Migration Agents

Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:08 am
Just Joined

weealbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Migration Agents

Does anyone know of any migration agents in the lancashire area? I want to meet face to face with one. I hate talking about such important stuff over the phone. Thanks everyone
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Migration Agents

Hi there,
I am with Concept Australia who are based in Manchester City centre, they have been very good so far and I hope to get my visa soon.

Originally Posted by weealbie
Does anyone know of any migration agents in the lancashire area? I want to meet face to face with one. I hate talking about such important stuff over the phone. Thanks everyone
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:35 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Agents

Hi weealbie,

these guys http://www.australia-migration.com/ come over to the UK almost monthly - they are based in Perth but i have found them to be spot on. Also Super Seaguls has used them and recieved his visa a few days ago.

Cheers

Jon
Old Dec 17th 2004, 12:59 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it really matters where your agent is based. I didn't realise this at first but you can conduct all of your business with them by phone, email, post etc. So I would advise you to choose an agent based on reputation rather than location.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 1:11 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I don't think it really matters where your agent is based. I didn't realise this at first but you can conduct all of your business with them by phone, email, post etc. So I would advise you to choose an agent based on reputation rather than location.
Ditto !
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Absolutely.

Like wargod says, I used ASA and got my visa this week. Was a superb service. And they pop over every 2-3 months so you can meet them for a consult, or beer like I did.

SS
Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road

OE have an office in Manchester if that helps (see the link at the top of the page)

Denise & Lee

Old Dec 19th 2004, 5:09 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

That's my view too ... as well as the issue of the experience of the people who will be handling your visa application. A number of agents use relatively inexperienced staff to put together the visa application documentation ...

I understand the desire to be able to have a face to face discussion with an agent, but that can mean you cut down on your choices fairly significantly.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by worzel
Old Dec 19th 2004, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

I had the same thoughts as you, wanting to be able to deal with them face to face, what a shambles, I learnt very early on after paying through the nose for local agent in the NWest I might add, take some advise :- You are going to Australia, so use an agent that only deals in Australia and preferably one thats in Australia so that if you have any problems the Aussie Govt and MARA can get hold of them !!
Old Dec 19th 2004, 5:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Druid
I had the same thoughts as you, wanting to be able to deal with them face to face, what a shambles, I learnt very early on after paying through the nose for local agent in the NWest I might add, take some advise :- You are going to Australia, so use an agent that only deals in Australia and preferably one thats in Australia so that if you have any problems the Aussie Govt and MARA can get hold of them !!
There are some MARA registered agents in the UK.

However, in the last few years a lot of migration processing has moved onshore to Australia. The skill assessing authorities are all in Australia, as is the Adelaide processing centre - a UK based agent (even MARA registered) may be closer to you but will be further away from the action in Australia.

Jeremy
Old Dec 19th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Not always the case that the Australian Agents are better. We had a great deal of problems with our former agent who is based in Sydney. Not once during the 14 months we were with him did he contact us, unless we sent an email question/query and never contacted us by email/phone/letter to find out how we were getting on gathering the info for the checklist he sent us at the beginning. Just last week, I telephoned him in Australia 4 times, before I was able to speak to him and then he was abrupt and impolite. We paid AUD3800 fees for him to send a check list and it took us 8 months to gather the info he requested, only to find that we had collected the docs/info needed for the visa application and not the skills assessment application. As it turned out we had to then gather other info for the skills assessment (another 3 months) and some of the docs sent originally ie references, police checks, pay slips, photos etc are now out of date and will have to be done again. We are now no further forward than we were 14 months ago, when we paid him his fees and got a failed TRA assessment to boot.

Needless to say, I am not happy with the service this particular Aussie agent gave, but I am not saying they are all the same, just watch how you go. I have now appointed a recommended agent with a good track record. You should make sure who ever you appoint is a good reputable MARA registered agent based in uk or Australia.

Cheers

Jan
Old Dec 20th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KenJan333
Not always the case that the Australian Agents are better. We had a great deal of problems with our former agent who is based in Sydney. Not once during the 14 months we were with him did he contact us, unless we sent an email question/query and never contacted us by email/phone/letter to find out how we were getting on gathering the info for the checklist he sent us at the beginning. Just last week, I telephoned him in Australia 4 times, before I was able to speak to him and then he was abrupt and impolite. We paid AUD3800 fees for him to send a check list and it took us 8 months to gather the info he requested, only to find that we had collected the docs/info needed for the visa application and not the skills assessment application. As it turned out we had to then gather other info for the skills assessment (another 3 months) and some of the docs sent originally ie references, police checks, pay slips, photos etc are now out of date and will have to be done again. We are now no further forward than we were 14 months ago, when we paid him his fees and got a failed TRA assessment to boot.

Needless to say, I am not happy with the service this particular Aussie agent gave, but I am not saying they are all the same, just watch how you go. I have now appointed a recommended agent with a good track record. You should make sure who ever you appoint is a good reputable MARA registered agent based in uk or Australia.

Cheers

Jan
There are a lot of agents in the UK that "Rent" the MARA number, you try get some recourse of them when things go wrong. International law is a very expensive long drawn out complex problem when you have to report them or complain to the MARA.

At least if they are in Australia, you make your complaint to MARA and then let MARA take over, eventually you will get somewhere, here in the UK its money for jam, "Sure I will get you a visa just sign here and pay £3000.00"
12 months later nothing to show for it, call MARA Ha! Ha! you just been suckered.

I know I've been suckered by a UK agent !!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of agents in the UK that "Rent" the MARA number, you try get some recourse of them when things go wrong. International law is a very expensive long drawn out complex problem when you have to report them or complain to the MARA.
What exactly do you mean by 'rent' the MARA number?

Jeremy
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

At least if they are in Australia, you make your complaint to MARA and then let MARA take over, eventually you will get somewhere, here in the UK its money for jam, "Sure I will get you a visa just sign here and pay £3000.00"
12 months later nothing to show for it, call MARA Ha! Ha! you just been suckered.

I know I've been suckered by a UK agent !!
You can make a complaint to MARA whether you are in Australia or not. I am presently compiling a letter of complaint as we speak. I am not sure whether we will get any money back though, so we at the moment have nothing to show 18 months after deciding to immigrate, a husband who turns 45 in 10 months time and a lot less money in our pocket.

There is a lot to be said for appointing a good agent with a proven track record and comes recommended. I only wish I had found this site before we appointed our first agent.

We havn't given up yet. At least our new guy is miles more pleasant and informative. Just waiting to hear what is the next step and still trying to keep that Australian Dream alive.

Good luck

Jan
Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
What exactly do you mean by 'rent' the MARA number?

Jeremy
I mean pay a retired MARA registered agent usually now living in some remote part of Aus out of the rat race to use there number.

Remeber the Aussie govt a few weeks announcing changes to clamp down on unscroupulous MARA registered agents !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.