Wikiposts

Migration Agents!!!

Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Chris B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration Agents!!!

Having spent nearly 4 years trying to get a 136 visa, And we are now so close, but the last couple of invoice's I received, I questioned a couple of items. The Migration Agent has now stated that the 'relationship of trust has broken down' and they are saying the feel they cannot assist us any further, and any documents will be returned to us.

If we do not reply in 7 days then they will accept this as acceptable.

I feel that I had the right to question items listed on my invoice, eg being charged for filling out a form, that they did incorrectly.

Is there any one out there who could advise us what to do next??

Do we need a further migration agent to finish our application??

Is there someone I can complain to, about their conduct??

please help

Chris
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:41 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Migration Agents!!!

Get intouch with Alan Collett at www.gomatilda.com or even George Lombard.

There are guidelines that the agents should adhere to and you do have rights.

Originally posted by Chris B
Having spent nearly 4 years trying to get a 136 visa, And we are now so close, but the last couple of invoice's I received, I questioned a couple of items. The Migration Agent has now stated that the 'relationship of trust has broken down' and they are saying the feel they cannot assist us any further, and any documents will be returned to us.

I feel that I had the right to question items listed on my invoice, eg being charged for filling out a form, that they did incorrectly.

please help

Chris
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:47 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chris B

please help

Chris
Hi Chris

I can only say what I'd do in your shoes as we're doing our own migration admin.

Who are you with? If you're with Alan or George's firms I would contact them direct. If not then go to the top.

Your agent should be a member of the Approved Migration Agent Scheme (sorry can't remember the proper title but it will be on the DIMIA website) so if this can't be resolved satisfactorily you will be able to lodge a complaint with them.

It sounds ludicrous for them to try to terminate your agreement merely because you queried a couple of charges.

Just reiterate that you don't believe your relationship with them has broken down but that you must have the right to be happy with invoices before parting with money.

Good luck

Last edited by arnie2oz; Jun 25th 2004 at 2:57 am.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:53 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47sk.pdf

Contact details for migration Agents Association. - Page 3
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:09 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Don't start me on agents!
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by arnie2oz

Your agent should be a member of the Approved Migration Agent Scheme (sorry can't remember the proper title but it will be on the DIMIA website) so if this can't be resolved satisfactorily you will be able to lodge a complaint with them.

They should be MARA approved :

I can't see why you shouldn't be able to question some of things on YOUR invoice, seems very strange. Hope you work it out though. Are they UK based agents?
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Chris B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Don't start me on agents!
I take it your having 'fun' as well.

they take your money soon enough but when you question them.......

Well we no longer have a Migration agent - but I do have the forms for a formal complaint!!

Chris
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:46 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
They should be MARA approved :

I can't see why you shouldn't be able to question some of things on YOUR invoice, seems very strange. Hope you work it out though. Are they UK based agents?
Makes little difference in practice, IMO.

Mine was MARA approved but a disgrace.