I would say if you have time to research, patience and read carefully all it takes, you can save a good money doing it by yourself.

thanks for your welcome, after looking at the skills test i think i might need John!!, we're leaning towards completing all the forms etc. ourselves as we havn't heard any positive feedback either online or through friends. this site is proving very informative and very addictive!!. good luck yourselves! cheers Steve & Ange
Old Jul 16th 2005, 8:19 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

we did our first TRA solo & failed miserably but then with the excellent help of George Lombard & Team at www.austimmigration.com.au we passed 2nd time. In regards of the visa applic itself, we are going solo as our case is really straight forward.

Claire
x
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

MartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to all

We did TRA ourselves and passed 1st time. Agree that this was the worst bit, we thought gathering all the statements would be a real nightmare, so we wrote them out ourselves and asked employers to put on their headed paper and sign them, some changed detail slightly, but most were happy with what we'd done. For those that had gone bust we got our solicitor to sign a statutory declaration and included employment evidence.

In the process of doing our visa appl now and it seems a walk in the park after the TRA.

This forum really is fab for any advice you'll need.

Mart & Lane
Old Jul 17th 2005, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Jacek is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not bother we used ASA and for what they did and how long they took to do it we now realise we could have easily done it ourselves, in fact we did all the donkey work anyway all they did was put it in order. No grudge at them but your money is better spent elsewhere.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jacek
I would not bother we used ASA and for what they did and how long they took to do it we now realise we could have easily done it ourselves, in fact we did all the donkey work anyway all they did was put it in order. No grudge at them but your money is better spent elsewhere.

hi everyone,

we would just like to say a big thanx for everyone's input, it has given us much to think about!!! we have decided to have a go at all the forms ourselves!!! and maybe this is a bit rash, but we're not daft(well the wife's not) and to be honest i don't think anyone's trying not to let you in, they're just been cautious albeit vvvvvv cautious!!!!. this site should replace immi.gov as its far more informative!!!!

thanx once again, i'm sure we'll have more questions for you all in the future.

Steve & Ange

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.