British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Migration Agent to help assess occupation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/migration-agent-help-assess-occupation-924647/)

Tam840 May 2nd 2019 11:08 am

Migration Agent to help assess occupation

Hi all,

After having stayed in Australia on a work holiday visa several years ago I'm set on going back there one day (rather sooner than later)! I've been keeping an eye on the skilled worker lists for years but there is never an occupation that matches my profession. After a recent Google I found out that you might also be able to qualify if your profession requires the same skill set as one on the list. However evidence of this seems quite vague... I have a degree that matches an occupation that is currently on the list but no work experience in that exact field. My work experience is similar to another occupation on the list but is not a 100% match. I have enough points to qualify so this mismatch in occupations keeps being a let down.

Does anyone have a similar experience but managed to have a successful application? Can anyone recommend a migration agent that can help me with this? I've seen several comments on this forum saying that there are several agents that post on this forum but my search skills seem not up to scratch to find them.

Any help or point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Pollyana May 2nd 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Migration Agent to help assess occupation

Originally Posted by Tam840 (Post 12678343)
Hi all,

After having stayed in Australia on a work holiday visa several years ago I'm set on going back there one day (rather sooner than later)! I've been keeping an eye on the skilled worker lists for years but there is never an occupation that matches my profession. After a recent Google I found out that you might also be able to qualify if your profession requires the same skill set as one on the list. However evidence of this seems quite vague... I have a degree that matches an occupation that is currently on the list but no work experience in that exact field. My work experience is similar to another occupation on the list but is not a 100% match. I have enough points to qualify so this mismatch in occupations keeps being a let down.

Does anyone have a similar experience but managed to have a successful application? Can anyone recommend a migration agent that can help me with this? I've seen several comments on this forum saying that there are several agents that post on this forum but my search skills seem not up to scratch to find them.

Any help or point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Go back through treads on here over the last 2-3 years as fewer agents most here now the forum is quieter.
However some wh do still drop in are TeeTMI, Alan Collet and George Lombard, all highly recommended.

However you use,make sure they are MARA registered

Tam840 May 2nd 2019 1:53 pm

Re: Migration Agent to help assess occupation

Thanks Pollyana! I'll check them out.